Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
as sunlight streams through the room, you open your eyes and slowly sit up in your bed. “wow, what a refreshing night's sleep!” you think, loudly. you stretch your arms, crack your knuckles, and let out a big yawn; it's time to start the day! as you get dressed, you catch a glimpse of your alarm clock. 9:15 AM. somewhere in the back of your head, you can't help but feel that you had something planned for the day. “i should check the calander, just to make sure,” you think as you buckle your belt. after a few deep huffs of aerosol at the bathroom sink, you head to the kitchen to take a look. as you approach the calendar hanging on the fridge, you notice today's date vigorously circled in red marker. looking closer, you see a few angry-looking words, and as you wrap your head around them, your skin goes pale.

FLIGHT 2 PARIS @11:45
DON'T FORGET!!!

“shitshitshitshitshit,” you think without spaces. how could you let this slip your mind? you've got a very, very important meeting to get to in Paris. missing something like that could cost you your whole career!

after inhaling another half can of aerosol to calm your nerves, you start putting together an action plan. “keys. i need my car keys,” you think, “i think i left them in the living room?”

----------
you are standing in the kitchen. to the WEST is the door to the living room. the hall is to the EAST. your garage is through a door to the NORTH. your bathroom is to the SOUTH.

>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
>south, use bathroom and clear head

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
your anxiety is causing you some significant urinary discomfort, so you decide to release some of the tension in the bathroom, and maybe down some nitrous oxide into your lungs to put you at ease.
----
it is now 9:25 AM. you're in the bathroom. the kitchen is to the NORTH.

>

alnilam

grow wings

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
>gogogo, north, find the kitchen, grab food, any food, find garage and car and just go, no time for pants

alnilam posted:

grow wings

>this is better, grunt and moan and strain until wings grow

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

alnilam posted:

grow wings

you drink the spare red bull from your medicine cabinet. your nerves start to ignite again.
----
it is now 9:26 AM. you are still in the bathroom. the kitchen is to the NORTH.

>

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
>NORTH, find coffee, test new wings

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Luvcow posted:

>NORTH, find coffee, test new wings

you attempt to glide gracefully into the kitchen. your face hits the linoleum as you flop to the ground. you wince as you get up. you open the door to the pantry and pull out a container of folgers; you've never had great taste in coffee.

[Folgers coffee] added to your inventory.
------
it is 9:28 AM. you are in the kitchen. to your WEST is the living room door. the hall is to your EAST. your bathroom is to the SOUTH. a door to the NORTH leads to the garage. you really need your car keys.

>

alnilam

Eat coffee!! :sludgepal:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

alnilam posted:

you down the entire container of coffee grinds. after a few minutes, your left arm begins convulsing, but nothing else seems to be wrong. you're right-handed, anyway.

your inventory is now empty
----
it is 9:31 AM. you are standing in the kitchen. the living room is to the WEST. the hall is to the EAST. the bathroom is SOUTH of here. the garage is NORTH of here. you start to worry if you're ever going to get to the airport at this rate.

>

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
>find cheese if there is any, then go north, find car

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Luvcow posted:

>find cheese if there is any, then go north, find car

you open up the pantry again and find a container of cottage cheese on one of the shelves. you don't know when you'll ever have to use it, but it might come in handy later on.

[cottage cheese] added to your inventory.

you enter the garage. the smell of embalming fluid fills your nostrils, bringing back fond memories of your days as a freelance mortician. those days are far behind you, though, and now you're slaving away enjoying your time as an employee of Corp Corp, the industry leader in synergy. your prius is in the center of the room, but you can't unlock it without your keys.

------
it is now 9:38 AM. you are in the garage. the kitchen is to the SOUTH. you cannot continue NORTH without your car.

>

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

HighwireAct posted:

you open up the pantry again and find a container of cottage cheese on one of the shelves. you don't know when you'll ever have to use it, but it might come in handy later on.

[cottage cheese] added to your inventory.

you enter the garage. the smell of embalming fluid fills your nostrils, bringing back fond memories of your days as a freelance mortician. those days are far behind you, though, and now you're slaving away enjoying your time as an employee of Corp Corp, the industry leader in synergy. your prius is in the center of the room, but you can't unlock it without your keys.

------
it is now 9:38 AM. you are in the garage. the kitchen is to the SOUTH. you cannot continue NORTH without your car.

>

>look garage

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Splatmaster posted:

>look garage

your look around. your prius is in the center of the garage, but you can't use it without your keys. to your left are a tool shelf and a mini fridge. to your right are your embalming supplies and a few plastic bins full of aerosol cans. the garage door is straight ahead.

-----
you are in the garage. the kitchen is to the SOUTH. you cannot continue NORTH without your car.

>

alnilam

Get aerosol cans. Look for lighter

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

alnilam posted:

Get aerosol cans. Look for lighter

you open one of the bins with your non-spasming hand and take out a few aerosol cans. you're tempted to huff another, but you manage to fight back the urge.

[aerosol cans] added to your inventory.

you look around for a lighter for about 5 minutes, but nothing turns up. you suddenly remember that you left it in a bowl in the living room, along with your car keys.
--------
it is 9:45 AM. you are in the garage. the kitchen is to the SOUTH. you cannot continue NORTH without your car.

a whole buncha crows

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
>check you still have the cottage cheese

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

joke_explainer

Just use UBER and go to the airport like a sane person who doesn't want to park his car at long term parking for an international flight...

a whole buncha crows

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
>call in a bomb threat to the airport try to sound arabic

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Nation posted:

>check you still have the cottage cheese

you still have the cottage cheese.

joke_explainer posted:

Just use UBER and go to the airport like a sane person who doesn't want to park his car at long term parking for an international flight...

in a sudden moment of lucidity, you realize that the past 30 minutes have been totally worthless; you could've hailed an Uber this whole time! you open the app and order a car. kelly (4.5 stars) will be picking you up in 10 minutes in a green prius. you take a celebratory huff of aerosol as you pat yourself on the back for your ingenuity.

-----
it is 9:50 AM. you are in the garage. the kitchen is to the SOUTH. you cannot continue NORTH without your car. your Uber will arrive in 10 minutes, so you should probably get your luggage from your room before then.

alnilam

Go to the place with the lighter and grab the lighter

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

HighwireAct posted:

you still have the cottage cheese.

in a sudden moment of lucidity, you realize that the past 30 minutes have been totally worthless; you could've hailed an Uber this whole time! you open the app and order a car. kelly (4.5 stars) will be picking you up in 10 minutes in a green prius. you take a celebratory huff of aerosol as you pat yourself on the back for your ingenuity.

-----
it is 9:50 AM. you are in the garage. the kitchen is to the SOUTH. you cannot continue NORTH without your car. your Uber will arrive in 10 minutes, so you should probably get your luggage from your room before then.

OOC: Thank you, joke_explainer! You're awesome at explaining huff-filled Uber adventures, as well as jokes!

>SOUTH to kitchen heading to room for luggage
>get luggage
>goto FRONT DOOR
>wait for UBER DRIVER KELLY

~
impulse 9
god
givehealth
give aerosol_cans 255
sv_gravity #0

alnilam posted:

>let it burn!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

alnilam posted:

you enter the living room. in the center of the room is a couch and a glass coffee table. a widescreen TV is mounted on the wall in front of the couch. there are a few cheap IKEA paintings hanging on the wall; luckily, your friends are artistically illiterate, so they can't even tell. there's a bowl sitting on a small table to the right of the door, and a coat hanger to the left. you grab your lighter from the bowl.

[lighter] added to your inventory.

------------------
it is 9:52 AM. your Uber will arrive in 8 minutes. you are standing in the living room. the kitchen is to your EAST. you cannot exit through the front door to the NORTH without your luggage.

>

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Splatmaster posted:

>SOUTH to kitchen heading to room for luggage
>get luggage
>goto FRONT DOOR
>wait for UBER DRIVER KELLY

~
impulse 9
god
givehealth
give aerosol_cans 255
sv_gravity #0

>let it burn!

you grab your luggage from your room and return to the living room. as you step through the front door, the blinding sunlight burns your eyes. you would scream, but with the amount of nitrous oxide you have in your system, the sensation of pain just confuses you. you wait for kelly (4.5 stars) to pick you up, and inexplicably feel invincible, well-armed, floaty, and healthy at the same time. the bag you were holding your aerosol cans in bursts open as 255 of them pour out over your driveway.

number of [aerosol cans] in your inventory increased to 255.
you dropped 255 [aerosol cans] from your inventory.

-----
it is 9:55. your Uber will be here in 5 minutes.

>

HighwireAct fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 25, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
>huff 55 aerosol cans, store the other 200 in your bag.

Problem solved

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Luvcow posted:

>huff 55 aerosol cans, store the other 200 in your bag.

Problem solved

you start to breathe in 55 aerosol cans in rapid succession. that much aerosol would kill a lesser man, but they didn't call you "Taylor the Inhaler" in high school for nothing. your current pace is 1 aerosol can every 3 seconds, so you'll be finished with the whole lot in 2 minutes and 45 seconds. you left arm has stopped convulsing, and is now hanging numbly.

you cannot move your left arm anymore.

-------
it is now 9:57 AM. your Uber will be here in 3 minutes.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
gyrate hips so limp hand swings round like a propeller, providing a cool breeze to the face and neck

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Don't forget to put pants on! But not one leg at a time like all those other chumps.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

shinmai posted:

gyrate hips so limp hand swings round like a propeller, providing a cool breeze to the face and neck

your left arm turns into a speeding blur as you feverishly sway your hips. it certainly helps with the sweat you're working up huffing all of that aerosol. as you finish the last can, you bring your gyrating slowly to a halt. in one mighty swoop, you scoop up the rest of the cans and pack them into the other massive bag you brought to tote them with.

200 [aerosol cans] added to your inventory.

just as you stuff the last can in there, kelly (4.5 stars) pulls up to your driveway and rolls down her window. "taylor?" she asks. you nod. "here, let me help you with your stuff." she gets out and pops her trunk. with her help, you pack your luggage into it. as she picks up the bag of aerosol cans, you begin to feel sweat running down your face. "jesus," she says, "what's in here? you donating to one of those canned food drives or something?" not wanting to reveal your addiction, you tell her that yes, that's exactly what they are. "those are some funny-feeling food cans," she says suspiciously. "if i didn't know better, i'd think you were one of those shady huffers." you begin to feel sweat running down your sweat. you hastily assure her that no, you're absolutely not. she lets out a deep laugh. "hey, don't worry, man, i was just kidding with you." you let out a sigh of relief as she shuts the trunk. "airport's about half an hour away. what time's your flight?"

you tell her.

"wow, you're really pressed for time, huh? i'll tell you what: i know a route that can get us there in 15." you perk up; any minute saved is a good thing at this point. "thing is, it's not strictly-speaking 'legal,' so if you're not into that, we can just take the regular route. so, what sounds good to you?"

---------------------
it is 10:00 AM. your flight departs in 1 hours and 45 minutes. how do you respond?

>

HighwireAct fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 25, 2016

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
> <say>Legal **wheeze** Smeagol **wheeze**

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Splatmaster posted:

> <say>Legal **wheeze** Smeagol **wheeze**

as you gasp these words, kelly (4.5 stars) dons a big grin. "route #2 it is, then."

she floors the car almost immediately after starting it, and the two of you rev on out of the burbs at incredibly illegal speeds.

-----
with the amount of aerosol you've put into your body in the last 45 minutes, your sense of time is pretty much shot, but the car clock reads 10:01 AM, and that sounds about right to you. your flight departs in 1 hour and 44 minutes. next stop: the airport.

-----

end of part 1

i'll probably continue this tomorrow or in the next couple days, but i had no idea what the story beats were gonna be going into this so i'm gonna spend some time outlining that to make things a little more streamlined

HighwireAct fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 25, 2016

• Locked thread