Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I'd like to make a PSA to remind everyone that you can, and should, do the Futurama theme on Dorado attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Zorodius posted:

I was surprised that Mei was bottom-tier according to the actual competitive data. Not just because all the casuals, like me, think she's really strong, but because Seagull said he thought she'd be a competitive character.

You have to also consider when a lot of his videos where made, see people still thinking Symmetra/Zenyatta/Genji is a super strong combo even tho it was nerfed quite a while ago.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Thor-Stryker posted:

No it's true gentlemen, D.VA can last longer than Winston, but that's because she pops out of the mech and spends the next two minutes trying to survive as a squishy rather than eating the respawn timer and becoming effective again.

It takes like 10 hits to get back into your mech. She just has a big head that is her only real problem.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

PantsBandit posted:

Pro-tip: Dva isn't bad. You're actually just bad with her. Hth!

Dva players should be boosting in, pinning a squishy character to a wall, unloading cannons until they die. At that point, you've probably got enemy players on you, so put your shield up until your boosters recharge. Then boost away. Hit a med-kit if you need health back.

Dva is meant to harass and escape, and her tools help her do that.

No she's bad, she just isn't super terrible unplayable. This is how you play her but her head hitbox is HUGE.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Thor-Stryker posted:

Are pro-comps running D.Va now or something? I'm still struggling to see how D.Va does something more/better than Winston, they have nearly identical skillsets after all.

They don't run her unless it's for last second delaying on a point.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Vargs posted:

Level 25. Loot so far has been the trashiest garbage imaginable, with 0 skins and 2 epics that ended up being a couple terrible emotes for Soldier 76 and Zarya, who I never play. I've only made around 350 currency.

I hit level 26. Finally, a legendary! What could it be?! Oh. It's a skin for Winston, my least favorite character in the entire game by a wide margin. Cool.

Not my problem you hate fun.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

MY ABACUS! posted:

Do any "gamers", Korean or otherwise, find D.Va's personality endearing?
It's like network TV police procedural levels of misunderstanding a youth culture.

The pre-launch Korean tourny had at least 12 DVa cosplayers for a cosplay contest and 1 or 2 of anything else.

And then a Winston won to make things come full circle.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Brosnan posted:

I mean would it make you feel better if they dropped her voice lines in favor of her saying "git gud fgt fuccboi" and "uninstall friend of the family trash" in allchat?

I now want this.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

ImpAtom posted:

Because Pharah can shoot her with rockets, trivially escape her snipes with her boost up and use her knockback to knock widowmaker off whatever perch she's standing on, frequently to her death?

Pharah, the super shiny easy to spot out super loud hero that can't one shot Widow and gets one shot by Widow is her counter?????????????????????

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Kashuno posted:

Why do so many people compare mei to mccree that comparison makes no sense

For a bit her M2 was basically McCree's M1 before it got falloff damage, which made it way to good when combined with everything else she could do and lead to her getting falloff on it. Outside of that nothing at all.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Slowpoke! posted:

I think once people learn the maps better, Mei players will have a harder time flanking. She has no mobility skills, so she gets by just on catching people unaware.

She can wall under her to get up to some places, but generally she's only ok yea. Typically when I have a Mei on my team it's the dreaded "Mei main" and they're always terrible and block everyone's shots with random rear end walls.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Vince MechMahon posted:

I got potg twice today as Mercy for doing some sick resurrection poo poo. Feels good, man.

I've had 4-5 Mercys get potg today by shooting (and missing) people until the rest of the team dies and THEN using rez, just for the team to die to 1-2 ultys right on top of us. People are trying to play the potg system that doesn't effect how fast they level or if they win or not and it's making me angry at videogames.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Minorkos posted:

Lucio stops being exciting when you realize that his gun deals like 64 DPS and the only reason he's relevant is because of his passive healing aura. i guess he also has to press E when enemies appear but that's about it

Try going to speed aura sometimes. Lucio and a Reinhardt can completely destroy many 6 man defenses by themselves with a well timed Sound Barrier and Speed Boost.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, Genji is much better at dealing with turrets and Bastions than Tracer is short of Tracer using her ult.

Torb turret doesn't full kill itself in a full deflect and M1ing it down from peeking take a long rear end time where you can get scouted out. Tracer can point blank shoot a turret for all it's HP in 1 clip and sometimes doesn't have to use a major cooldown to live while doing it.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Make it so when Widow kills someone with a body shot she has to put the sorry spray up within 3 seconds or she dies, gets banned, and the player's car breaks down.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Teikanmi posted:

Good reapers avoid the mine and headshot her before she even sees you :3:

Good widows hear reaper's super loud footsteps before he gets close.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I've been playing with this guy a lot

He just wants one small thing to make him not die to a small breeze.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

a cat on an apple posted:

I've been trying to get into Zenyatta but I guess my bad aim makes it so I can't make up for his shortcomings. A shame because he's my favourite otherwise.

Practice aiming! And also get a Reinheart buddie at all times because Zenyatta can be a really good frontline hero when with a Reinheart shield.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Bolivar posted:

Haha, the last direct hit on the dying Junkrat was cool :laugh: Could the Junkrat have theoretically saved himself in the air with a really fast mine jump?

If he had conc mine up and air strafed into the wall right about where it would land possibly, however the extra rocket actually builds more ulty for the Phara overall ontop of being style points.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Cicero posted:

Oh, you don't build ult from damage that you do knocking people off the map? Huh.

If you do I've never noticed it.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Verranicus posted:

I suck at making turret nests with Symmetra. Every time I've tried they get picked off well before they catch anyone.

Don't stack them very close, lots of guns and abilitys can take out many turrets at once if they're bunched up together (Lucio can M2 that doorframe you planted all 6 on and kill them in one shot for instance). Also think of them as throw-away things or early detection systems and spread them out all over.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Higsian posted:

Are any of the above classes especially worth playing in specific situations? I'm pretty happy not playing them right now but if there's a real good niche for them that'd make me want them it'd be nice to know.

All of them, the least useful on that list in Zenyatta and he is still pretty good and strong as long as you don't think of him as a proper healer like Lucio. He can do a TON of damage and improve your buddies damage if they're are good at aiming. He dies to a single bodyshot from a Widow so don't ever pick him if a decent Widow is in game.

Tracer can be useful as a flanker, but where she really shines is getting to points ASAP and being an annoying little rear end in a top hat dancing around while your team comes in. Most useful on KotH maps of defense on Kings Row if the cart is right next to the end.

Genji can and can't be an amazing hero depending on the situation, he can poop out a TON of damage on a single target quickly with his combo of M2+Melee+Dash but he needs to be point blank to do it. His mobility lets him get around to do this better than Reaper on attack, but his ulty builds slower and M1ing people for ult charge will usually give away your position so you have to make a lot of judgement calls. He is probably the hardest hero in the game to learn and master.

Hanzo is referred to as a lesser Widowmaker and sometimes this is true, however one some payload maps there are sections where arrow spam and his ulty are WAY better than a Widow. He's also easier to land jump shots with than Widow.

Mei is a fairly situational hero that REALLY shines when it's her time. She's typically good vs heroes that want to be next to your team as she has many super annoying crowd control abilitys to mess with them. Getting good at hitting with her M2 also helps you build tons of ulty for when the enemy tries to push.

D.Va is a super annoying hero that is very good vs other tanks and less mobile targets but gets eaten alive vs most things with good damage. She decently soft-counters snipers but she's really mostly good and being a dick to Reinhearts and Winstons.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Trisk posted:

I'm taking some time out of my day to create a helpful list of Ugly and Bad legendary Overwatch character skins. Please do not use any of the following unless you want to be a big idiot:

Junkrat Jester & Fool
Junkrat Scarecrow & Hayseed
Lucio Breakaway & Slapshot
Reaper El Blanco & Mariachi
Soldier 76 Daredevil & Stunt Rider
Tracer Punk & Ultraviolet
Zarya Cybergoth & Industrial

I hope this post helps you all to avoid being Idiot Noobs using Bad Skins. Thanks for your time.

-Trisk

I will fistfight you

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
McCree is still really good and both M1 and M2 are super amazing. Widow is also still really good but I can't get used to the no unscope between shots so I'm doing bad on her.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

FaustianQ posted:

S:76 and Pharah can do this without anything fancy besides half decent aim. Look, I'm not saying McCree didn't need the nerf in the sense that he was the best tank melter, but his entire kit revolves around mastering a not very rewarding one trick pony that leaves him helpless once played, slow as poo poo, no escapes, and no real ability to support the team. McCree needs a rework, like he has always required.

He can 3 shot half the cast with M1 at midrange and most of them can't do anything about it. Top this up with a stun and an instant reload and you have a still pretty good hero.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

NTRabbit posted:

Every single time I've jumped up to a lvl 2 Torb turret, with Torb respawning or elsewhere, I've stood still next to the turret, held down the fire button on it, and then Winston has died, and the turret has survived with 2/5 of its hp left. The damage is either terrible, or its simply not recording hits.

Try aiming and using the shield!

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Ddraig posted:

Mercy doesn't get to do her job since people aren't taking damage, she's not really healing that much, damage boost isn't that great, and she's not actually getting any eliminations/damage done herself.

Damage boosting can make a lot more characters one shot people, that's kinda huge.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

MacheteZombie posted:

With such great maps as 2fort_snow, 2fort_fixed, 2fort_night, 2fort_pro, 2fort_2furious.

All maps that are not mario_kart are trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Grey Face posted:

I'm still having trouble with genji. I haven't been in a game with a genji where they didn't tear through half the other team solo, on my side or the other.

It's pretty hard for Genji to jump on a decent Moria, if sword isn't up she can bully him away with M2 and keep herself up with heal orb + blink.