Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Aren't there TF2 servers where you literally afk on a conveyor belt that drops you to your death repeatedly so you can get drops for playing the game for X amount of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MrMoo posted:

Overwatch + Parallels is good if you don't want to actually play the game.

I've managed all of 2 minutes before Windows 10 crashes.

Why not just install Windows on its own partition and call it a day?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

I enjoyed the hell out of crowbar smacking people back in the day too but I wouldn't say Overwatch even has that kind of balance

Like every weapon was a legit threat in HL1, even the pistol only took a few shots to take someone out. Try shooting the wrong dude with the wrong weapon (character) in Overwatch and it'll just piss them off and get you dead when they notice

Nah, some nerds went and made this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pYTwn2xI1OaXPGv2qF1lNaNwlxAedprujWlEv-AkNec/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Even Mercy's peashooter can take out most character sin 10 hits, and it fires pretty quickly.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

three damage per tick? no wonder i literally couldn't kill anything with Winston

He's just a big damage sponge meant to keep the enemy team distracted while your teammates kill them all.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Edgar posted:

I heard the robot used to have a shield as well

He used to have a 1000 health, regenerating shield in turret mode, but was unable to turn 360 degrees. That didn't really matter, since you'd just park your rear end in a corner anyway.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Looks like Kaplan said they're looking to add a server browser and the ability to host custom game modes (that still earn you exp).

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

phasmid posted:

Update: I bought the game and now I like it. The friend who told me I should get it only played a couple games with me though, because he said it was a dick move to change characters mid-match. On the other hand, it's kind of a dick move to tell other people how to play a game, so we just differ there. So what if I was the tank? Now I'm Junkrat. You want a tank? You be the tank.

But yes, the game is pretty and good. You definitely get what you pay for. 7/10

You need to tell your friend that people on a dead, gay, comedy forum all think he's a loving idiot.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

A friend played on the console version at another friend's house. He said console players were beyond bad. Two Pharahs and Toblerones per team every game. Nobody rocket jumping as Pharah. Using her ult on at ground level. Nobody shooting Reinhardt's shield. No supports. Just amazing levels of bad play.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Currently 4-2-0 in placement matches, which sadly means I can no longer play the ranked mode.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Keg posted:

How did a thing that you're under no obligation to do make a previously good game become bad?

Good players you might be paired up with during casual play might eschew the non-ranked matches.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

titanium posted:

It makes me sad that when I play dota theres about a 2% chance I'll get a group of friendly people even at 4kmmr, in Overwatch there's about a 10% chance I'll get stuck with some spastic rear end in a top hat. Overwatch lets you block and prefer players while matches are sub 25mins. Dotas nearly 1hr and you can get paired with someone you just reported in the previous game.

They took out the "don't pair me up with this player" option because really good players were getting massive queue times, followed by getting paired up against people vastly worse than they are (since the system had to search even lower for possible opponents).

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

i also enjoy bad things, like cheeseburgers and passing a giant fart

Neither of those are bad, though.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

rezatahs posted:

pretty sure he gets called autistic because he is autistic

Aren't we all on the spectrum by virtue of posting on these forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Internaut! posted:

moonmoon's a good streamer and is doing a good charity stream right now for baton rouge, featuring lots of roadhog, d.va and stupid donator challenges, I got him to play a round as Reinhardt with no shield for $50

https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

I like watching Seagull stream.

• Locked thread