Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Oh man I'm gonna play this game til i'm so nintendo-eyed i can't even stand!
gonna run around freezing dudes and making walls and shooting plain flavored popsicles
then i'm gonna press h and strut around in a big pink meka suit and *makes machine gun noises like a child* any nerds that get in front of me and hit my boosters and fly around all *whoooooosh!* eject! *ka-boom!* TEAM KILL! Weeeeeee!
and and and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

When I'm Mei in this game, I'm going to build a great (ice)wall.
And make the other team's Reaper pay for it.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

To be fair, Blizzard isn't all sunshine and rainbows either. They have a long and storied history of scheduling open betas, free trials, welcome back campaigns, and aggressively stepped-up marketing around the releases and betas of games they perceive to be their competition.

Well obviously if the free market didnt want this type of behavior it wou.... *slumps over, banging head on desk repeatedly, yelling "OPEN THE loving SERVERS ALREADY" while drooling on self*

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, the free market doesn't condemn this behaviour. This is the power of Blizzard: Massive, overwhelming mindshare. Kind of like Nvidia in that regard, where everyone else is playing for 2nd prize.

Hmm, yes. I see. Furthermore... *smashes head against wall, splattering blood, sweat, and snot from intense sobbing across it* WHY, GOD? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST MAKE THEM OPEN THE SERVERS EARLY? i THOUGHT YOU LOVED PEOPLE, AND WANTED US TO BE HAPPY???

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Atoramos posted:

Starting to read through all the lore and every hero feels like classic Metzen. Ahh Blizzard:

Tracer: Was 22 when she was a test pilot and put into the timestream. All I'm saying is maybe you don't get your youngest member to test new technology.

Its way easier to get people to do insanely dangerous stuff when they're still young, stupid, and believe themselves to be invincible.

*scrawls overwatch logo on the floor in own blood, chanting "Cheers, Loves! My sanity's gone!"*

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Reaper is canonically a 14 year old edgelord who listens to Avenged Sevenfold through speakers in his helmet.
The next time his step dad tells him to not talk back to his mother, hes totally going to say "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD! gently caress YOU!" Just you wait. He's totally gonna say it this time.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Someday we'll be sitting in our wheelchairs, grandchildren not even pretending to be interested, as we tell the tale of how we were there at the great Overwatch Launch Server Massacre.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

Does anyone else get motion sickness from watching Overwatch videos/streams? I can't even get through a ten-minute video without feeling mildly ill

I do. Totally worth it though. Dramamine kinda helps.

The only skin i would consider using for D.Va is the junker one, and only if i can macro Fury Road quotes to show in the chatbox in all caps whenever i use an ability.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

*performs dark rituals to ensure the servers dont melt like morals in a whore house*

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Anyone else already beat the game? :smug:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Macaluso posted:

There was a Widowmaker me and my team were dealing with last night named Grover and long story short I hope he dies in real life

I am this salty whiner itt

Don't worry. His house is built poorly (dangerously) with mismatched windows.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Good on you, Eonwe! The world could always use more heroes.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Awwwww yeah! played with some friends with pubbie fillers, my pal got commended to legendary as Mercy, she opened her loot box and was ecstatic to find she can now launch fire puppies as Hanzo, and then i opened my loot crate and:

Havin' fun and beating video games.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

Are people generally in agreement that D.Va is bad or are some people just haters??

She's real fun to play, and I like her mech gimmick and jetpack.

Anyone who hates D.Va is one of those people who drive 5 under the speed limit in the left lane, and or rides their bicycle on the sidewalk/on the street.
Its a fact.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I live my life one loot box at a time. :rice:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Guess who JUST figured out you have to hold down the space bar to make Mercy glide on her wings?
its me. I'm the :downs:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

:chloe:

Gee, thanks, little frostbot... But i think i'll pass...

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I have this thing for switching to my nes zapper as Mercy and braining the enemy Widowmaker from across the field.
I would do it proper by switching to Widowmaker myself and engaging in an epic sniper vs. sniper duel, but i haven't learned how to channel the spirit of Caro.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Ularg posted:

I finally got a cool skin out of a loot box:

Too bad I absolutely hate playing Mercy. There are so many "Man I could kill that guy if I was Zenyatta or Lucio"

Mercy's nes zapper packs a surprising punch. I flip to it and drop enemy players fairly often.
And i'd stab someone, in front of they own mama, for that valkyrie skin.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Is there some arcane witchery involved in getting kills as Hanzo? Everyone else seems to be pulling off amazing shots from across the map but I can't hit dick all.

Take him to the practice range and plink at the robits. Aim slightly higher than you think you need to, esspecially at longer ranges.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

WirelessPillow posted:

Wait he is Brazilian? why not soccer?

I'll tell ya why. Its because soccer is dumb.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I didn't really like Overwatch. It seems like one if their marketing people played a bit of CoD on the weekend and said "wow, we could make a killing here". It's all about quick consumption and micro transactions here. Good luck all.

Pretty sure the Terrible Opinions Thread is over in PYF.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Jimbot posted:

So is it even humanly possible to get 20 teleportation uses in one game? I can't even manage 8. If she was more useful attacking it would be one thing but her weapon has such limited uses and all you can hope to do is hope an enemy runs into one or two of your turrets damaging them, maybe 20 points. You simply wouldn't be able to do the damage necessary to even get the ultimate 4 times. Symmetra's kit has no real use outside of defense and she's the only hero who suffers from this.

Ho boy an ultra slow moving object is coming my way, I best get out of its path when it reaches me in 5 minutes.

M2 is for bottlenecks when there's visual interference for your enemy, or you can charge it and dart around a corner as it goes off to surprise someone.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

limited posted:

One thing every Mercy player I've seen so far ( including myself until recently ) forgets, is that she has a pistol. And it's not actually that bad.

It's automatic, has a big clip, and nearly zero recoil with damage that isn't to be sniffed at. It's pretty drat nasty to pull out if you're out of healing targets and there's nobody to boost in range.

One of my Mercy potg's was me healing a couple folks from near death, switching to her zapper for three kills, then back to her staff for a damage boost to our gattling gun bastion.
All those years of disc priest healing in wow finally (sort of) paying off. :unsmith:

Steve2911 posted:

Now I just need a tank to fall in love with and I'm all set forever.

The answer is D.Va. duh.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Two Bastions and a Toblerone on defense with healers.

"Step into my meatgrinder" said the bullets to the face.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Came across the Top Gun soundtrack in an old box. Played an hours worth of D.Va to it.
No shame. It was :krad:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The weakest characters are whichever ones i'm not playing at the moment.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

My friend and I found we can combine our sprays for a devastating combo:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Because Battleborn characters weren't designed to be as blandly attractive and appeal to as many sexual fantasies as possible. Who's your favourite? The gamer girl? The shy Science girl? The Femme Fatale sniper? The short-haired strong girl? What about the sniper ninja man? Or his brother, cyborg ninja sword man. The ragged Cowboy or Veteran soldier? etc etc etc.

Fun fact: Zarya is based on one of the Diablo 3 designers, and she's apparently from Russia as well.

And holy poo poo are you taking a video game seriously that can't even take itself seriously.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

:drat: that's cold.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I live my life one loot box at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Well when Jastiger shoots, they should loving die.

Dunno, duder. Would be pretty op if you could score kill shots with ease and still shrug off head shots from the mods.