Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I actually find Mei pretty difficult to snipe as Widowmaker, out of all of the characters, even Tracer is relatively easy since its just a body shot that counts because she's too zippy at times. Mei's movements are very erratic and she is tiny with a small head, it's 2nd most to Hanzo in terms of headshot difficulty, not to mention she can encase in a shield of ice, which makes it difficult to figure out (yet) where her actual head is in that encased block of ice as soon as she pops out.

A lot of the overwatch characters have such different height variations that as Widowmaker, its pretty difficult to adjust for the head, considering you try to go from a Rein, to a Mercy to a Mei, to a Hanzo as they run out into the open from a corner. It's an interesting challenge and I welcome it in getting better, but drat that Mei...I'll have you in my sights soon enough bitch :argh:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is Soldier 76 the only assault class not meant to flank?

If you watch the S76 short, it actually gives some pretty good clues as to how to play him. He can flank, its just a matter of appropriate timing and getting in and out. He can be stationary and mobile but its all about adapting to the heat of the battle with him.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Brannock posted:

Numbani is awful, IMO. It's super twisty, with loads of obstacles that block LOS, making it very difficult for long range heroes to do work here on attack. The final corner is a complete slaughter zone since it's so incredibly open yet forces the attackers to approach through two routes that are easily viewed and defended. I've very frequently had 5-6 minutes of utter futility on the final point on Numbani. It being so open means it's very, very difficult to round up all the defender for a final push to win. Playing on defense isn't much fun either since there's few access points and a whole bunch of dead ends so you end up throwing yourself directly against the spearpoint of the attacking push.

Numbani's last push actually has 3 openings, one is just not very viewable and it requires going through the catwalk above, going to the left and down the stairs and you can set up a flank. The fact that the third opening is kind of hidden and requires knowledge of the map layout makes it harder to take because most people just opt for the tunnel or going right, almost always.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i played a really good offensive symmetra on dorado until the final push.

I basically ran around and put turrets on medkit areas and put a teleporter right behind the enemy flank on the 2nd to last payload entrance near the bank vault hole at the far edge of the map and it suprised them so much that we ambushed them from behind and cleared them out and pushed an intractable defense.

She can work wonders on offense if you try to look to shut the enemy flanks and deny them medkit access, very important for the enemy's offense.

I got roadhog and mercy and lucio killed as a result of that and was able to supercharge my beam while they were running towards the medkit for reprieve.

Basically Symmie is good and cool on offense payload maps if you know where to deploy your sentries effectively

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dias posted:

Also my fuckin' spacebar flew out in the middle of a game and in the rush to put it back in I stabbed my finger.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > A Blizzard Subforum > Overwatch: Stabbed My Finger Because My Spacebar Flew Out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Harlock posted:

Just having the most garbage day. Win rate dropped by like 7%.

yea i havent been doing hot with pubs, I think its the weekend warriors phenomenon, because its always bad on Smite like this and then the week is fine. It's a theory of mine but I'm convinced it has a lot to do with kiddies being able to log on after finishing their homework :eng101:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fadam posted:

Accountability is important.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

flashman posted:

i only play widowmaker and type "git gud scrub" in all chat each time i get a kill.

:same:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

verbal enema posted:

I can't wait to get this game and never play support or tank until someone says we need support/ tank and show these nubs wtf that means to play that role.

My fav pub class in tf2 was medic.. my fav mobas people are beefy tanks that can do a thing maybe do a kill.

This game has all of that and no one seems to realize that their is no gold or items of anything. If you need to pistol a cat a mercy loving do it. If you need to wipe teams endlessly as the tank do it. It's about the win not some dumbass meta in the sense that a support is allowed to go offensive!

:wave:

nice verbal enema, verbal enema

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tenzarin posted:

In Overwatch, everything is a gimmick.

Gimmickwatch

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Internet Kraken posted:

What does it mean if a player has a little check mart under their portrait on the TAB screen?

ok this is good to know so i can stay the gently caress away from reinhardts when im bastion and tryin to poo poo on him being lazy with his shield

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MatildaTheHun posted:

The more I play the more I think 76 is the best offensive character.

when you get helix rocket kills from long range into a corner or someone retreating into a hallway, you'll understand for sure that this statement is accurate~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

while the Genji on the enemy team will always be Frank Jaeger incarnate.

check out this sick Genji PoTG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RpoI4ieAw&t=480s

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Winston is the last hero I have to "figure out" and I have no idea why. He seems cool and I can't aim.

you dont aim with winston

u just kick sand in their face

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Countblanc posted:

You get lots of portrait upgrades as you level

1590!!111 :zenpop::zenpop::zenpop::zenpop:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

verbal enema posted:

My favs are a potg where the game goes "eh w/e I blind picked this take it or leave it"

pm me ur bnet id u dweeb

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
It surprises me that people underestimate the zeitgeist that Final Fantasy VII captured for late 90s video games. It was a landmark not just for advancement in graphics, it established a precedent for character design for western audiences.

As overplayed and cliche Sephiroth is nowadays, and for a good reason...

Basically everyone and their mom knows who and WHAT Sephiroth represents

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Dva is actually very very good for clearing out sentries and turrets

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ya well my hero can beat up your hero

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hey guys whats going o- :yikes:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
genji is precision japanese engineering

treat him as such

namaste

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
You want your tracer bomb to stick to the opponent, it's funny to freak em out.

Which is why if a good Zarya gets stuck with a tracer bomb, all she has to do is pop her barrier and never dies~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

General Morden posted:

mercy gave him the suit i thought

wouldn't it make it swiss engineering

ooh so genji is a walking swiss knife this makes sense

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
but what im saying is think like a ninja with genji and itll never fail

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

A summary of getting butt hurt at someone saying you're bad at this game:

https://twitter.com/fucktyler/status/285670822264307712

i just wanted to say that tyler the creator is also my role model and i look up to him and worship the gorund he walks on and this makes me a badass at not caring too and justifies lovely behavior because im awesome like that haha :xd:

Lady Naga posted:

I guess but it legitimately seems like a placeholder ability, especially when everyone else gets weird or fancy or flashy ults and you get...a grenade. Like imagine if you're playing Street Fighter as Ken and you get your max super gauge and when you activate it he just pulls out a gun and shoots his opponent.

It's kind of situational but... if used in conjunction with another ult like Graviton Surge or people hugging a Reinhardht, Tracer's bomb can blow up 3-4 people when done right. It's also very good for Bastions and displacements and AoD.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Brannock posted:

Tracer is Y.T. from Snow Crash with time travel

Special delivery!

I like you now. :hfive: for snow crash

General Morden posted:

tracer has gorilla engineering

tracer's blinks are powered by bananarium and peanut butterom, and when that baby's flux capacitor hits 88 mph, watch out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lady Naga posted:

Like even if it was something like...Tracer moves her arm really fast and creates a small disruptive pocket of space-time that becomes unstable and explodes after a short timer, changing absolutely nothing about the ability but its flavour it'd work better.

Blizzard developer: Ok ok, fine JEEZ... *rubs temples and hems and haws* Ok, I can give her... TWO time bombs, happy now?

Eonwe posted:

tracer's blinks are actually powered by cheeky nandos

Top, let's smash it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lady Naga posted:

Like even if it was something like...Tracer moves her arm really fast and creates a small disruptive pocket of space-time that becomes unstable and explodes after a short timer, changing absolutely nothing about the ability but its flavour it'd work better.

also what you're describing again is literally another Jojo stand user

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dick Trauma posted:

What are the characters you find yourself not playing at all?

torb

hes gross

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont like his aesthetics at all but the game has seen it fit to give me 3 of his legendary skins.

i keep getting his victory emotes :negative:

im a very vain person and i dont care and torb goes against everything in my vanity induced religion

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CJ posted:

That's not what The Hand does.

I know it cuts space, literally. It was more in reference to her saying tracer moving her arms quickly causing a disruption and it reminded me of The Hand

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I really like the smug :clint: pub Mccrees that go "Problem?" when all they do is camp corridors and FB Fan you everytime.

No problem here, thanks for charging my particle gun :c00lbert:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Help Im Alive posted:

I got the punk Tracer skin yesterday and feel obligated to use it even though I don't really like it

tracer cant hack it with zarya's color scheme :smugbert:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sleepness posted:

There is something so satisfying killing Mcree with Mei any other hero

ftfy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Viva Miriya posted:

Also Zarya is hella fun

She was my biggest surprise for Overwatch picks, my #1 now

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i got a POTG as genji also! i'm gradually practicing him more so i'm still very bad but i like this video because a) widow gets owned and b) bonus cool plane noise at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsYTO3CFC0

rrrrah! vrooooommmm

niiice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you want shitskins

ill give you shitskins

Zarya

The Dawn one is the only one I like~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
B.va owns and thats my next eye on the prize for currency

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Golem II posted:

I love when people waste their ultimate just to kill you

getting bad junkrats to do this instead of blowing everyone up on the payload is always good for the team

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zorodius posted:

Does Pharah deserve a little bit of a boost? She's far from terrible, but everything about her is a bit soggy: long cooldowns on high-risk mobility moves, poor splash damage, mediocre direct hit damage, and her ultimate is pretty hilarious most of the time - even if you live long enough to use the whole thing, it rarely does all that much damage

get closer with Pharah

her ult is devestating closer rather than far away. they'll die before they can stop you, think of it as a cluster bomb

fire your rockets on descent for closer range and accurate impact

make sure they never see you is the tricky part and people rarely look up so dont be so eager to fire your rockets right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lady Naga posted:

She's either an American trying really hard to sound French or an actual French person playing up the accent to a ridiculous degree. Her actual lines are fine but she sounds like a cartoon.

a cartoon character sounding like a cartoon? :aaa: