Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Raged posted:

You deserve it for owning a xbox one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

zooted heh posted:

here's me teaching Reinhardt how to fly.

https://youtu.be/U2zwTs9v6h4

:drat:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

nobody yells much yet. everyone is terrible. I watched a Mercy jump off a cliff to her death. no one was shooting at her. No one was near her. Just death. why mercy. why

how do these wings work let's try it out

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8V7w9FLeNQ

I never got around to installing a webm converter

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

I got that blue hockey getup for Lucio last night and decided "I hate healers, but lets try this guy because this skin looks solid".

Lucio is the bomb and I will now play the poo poo out of him.

the blue hockey skin is p. great yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

While I'm on the subject of Lucio, I discovered Reason #392 to love him last night:

When smarmy Roadhogs chain you into the pit, it's fun to imagine what their faces look like when they see your beat boxing rear end wall running back out of the pit. :smugbert:

Lucio knows the pain of seeing people climb out of pits all too well.

Some new tracers don't realize you can recall from out-of-bounds though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is that a fabela joke because that's not nice.

oh snap

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagine a world where Zenyatta has 300 hp

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, thanks.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've never managed to rewind from a flashbang as a Tracer but I've had it happen to me as a McCree.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also Brannock's right nobody complains about the vast majority of pubs they play with, it's only the outliers that get posted about.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

That guy was explaining how that won't work if road hog hooks you close enough. The stun time isn't increased for travel time, if you're hooked closer you're stunned for longer after he's done the hook.

This explains a lot. So the stun starts from the instant you're hooked and if you're hooked from far away that's like a half a second of stun wasted in travel time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Junkrat can also spam nades like nobody's business.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Soldier is kinda conventional but he's solid. Landing a direct hit with his rockets while also shooting actual bullets at the same target just melts people and turrets.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's basically like his m1 except the blast starts out a little farther away

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

McCree could use a nerf but he's also the only real answer to a good Tracer. Mei could use a bit of a buff but not to her freeze utility, as that's good enough where it is. Maybe tweak her icicle shot to make it easier for the average player to use? D.va's fun but a couple weeks ago someone said that her kit was schizo and at odds with her purported role and I agree. She's a flanking/disruptor tank like Winston but her shots root her in place, her Defensive Matrix prevents her from attacking unlike Winston's barrier, and her head hitbox is absurdly gigantic. I like playing as her for kicks but when I see a D.va on the other team all I can think of is "free ult charge," even when I'm playing Lucio. D.va's ult is in a good place for area denial, though. You don't even have to kill anybody with it for it to do its job. Her booster's also good if you can knock people off cliffs with it.

Which is the real reason I play so much Lucio to be honest.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He is.

I wish I had the Mariachi skins. Both of them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

nobody mentioned there was a TORBJORN COMIC OUT

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/torbjorn-destroyer

Oh, Titan.

That explains something.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goetta posted:

I think Dorado is really fun and also probably has my favorite motif out of all of them. It gets bonus points for having the Futurama bells.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Same

thanks to eliminations being a catchall

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress if i know

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ran into some gimmick 6-pick teams but not a drat one of them was winstons

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not actually a fan of the Mercy legendaries.

Saving up coins for El Blanco though

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, everyone's noticed how crazy forgiving the arrow hitbox is

it's kinda bullshit

voltron lion force posted:

Nomad genji is sick as hell

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D.va's fun but she could also be buffed to at least be good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've only played McCree for like ten or fifteen minutes total and I'm already wrecking every healer, flanker, and moderately distracted tank I come across.

When people say he's a bit too strong I believe them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not even having the "Tracers recalling right after I flashbang them" problem I used to.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

verbal enema posted:

this is going to be my go to drunk char because well im 100% fine as long as i never touch q

Yeah McCree is one of like two characters who is actually more likely to get popped when they hit q but by god if I got it I'm gonna go for it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just so it's clear, everyone's figured out that Lucio's hockey skin is because he has skates right?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cause people were really overthinking it at some point

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh u killed my team?

HEROES NEVER DIE

heh nothin personnel kid *flies over to pharah, boosts her rocket barrage*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Everybody else who's been playing longer and know how to deal with equally-skilled Widowmakers are the chucklefucks for trying to give advice on how to deal with them.

(there is no advice that will help when the widowmaker is significantly better than you, especially if you're bad at her counters.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like as a decent widowmaker all it takes to shut me down is one aggressive and sneaky flanker or Winston, it doesn't matter if I can down his barrier in like two charged shots if he's right on top of me and juking around because he doesn't need to aim at all. A widow who can take on a Winston 1v1 in close range is a drat good player.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Verranicus pastes bad posts from other forums it's what he does

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll never forget the time I snuck up on a Widow and charged her into the river at Volskaya A

CATCH PHRASE

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

LOL if widow is more OP than mccree tho

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

One thing that seems to be common in videos and clips of people doing really well is that they aren't being shot. They're running around (sometimes right in the middle of mayhem) shooting everyone around them but they aren't actively being attacked by anyone. I find that I am constantly being attacked by someone, so my time to live is typically very brief. I'm not sure how other people can go unattacked for long periods of time so they get the chance to use their skills.

It's the main reason I took to picking Winston and just flinging myself into the middle of the enemy team over and over again since I was going to get melted anyway. I did manage to get a few good plays out of that strategy since when he drops in he gets alot of attention which ideally means the rest of your team gets a break.

The last character I tried was Symmetra but needing to be literally right in front of an enemy to hit them with the beam resulted in getting one shotted by... everyone? It seemed any character I attacked could instakill her. I wound up scattering turrets around and popping orbs off in random directions.

On Winston, that's basically the entire idea behind the guy. The only way to stop him from jumping into a team's squishy side is to kill him before he gets there and that's difficult (assuming everybody's playing reasonably intelligently). He actually does exist to disrupt and sow chaos but he has the kit to allow him to not only escape and survive after diving in but also to give his team a precious moment of not being shot at. And when he's not being a really buff flanker he's also great at playing the objective.

Symmetra has the ability to shoot balls that go through walls, players, and reinhardt shields with her RMB. They're slow but they're there and sometimes you can land a decent hit on somebody who didn't expect it. So she actually does have long range options, even if they're more for applying pressure, keeping the other team's heads down, and building up ult rather than outright killing people. Usually. Imagine it being kinda like a Hanzo ult that has no telegraph and a smaller hitbox.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

Pretty sure Symmetra's balls don't go through walls.

Oh you're right

Well I was drunk and at least my team was probably very confused

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Though considering how much I do drink and how well I manage to do with Widowmaker, maybe she does need a little tuning down...

Kamikaze Raider posted:

What the hell does this even mean? Since when does damage taken build ult? I don't remember that ever being the case.

He means the other team builds ult from hurting the roadhog player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

ok but what if tracer could rewind back in to a junkrat trap

I want to see a junkrat make this happen