Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Akumos posted:

https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us/hero/20/score

Apparently I'm the #80 ranked Mei in terms of score lmao. Any other Mei gods here?

I'm one of the best pharahs in the world on ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

What's the actual droprate for legendaries? I'm level 19 and I've popped two costumes so far. for roadhog and mei :negative:

I've gotten 1 from 20 boxes

It'd be neat if you could get a guaranteed legendary drop at certain level milestones or something (10/25/40 etc)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

I've gotten multiple triple kills and at least one teamkill with d.va's ult, people really underestimate how useful boosting up is.

I don't know, I think once people get hit by it once or twice they'll pretty much never get killed by it again even when you try the trickier stuff like boosting it over a wall/coming from above. If you hear the voice clip you're pretty much safe

It's still useful for scattering the team/getting them off the objective but I haven't had much luck getting more than one or two kills at a time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's a game that has colorful, diverse characters and environments in an age when everything is brown and grey, it's good.

Between Over watch and people actually enjoying Doom (singleplayer) I am hoping that we are finally over this "modern war" slump

I think Black Ops 3 was the best selling game of 2015 so idk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who do you people use on Numbani defense because I think I lose it like 80% of the time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I like how the forums are already rife with people claiming Blizz has tools that are enforcing a 50% w/l by pairing them with bad teams.

I'm at 49% so I'm going to pretend this is true

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

When some 40% winrate Widow with 40% accuracy starts slinging slurs everywhere it kinda kills my enthusiasm to go another round. How much of a file does someone gotta rack up for Blizz to actually do something?

Would the slurs be acceptable with a higher accuracy stat

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I played with goons and they literally all stood there watching D.Va blow them up. More than once.

sorry my crippling social anxiety kicks in whenever I see a female hero

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i can't even imagine how different a game this thing is on the consoles.

Like, torb must be a loving nightmare, same with bastion, and Pharah must be a god drat shitshow to try and play.

I mean I know you can't tweak the sensitivity on a controller so you have to slide your entire arm across a desk to move the analog stick but some people are ok at aiming on a controller

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/737022460386803713

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I have no idea how to play Symmetra. My brain shuts down completely at the idea of a support without constant healing.

I put sentries in annoying places like above doorways near the objective then spam her charged orb thing at the chokepoint/reinhardts and it seems to work ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there anything more satisfying than raising an ice wall when Reinhardt charges at you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Szcwczuk posted:

why? who gives a gently caress you can play one of the many heros that poo poo all over her or post here bitching about her it's up to you.

There you go. Do I have enough hours for my post to be invalid yet? For real all of you are bitching about a hero that can easy get hosed by things like reaper, d va, Tracer...etc.

GET GUD

24 hours minimum

Spend a day in their shoes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are the best Mei maps (meips) because I used her on dorado defense a couple of times today and it was a lot of fun

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Give McCree a lasso that works like Roadhog's hook please

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Everything about this is amazing. loving :lol: at the idea that the Tracer should be allowed to rewind out of Junkrat's trap.

If you lose as Tracer you should be able to rewind + disconnect

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just give Mei skins to everyone as legendaries

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Daric posted:

Ugh I just played a game as Lucio where I had over 3 minutes on the objective, the most objective kills and over 5,000 healing. Everyone voted for the enemy junk rat who did a bunch of damage.

I usually get a ton of votes as Mercy but barely any as Lucio even if we steamroll the other team on king of the hill or whatever

I think since Lucio's support is more passive than Mercy's some people don't realise how much of a difference he's making

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i'm actually surprised there's no afk or dnd yet for this game

If you use D.Va's afk voice line I will hear it no matter how far apart we are

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jeza posted:

Makes you wonder the sort of design spaces they haven't yet fully utilised. People have mentioned Fire in the thread already. Poison, semi-auto/unscoped rifle of some kind, knives (throwing or otherwise), clubbing stick/bat. Female robot, old woman. Those are some of the more obvious gaps that spring to my mind at least.

Has there ever been a playable old woman in a video game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems like excluding ultimates from the play of the game would do a lot to improve them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Healing as a character role is dumb and bad and almost always the worst thing about every game it is in.

I think it's fun

Sniping is a lot less interesting

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Avian Pneumonia posted:

Is there a way to turn up the volume of the hit sound? I can't always make out whether a hit landed or not.

I dunno but the crosshairs turn into an x if you land a hit (and they turn red if you got a headshot)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

pmchem posted:

How do your 'career profile' stats handle switching characters mid-game? e.g., if you change from winston to reinhardt mid-game, would your per-game stats in your profile for each hero be artificially _lower_ because you only got a half-game's worth of stats accumulated? Or is it somehow pro-rated based on game time? Anyone test this, or see a blizz comment on it?

I'm not sure about kills/deaths etc but I think the win/loss stat only counts for the hero you were playing as when the game ended. (I have a 100% win rate with Symmetra I guess because I always switch to a different hero if we lose the first defense point)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kashuno posted:

What modes/maps does d.va really shine in? I've been playing her a lot more in an attempt to get better at her and I'm finally at a pretty confident point where I can usually go the game without fully dying, but I just can't tell what she's best at. KoTH seems great for her because mech explosions are great for clearing points, and point defense seems to be her big thing if I'm right?

I sometimes pick D.Va in Lijiang Tower if someone else already picked Lucio + have had a lot of success for some reason (I went 32-0 with her there a couple of days ago but maybe the other team was just bad)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When I get a card at the end as Mercy for 12 resurrections I don't know if it means I was the best or worst medic

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

shut down gearbox

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked TF2 a lot but I dunno why people are praising the characters so much

I haven't played it in years, did I miss something other than the 'Meet the _____' videos

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is cowboys using flashbangs even a thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

General Morden posted:

put dante in overwatch instead

Replace McCree with John Marston/Genji with Raiden/Pharah with Samus + add the Splatoon Inkling and the guy from Vanquish as offense classes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

fadam posted:

Why do they hide the scoreboard but make win/loss public? I have stopped inviting my shittier friends to my stack because I don't want to tank my record.

What's the lowest percentage that's allowed to play with you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When did people agree on doot for Lucio's soundblast thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When Uncharted 4 arrived a day late they extended my Prime membership by a month

Let's all agree to buy products from Amazon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has the matchmaking gotten weird for anyone once they hit like level 30? I just got matched up against two level 70 guys while my team had two people around level 15

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

It seems to prioritize groups and W/L ratio over any other metric. That being said I've had a few groups of 15-25rank absolutely demolish opposing 25-45ranked groups.

I'm playing solo so it's just kind of weird

I just got into another game where I was the only person on my team above level 20 up against 20s/30s + one level 86

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Pharah's rockets should be buffed in damage for direct hits.

I wouldn't complain if they did since I play her the most but the damage feels pretty good to me

I'd maybe like the splash damage to do a little more though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

anime was right posted:

pharah should have more and cooler aerial mobility imo

elbow jets that let her boost sideways

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The bad thing about getting high leveled is people will expect you to be good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I know not a lot about overwatch and haven't played a fps since the original team fortress game. Is there a good baby's first offensive player I should be while I figure out the genre? I'll be mostly playing with a group of 5 other pals so I figure they can carry me while I am learning not to be terrible!

I don't think weekly brawl/games with AI count towards any of your stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Linx posted:

I have nothing but anecdotal evidence to back this up with, but I'm convinced that the game differentiates between free boxes and paid. I get the exact same impression from having played Hearthstone since release. Either that or free boxes/packs are so spaced out that by comparison you seem to be getting nothing over a longer timespan?

:tinfoil:

All I know is that everytime I throw blizz :10bux: I seem to get better poo poo. I'm a loving sucker for their business model

I bought 5 loot boxes yesterday and didn't get anything above rare so I dunno

I'm surprised there's no option where they guarrantee at least one legendary if you buy the 10 box pack or whatever