Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Hi friends,
I am really excited to play Overwatch tonight! In fact, I can't wait!
That's my story. Thank you for reading my post.

Your pal,
Onion Knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

hoping to survive for another two hours

then probably pubbing hanzo tonight regardless of what the team picks because I miss this game and want to have fun

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

The thrill I get when I get a kill by genji-reflecting a widow snipe or high noon onto its origin can only be described as "intensely sexual"

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Is Lijang Tower not in rotation now? I hit 20 and haven't played on any of those maps once.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Ahhpple posted:

These are skilled fps players who have years of experience and they've probably explored every character to the fullest.

This is definitely not true. Meta for a game like this really takes time to pan out. I'm not saying someone is absolutely, 100% going to figure out some new tech to suddenly make D.Va top tier, but even the pros who were in the closed beta don't have everything totally figured out yet.
That, and, every substantial patch can (and often does) make certain characters and strategies viable that weren't pre-patch.

What you'll probably see some months down the line is D.Va working in a few specific comps in a few specific maps.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

D.Va's mech should have her headshot point on her back, like Bastion in turret form.

Now she's the brutal 1v1 harasser/front line tank she should be, but will still crumple to a coordinated attack or sneaky Tracer or whatever.

Blizzard you can PayPal me my consultant fee at

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

MY ABACUS! posted:

Do any "gamers", Korean or otherwise, find D.Va's personality endearing?
It's like network TV police procedural levels of misunderstanding a youth culture.

Having lived and worked in South Korea for a number of years, I can confirm that D.Va is a startilngly accurate representation of Korean Gamers: gigantic annoying dweebs who think they're the hottest poo poo ever.

If D.Va was any more realistic she'd be a chubby 16 year old boy with a lovely bowlcut whose only voice lines are about how the Japanese are subhuman filth.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Overwatch is the most fun I have had in a shooter game in over a decade

also please increase sombra's damage by 20% and make the translocator permanent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I installed PTR because of Orisa and it was a good move because she is a good robot and really fun to play and you can just take hot steamy dumps on basically everyone if you've got shield up.

I feel like they're going to nerf her clip size though. You can just sit on mouse1 and reload after the entire enemy team is dead.