Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Transmogrifier posted:

Things of note: ranked play is not in at launch

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
loving americans and your loving timezones

loving americans

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
no you got it wrong, borderlands was bad, opposing force however was good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
battleborn more like stillborn lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

RanKizama posted:

That's the thing though; there is no room for limbs. Her knees and elbows are full-on ball joints.

no doubt another disturbing secret experiment by Dr.Mercy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
game is already dead

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
mcree is the easiest hero in the game 1v1

step 1: toss flashbang
step 2: free kill

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
27 eliminations

27 fan the hammer kills :grin:

Mcree is a lot of fun against publords

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i didn't even learn how to talk globally to the other team until the last day of beta :kiddo:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bass Bottles posted:

Are people generally in agreement that D.Va is bad or are some people just haters??

She's real fun to play, and I like her mech gimmick and jetpack.

She's not great and not horrible but clearly a lot of people like to play her

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whenever i play healer my team wins

Butt im no healer by nature

Its me, im the guy goung dps even though we have no support

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Then i get a ton of kills but we lose more

Augh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bone posted:

Speaking of skins, I opened this sweet Reinhardt skin the other day:

can you imagine what this man looks like without his armor on?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Abu Dave posted:

What are you supposed to do in the downtime when you're a turret girl and all our turrets are up? Shoot guys? I thought I saw that you could heal your turrets somehow?

shoot guys and shield your bros

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Of all things, McCree. I just can't find a role for him. With no escape or self-healing ability he is tough to play as a flanker, and his pistol doesn't have reliable enough DPS to make him a sniper. He is strongest as a skirmisher but only in places with a lot of blind corners since he has relatively low health and the flashbang/fan the hammer combo requires you to be right in their face. He just doesn't seem to have a role that another character doesn't do better other than that

mcree is ridiculously good

His role is to stay close to the rest of the team and murder anything that gets remotely close. On some maps you can even wander off on your own because any enemy you come across around the corner will be a free kill if they're alone

flashbang->fan the hammer->theyshouldbedeadbutifthey'renot->roll->instantly fan the hammer again

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah Lucio is amazing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The lack of community servers and mapping tools is gonna hurt this game in the long run

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Junkrat is overall just a great character. He is as good offensively as he is defensively and he counters most other heroes pretty well. He just has a lot of tools to work with

You got his nade launcher which is a great weapon overall, it fires fast and reloads fast. Then you have your up close and personal fragmine that you can detonate pesky Tracers with without taking any damage yourself and then you ALSO have a trap that is sooo underutilized but sooo good and THEN even if you DO die, if the other guy is careless and steps near your corpse he's gonna get blown up by your grenades-on-death mayhem ability

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
competitive play and pub play are two very different things, you can be a badass with any of the heroes in quick play

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i only play characters that are used in pro comps, even though I'm not a pro, nor do I play against pros, furthermore

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wish the game would let me know when i'm going up against premade groups, then I can just use the time to train Widow or something instead of actually trying

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Brosnan posted:

Mei and D.Va are both mediocre heroes who are really popular with the kind of players who j/o to videogame chars

or maybe they are just fun, bud

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they simply need to remove Dvas head

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

GlitchThief posted:

I really wonder what it would have looked like if Project Titan hadn't been scrapped. Would the 21 characters be used as an array of legendary NPCs, like the cast of Warcraft? Can you imagine turning quests in to these people?

Junkrat and Roadhog were a raidboss

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
25 boxes in and I got the safari winston and uh, the tracer punk costume

that's it folks

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
onl the flipside i have 900 gold now so i can buy my mechaqueen costume soon

itll probably drop shortly thereafter

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dick Trauma posted:

Discovering what McCree's right click does certainly changed my view of him. It's the only way I can get revenge on those players that usually pound the crap out of me. Got a game ending PotG by running onto the point from a side entrance and fan killing a dude, roll/flash/fan killing the person next to him and then roll/fan killing the final defender.

I think the only time I use his primary is in the spawn room to shoot basketballs. :clint:

yeah it's crazy that more people don't use him because he is crazy good and super easy to use

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah bastion is easy as hell to kill

just corner peek and shoot him man

just corner peek and shoot him

the issue is when he's got like, a healer and a reinhardt covering his butt, then it's a bit trickier. Then you bring in a junkrat to solve the issue

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
1130 gold guys

I want to get a legendary skin but I just know it's gonna drop in the next loot box

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also bonus, I just got the tracer butt-pose

I am now full of butts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I don't get why Bastion makes people so salty because every time I play as him I can't do poo poo. I try to set up in a nice spot with some good sightlines and away from the enemy team, but as soon as I do, I get sniped from across the map or a Pharah dodges back and forth behind a wall and hits me with three rockets. Goons, please tell me the secret of making pubbie tears flow as Bastion.

Bad players think bastion is a massive hurdle because they are "bad players"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In other news I just came across a great Widow and she stood for 100% of my deaths on Dorado :frogbon: Widow is going to be infuriating as more people get better at her

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am very good with bastions regular minigun but I cant use his ultimate for poo poo, I always miss with the rockets and get like 2 kills when all other bastions wipe out the entire enemy team with it :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pharah owns, except when the other team has a competent widow or soldier

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lucio is too good, please remove from game plez

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mei is pretty good, i've met meis with really ridiculous accuracy on her gun and that fuckin thing will murder you in two hits

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I just hit level 30 and it clearly put me in some new level bracket because the only players I see now are 30+. I even saw a level 60 :stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Help Im Alive posted:

It seems like excluding ultimates from the play of the game would do a lot to improve them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i die an embarrassing amount to junkrats corpse grenades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Winston is the only character I fear as Genji, I am just completely powerless against him. My mobility and skillset means nothing because

a) his dumb aoe autoaim gun will hit me no matter how much I double jump and dash around
b) if I try to gain distance from him he'll just ape-jump at me

And my reflect does nothing against him and he has too much HP to burst down fast :qq:

stupid ape :qq: