Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Chinatown posted:

still trying to figure out how to make a meatspin.gif spray

brought to you by COUPONBUG.COM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4&t=239s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't think multiplayer FPS games are fun

Like I really don't care for when some 12-year old teleports 30 feet, shanks me with a knife and calls me a human being friend of the family on xbox live

Please explain to me how playing online halo and cowwa doody are at all an enjoyable experience because I've tried it and I'm just not seeing it.

Also one of my fraternity brothers in college played pro halo for MLG so that might explain why they give me a bad taste in my mouth.

I think I kinda hate playing online games period because people are garbage, especially those on the internet who play video games

But running around at 100 mph murdering demons left and right is fun, so you should play doom

have you considered trying not to be a scrub

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

this is the origin behind every "e-sport"

sory that you had to learn it this way

lim yo-hwan is the Emperor and you are nothing. brood war is the only true eSport and so it shall ever be

Gaming is the greatest
Death to AAA
Death to shovelware
Curse upon the casuals

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

naw man naw, koreans play the poo poo out of starcraft, an 18 year old videogame, because of the balance patches maan, its not about the money its about the skill dude

actually blizzard stopped patching brood war years ago and balance today has been maintained by the mapmakers employed by the Korean eSports Professional Association, an entity recognized by none other than the Korean Ministry for Culture, Tourism, and Sports TYVM

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Harrower posted:

Dedicated servers were only necessary when everyone didn't almost universally have decent broadband connections, along with operating systems and routers that usually have workable default settings for being a host for ~15 people. The only time it's a problem is when people play outside their region, which is super easy to prevent.

Dedicated servers are still definitely necessary and Overwatch has them. It just doesn't have public custom servers.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Controversial opinion inc: blizzard has never made a truly Good game

uh EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?

Gaming is the greatest
Death to AAA
Death to shovelware
Curse upon the casuals

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Rahu posted:

Is there a reason to pick anyone other than road hog? I haven't found one yet.

roadhog feeds the other team ultimate charge a ton so youre probably dragging your team down without even realizing it lol

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Is rape ever good?

"I saw what you did," said Chris Metzen, "And now you're gonna get what's coming to you."

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Putty posted:

high noon is kind of crap if the mcree is far away in an open area and you arent using a hero with a mobility option to escape

this hardly happens tho if at all

Deadeye charges really fast because it mostly is a zoning ult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

THEY DREW FIRST OIL

• Locked thread