Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

hello new thread looking forward to posting here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Calef posted:

I'm not sure

but I will definitely!

lmfao this guy got meme'd by cowcaster's deceptive gang tag filenames

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

The hit detection seems pretty screwy. I'm missing melee attacks that should have hit perfectly on my screen

i guess it's all the stress on the servers or something

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

how lenient is Blizzard about their battlenet name changes if you contact them? i changed mine to trashgenji69 but now i feel like i should have made it narutokun420 instead. i even got the naruto skin for genji as a random drop so it would be extra fitting now

http://webmshare.com/QzQaJ

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

mcree is the easiest hero in the game 1v1

step 1: toss flashbang
step 2: free kill

yeah he's pretty stupid and only weirdos defend his dumb hero design

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Thoughtless posted:

He's only stupid in a vacuum. He's needed to counter heroes like Tracer who are actually stupid.

yeah but that then creates a situation where you need to have a mccree in every team or the enemy team will pick tracer and clown on your backline. mccree has no real counterpicks either so there's nothing stopping you from stacking 2 mccrees on every team, which is what happens in pro games

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

should there be a separate thread for tryhard effortpost discussion about matchups and strategy and so on? this seems like a bad place to talk about that stuff since the thread moves at 100 posts a second and most of it is just people being happy to play the game :rolleyes:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

That's not a bad idea.

The effortpost thread better start with a tier list though.

i don't really wanna create a tier list since i don't consider myself that good/informed a player yet. i mean i can try but people will disagree with it and then it'll just be a huge clusterfuck

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

If you guys want to discuss Bastion in length then you can head over to the thread I made, although I don't know if anyone is actually gonna bother to use it as long as this thread exists. I figured it'd make sense to create the thread since this thread is also full of "check out my PotG" and "I love Mei" posting and it becomes hard to follow the discussion

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

okay something is terribly wrong with genji's dragonblade. half the attacks just don't register. enemy is right in front of me, clearly in range, hit effect appears but no hit marker or actual damage. it's immensely frustrating to keep swinging at a mercy and deal no damage, especially when you NEED those kills to dash more and stay alive. it definitely wasn't like this in the beta so either the servers are borked or something else is at play

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

heres my video titled "why i dont like mccree"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tgeiNHTyI

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

Wait for the 1080 when it comes out.

to be honest getting a 1080 for overwatch is kind of overkill

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

what is the counter to widowmaker anyway? reaper? drinking until the pain is gone?

a better widowmaker

everything else only works if the widowmaker's team is bad

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

http://webmshare.com/BBmwP

Does this guy's aim look suspicious to anyone else

namely the part where he locks on to a falling d.vas head and tracks her for 3 successive shots, then snaps away to shoot away someone else, then snaps back to d.va and tracks her head for a few more shots

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

it does look suspicious but I'd need to see like two or three more before I decide

He didn't really kill me during that game at all so I didn't see any other killcams, but when my friends first died to him they immediately claimed aimbot.

that guy's team still lost, by the way. And the guy left once my friend said "reported" in chat after the PotG

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 27, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

The bloom on numbani destroys me eyesight

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Both my KDR and winrate is excellent

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

how do i turn down the godawful bloom

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Bluhman posted:

McCree's basically the 'Bastion' of the offense heroes. Like he's absolutely the slowest and least mobile of the bunch, but he's insanely powerful in an upfront fight.

His primary fire isn't even that weak, headshots of it at range can land some pretty good unexpected kills. Of course, the devastating flashbang/fan the hammer combo means that he's the end-all in taking down other flankers, which makes him an unexpectedly good defense choice.

he can also take off about 840 hp off reinhardt's shield in about 2 seconds so there's that too

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

in my own humble opinion, they should just nerf the poo poo out of lucio's passive healing and movespeed boost entirely so that the only time he can really heal/buff is when he presses E. currently lucio is basically a mandatory pick on every koth map because of how ridiculously well he can keep his entire team topped off while still doing some decent damage to the enemy clump with his m1. you essentially end up with with 2 unkillable turd lucios on opposing sides, both healing away any chip damage from their own teams and pressing E when an engagement happens. what's the point of the passive 12.5 HP/s health regen when both teams are going to have it constantly throughout the entire match? having the passive health regen doesn't give you an advantage over the enemy team, it just lets you actually fight them on an even playing field.

so i say gut lucio's boring passive healing and buff his fun stuff. maybe the passive regen should only be 5/hp sec so there's a real reason to use the speed mode in combat. maybe the passive regen should be higher, but it should only activate when the hero has not taken any damage in the last few seconds. i don't know

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Fruitsniffer posted:

I've been trying to get into Genji in the last couple of days and even though he's a lot of fun, I can't seem to get any good plays with his ult.
Whenever I activate it and try to chop down some fools, I get killed immediately. If I'm lucky, I might get one kill. Any advice?

- Start from a flanking position, like behind your enemies, or even better, wallrun up a wall and then ult before dropping down on your enemies. Smart players will typically still turn around and look for you the instant you ult, but at least it'll take them a moment longer to find you.
- Kill the squishiest/scariest targets first. Soldiers, Hanzos, Widowmakers and McCrees will just shoot you down if you leave them alive, so go for them first. If there's a Mercy, you essentially have to kill her first or she will rez her entire team after you're done killing them.
- You get a new swift strike whenever you kill a target. Your sword does 120 damage. For 200 HP targets, hit the guy twice then dash to your next target and hit them twice, then dash onto your next target and so on. 250 HP heroes are best killed with 1 swift strike and 2 slashes. Roadhogs, Reinhardts and Wnstons are incredibly tanky so don't bother trying to kill them unless they're the only ones left or if they're already low HP
- Keep double jumping, it'll make it harder for dudes to shoot you down and it also makes it easier for you to follow your targets and even hit multiple guys
- Be aggressive and twitchy. It's better to keep swinging even if you are low HP. Just yesterday I ulted with 4 HP and still killed two dudes.
- Deflect can really save you during your ult. People usually unload everything they have on you the instant they see you with your sword up

I've posted this webm a couple of times already but here's me killing 5 guys on my own with the ult: http://webmshare.com/QzQaJ You can see some of the techniques I described there

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Is this actually true? One of the most common tips for TF2 was to never doublejump because it made your movement predictable.

Afaik you don't want to double jump in TF2 because Scout is really fast and can juke back and forth while firing his hitscan gun. This applies to Genji as well, but only in similar situations, like when you're staying at medium/long range and throwing shurikens. Genji has to be in melee range to attack with his ult, so there's basically no reason not to be double jumping in that situation. Genji is also much slower than Scout, so for him the best way to suddenly move really fast is to double jump. What's better, juking to the left or right up in melee range, or jumping completely over your enemy and disappearing entirely from their screen for a split second?

So basically:

- if you are moving straight forward, like running straight towards a health pack at low HP, you want to double jump
- if you are close enough to jump over your enemy or at least break LoS with him, you want to double jump

Otherwise, juking left and right might work better

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 29, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Tenacious J posted:

Mcree's flashbang is fine, if you let yourself get within melee range of Mcree alone that's your fault and you deserve the hammer fanned at your face.

McCree can do his unavoidable instakill combo from 12m away, not "melee" range

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Tick rate is the rate at which the server updates data, I.e. the "frame rate" of the telemetry.

Nerds are whining about it because they refuse to accept that the reason they can't hit poo poo is that they're loving bad.

a better tick rate makes the game function better. i don't know why you would be hostile to the idea of increasing it

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Does anyone know if enemy heroes hear my voice lines? I heard someone say that they don't but I have a hard time of believing that

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

whenever I play Genji now I feel like I miss almost every shuriken, gently caress up every combo, get dunked on by tracers and mccrees but then i'm still usually top elim and dmg and my winrate on the hero just keeps going up, currently at 62%

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

What is the best Reinhardt legendary skin, I have been saving my Overwatch funbucks.

Anything but stonehardt, because i already bought stonehardt (the best skin) and i want to remain unique

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Cordyceps posted:

2.) don't slow the mech down to a crawl when she's shooting -- that is absolute bullshit

Then she would literally just be Winston

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Has blizzard said anything about when the balance patch is coming

I like playing Overwatch but I do not like playing against these stupid rear end Widowmaker and McCree pickers every single time I queue up for a quick match

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

teagone posted:

Crouch walk then.

"guys let's flank windowmaker"

*crouch walks to her over the duration of 20 seconds, during which she shoots down 5 allied combatants*

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/738468561245638657

maybe soon they can afford 64 tick servers

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah if Zenyatta isn't already the 'support sniper' then I don't know what he's supposed to be

they need to make someone that can realistically replace mercy/lucio in teams if they're going to make more supports, that's the biggest bottleneck of the hero roster right now.

i'd like an indirect support that drops health packs, climbing ropes and ziplines around the map

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

maybe they should remove the charge mechanic entirely because it's just not that fun to go from full hp to 0 because widowmaker clicked your head from the other side of the map

edit: don't remove the ninja

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

pakman posted:

Wrong. It's McCree.

ah, mccree. the cause of, and solution to, all the problems in overwatch

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

im gonna play as much mcree as i can before they nerf him up good. Widow has counters, Mcree doesnt
remember to type "outplayed" in chat after you kill someone with flashbang m2

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i like it when widowmaker starts camping next to the last defense spawn door in hollywood. its fun when i try to kill her and she escapes into the room that i cannot enter

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

fadam posted:

I'm level fifty and not including the preorder and origin skins I have a legendary for every character except Roadhog and Bastion.

I'm level 68 and I have the following Legendaries

Steambot (don't like it)
Wooden Bastion (don't like it)
Stonehardt (bought)
Bloodhardt (dropped immediately after buying stonehardt)
Young Genji (don't like it)
Young Hanzo (don't like it)
Mako (don't like it)

I also bought 6 loot boxes because I'm a moron and each and every one had 3 greys and a single blue, so i'm feeling pretty good about my drops

I think I could have had better luck but whatever it's just a video game

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Man the value you get from microtransactions in this game is pretty loving abysmal

I spent 6 euromoneys and altogether I got:

6 blues
24 greys

so all in all I got around 5 overbux in duplicate money and everything else was pointless trash. so i basically paid around 1.2 USD for each overbuck, not a very good value imo

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

it does but it really shouldnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Also I already polled Nehru but hey Minorkos you're the resident genji pro how do you deal with pharahs?

Minrad posted:

the same way you do with hanzo, you get good at aiming or you swap

pretty much that. pharah is pretty hard to kill but she will also have a hard time killing you due to your good mobility. i typically leave her for allies to deal with and work on other targets. but it's somewhat easy to hit her if she starts floating in place. you can also dash close to her in the air and take her out in an aerial melee

if it's a pharah that's being pocketed by a mercy then you're better off just running if you can't kill the mercy