Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
One thing I realized between beta and now is that I really don't like how Blizzard has assigned certain powers to certain keys, which completely throws off my normal FPS muscle memory. Does anyone know if there are per-character binds for individual powers, or am I gonna be fighting myself and decades of FPS games for a couple of weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Tiggs posted:

yes they have individual bindings

Ddraig posted:

Per hero binds. There's also special options for certain characters, like assigning Lucio's speed boost to holding down shift so it's kind of like a sprint.

Sweet merciful jeebus, this is so much better than I had hoped. Thank you both.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Zorodius posted:

I feel bad for the people who worked on Battleborn, but what were they thinking? They're going to release right against Blizzard and expect people to flock to their game?

To be fair, Blizzard isn't all sunshine and rainbows either. They have a long and storied history of scheduling open betas, free trials, welcome back campaigns, and aggressively stepped-up marketing around the releases and betas of games they perceive to be their competition.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Well obviously if the free market didnt want this type of behavior it wou.... *slumps over, banging head on desk repeatedly, yelling "OPEN THE loving SERVERS ALREADY" while drooling on self*

No, the free market doesn't condemn this behaviour. This is the power of Blizzard: Massive, overwhelming mindshare. Kind of like Nvidia in that regard, where everyone else is playing for 2nd prize.

Willie Tomg posted:

side note: lol that Forbes is the grown-up video games journalism publication in 2016

Forbes doesn't do any of that. It's the writers who do that.

And I'm not being annoyingly pedantic about the nature of content creation, I mean that's literally their business model. They're a couple hundred independent bloggers, as opposed to an editorial room or anything like that. http://allthingsd.com/20100525/forbes-buys-trueslant/

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 23, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have come from the casual thread in search of knowledge. Someone teach me how to disrupt a Mei.

Failing that, teach me how to embrace being a Chinese war criminal.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am doing it. I am embracing becoming the cancer that is Mei. And I must say it is incredibly cathartic to be on the giving end of the icicle.

Also, in lieu of shields, I feel like teleporter needs to be moved to a regular skill, and having something else as an ult. Again, I hate to bring up the comparison, but TF2 mitigated the impact of the teleporter by having it cool down in between uses. I feel that with a sufficiently long cooldown, you could make it useful without leaving her stuck on 0% bar until the teleporter is consumed.

(That said I am biased towards my beloved Prism Princess and her laser chainsaw with BFG attachment.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 27, 2016

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Random whimsical idea for a replacement ability: That light bridge that she makes in the comic. I'd love to be able to ferry the entire team across from the bell to the balcony from A -> B on Hanamura, for example.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am refining my becoming a chinese war criminalMei technique. Using ice wall as a bridge is interesting. I can sometimes drop an ice wall and turn it into a bridge to get to the left side of site B (white attacking) that you'd normally never be able to get there unless you're Lucio/Farah/Junkrat/Mercy/etc, but it's not 100%. Any tips on doing that more reliably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Uhhhhh? Hindu deity skin for an Indian character, on the scale of things to be offended about this one is, "I fail to see the problem."