Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
So what is the worst hero, so I can master it and be butthurt about their weakness and that Blizzard is ignoring us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkDeUuwS9Q

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Saw this posted on reddit and it is good reference for me at least. Hope it helps others.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
With Mercy's ult, when exactly does it successfully rez?

If I just hear the "Hel" of "Helden sterben nicht" and she dies right then, did it go through?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

Not having a support is not actually worse. A support is only as good as their teammates - a Mercy healing five absolute dimwits isn't going to win the game for those dimwits, no matter how good the Mercy is.

That is when I go for something more self sufficient, even if it wouldn't be my first choice for a role. 76 for DPS or Roadhog for tank being my top two in this situation.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

bara godzilla posted:

Playing competitive with friends is cool and good but playing competitive alone is the absolute worst

it's just 4 bads yelling angrily about how everyone else sucks EXCEPT THEM and then one person giving us his personal character tier list

also request: kick anyone who has less than an hour in anyone that isn't their "Main" and also ban anyone in that category whose main is hanzo, genji or widowmaker

I had one jackass like this, but more often then not so far in my 5 placement games I've had teammates actually interested in team comp and communicating with mics. I find it especially helps if I start the mic chat, that makes more people join in.

For the jackass, I just was oppressively upbeat and happy with him.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
What is the proper relative scope sensitivity for widowmaker in order to have the same sensitivity scoped and unscoped? Not even interested in playing her, more to practice flick shotting in general.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Comp points will work like treasure chests in Hearthstone probably. The higher your rank at the end of the season the bigger your reward. Gold weapons and points won't reset at end of season, just your rank.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why is it called play of the match now? It doesn't flow as well.

Because it spans all the rounds and before PotG would basically be covering one "round". Still PotG in quick match I think.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Pollyzoid posted:

From couple pages back.

Doesn't Bastion already damage himself with the splash? I've definitely had a Bastion or two kill themselves on me with their ult (really close range though).

Yes he does, you can rocket jump with it even.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Shockeh posted:

Number of lost placement games so far: 3.
Number of placement games where we had 4-5 players from 2 minutes in: 3.
Overlap? 100%

Bah!

What do you expect them to do? You can't let it not be a loss, otherwise organized teams will rotate who takes the hit when it is clear that they can't win. They are supposed to have pretty harsh penalties for competitive leaving, and I haven't heard any better proposal than that. You are supposed to be able to leave after a team member is gone for a minute (no leaver penalty but still counts as a loss).

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
According to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4si6ie/overwatch_patch_notes_competitive_character/

Along with the Zen buff (200 HP!) and Dva change, they are reworking mercy a bit:

Mercy:
Can now move while ulting
Ult build up rate reduced
Damage Boost on RMB increased

I'm hoping that is a big reduction in ult build up rate.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

lol

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20746654483

There's gonna be a ton of upset nerds who were stockpiling lootboxes just for the next character

They'd already mentioned this before at least a month ago.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
I love the comment in that. "Ugh, something isn't right with day one of a beta, I'm leaving the game forever"

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Patch Notes:

https://i.imgur.com/koe1LcV.png

Although some are saying 76 doesn't seem to have noticeable differences on his gun spread.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
OK just because MOBAs get brought up in this thread from time to time:

I've never played a MOBA. Not really experienced with RTS games either. Are any of the MOBAs out there (LoL, Dota2, HotS, Smite(?)) actually somewhat welcoming for complete newbies, or is it all as toxic as I keep hearing?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

Don't play a moba

I'm fine with this answer. Especially since I have trouble fitting in comp rounds in OW sometimes because of the time commitment, HotS would be even worse.

They just seem so popular that I wonder if I'm missing out.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
The loving hyperbole on the blizz forums about these skins. Words like "devastated" and "betrayed" thrown around like nothing. Some peeps need to chill.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
^^EDIT: Sup box buddy.

Yeah they suckered me in for 11 boxes. But I got the Selecao Lucio and Weightlifter Zarya so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
So what's the fastest exp grind to maximize crates for this? Lucioball? QP? Comp (doubtful)?