Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

armorer posted:

Looks like BackerKit is down right now, did something big launch?

Something big? Like Surviving Strangehollow? A setting for D&D 5E based on the hand-painted watercolors of Emily Hare? Why yes it did!

(this project is by a local friend of mine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Looks like Dragonsteel (Brandon Sanderson’s company) launched something on Backerkit

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://old.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/1b7r0u1/awaken_realms_pulls_ai_art_from_deluxe_puerto/

so confirmed AR use AI art

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

So many people angrily attacked me in comment sections online when I was trying to sound the alarm about this during their Dragon Eclipse campaign. A constant reply was the tired “show me the proof they used AI!” argument. Finally some vindication here.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

JazzFlight posted:

So many people angrily attacked me in comment sections online when I was trying to sound the alarm about this during their Dragon Eclipse campaign. A constant reply was the tired “show me the proof they used AI!” argument. Finally some vindication here.

It's a fantasy world, why wouldn't the humans have 12 fingers on each hand and legs coming out of their elbows?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Jenna Moran's latest rat RPG, Far Roofs, hit its first stretch goal so she's released an early draft of the book free to backers

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jennamoran/the-far-roofs

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Hey, Reign is shipping. Around 4.5 years overdue, and frankly I have no idea how they're making two hardback books for sixty dollars taken in 2018, but I am pleased.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EverettLO posted:

Hey, Reign is shipping. Around 4.5 years overdue, and frankly I have no idea how they're making two hardback books for sixty dollars taken in 2018, but I am pleased.

presumably they bought NVIDIA stock with the funds back then

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Remember Super Dungeon Explore? Ninja Division is going the way of actual ninjas and filed for bankruptcy: https://boardgamewire.com/index.php...for-bankruptcy/

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and file chapter 11 bankruptcy

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That campaign was 2015, holy poo poo. Highly doubt any backers still expected to see anything from them, but surprised they held on this long without formally going bankrupt.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
You know you hosed up really bad when you make Kevin Siembieda and Palladium look good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

VoodooXT posted:

You know you hosed up really bad when you make Kevin Siembieda and Palladium look good.

In a way they were the perfect match for Kev and Robotech.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

That campaign was 2015, holy poo poo. Highly doubt any backers still expected to see anything from them, but surprised they held on this long without formally going bankrupt.

As I said elsewhere I really thought they were already out of business.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

VoodooXT posted:

They absolutely did not make Kevin Simbieda look good. He made them look good, since they were smart enough to gently caress off and 100% of what they said about the reasons they quit match up with why people say working with him sucks.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I just wanted some neat little chibi figures :negative:

at least i can say my first failed kickstarter was a big one

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

The Eyes Have It posted:

Remember Super Dungeon Explore? Ninja Division is going the way of actual ninjas and filed for bankruptcy: https://boardgamewire.com/index.php...for-bankruptcy/
Another Ninja Division felled by the Law of Inverse Ninjitsu. Jokes aside, that sucks :(

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and file chapter 11 bankruptcy

We can only hope their leaders do the honorable thing and commit sepukku by swallowing a frisbee.

Bogieman
Nov 4, 2009
If anyone likes starfighter miniatures, FASA Games Interceptor Kickstarter for two more squadron sets is launching today (3/18) at 1:00 PM EDT. Also available through the KS campaign is everything else we've done for the line plus some other goodies.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fasagames/interceptor-squadron-sets-allied-worlds-and-free-traders

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/coriolis-the-great-dark-rpg-explore-a-lost-horizon

Coriolis 2nd edition launched the kickstarter today, looks to be more exploration based than the first

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Quick pulse check cause I remember some rumors but I don't know if I have imagined them...are the people currently developing Zweihander chuds or chud adjacent? Asking cause the current KS offer seems like a good deal for $20, but I wanted to make sure first. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zweihander/zweihander-reforged-edition?ref=9c41ge

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/rowan-rook-and-decard/dagger-in-the-heart

first full campaign for Heart is in its last three days. can also get a GM screen if you want

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That Italian Guy posted:

Quick pulse check cause I remember some rumors but I don't know if I have imagined them...are the people currently developing Zweihander chuds or chud adjacent? Asking cause the current KS offer seems like a good deal for $20, but I wanted to make sure first. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zweihander/zweihander-reforged-edition?ref=9c41ge

Not chuds, but Daniel Fox is an unbearable self-promoter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Buck Wildman posted:

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/rowan-rook-and-decard/dagger-in-the-heart

first full campaign for Heart is in its last three days. can also get a GM screen if you want

thank you for the reminder!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That Italian Guy posted:

Daniel Fox is a lovely person who doesn’t care about having regressive annd awful content in ZWeihander except insofar as it gets him bad press, but is not a chud beyond that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

Daniel Fox is a lovely person who doesn’t care about having regressive annd awful content in ZWeihander except insofar as it gets him bad press, but is not a chud beyond that.

What was especially egregious in Zweihander? The gnomes?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dawgstar posted:

Gnomes, rape demons, rape orcs - basically every chance where Warhammer did a bad or miraculously just avoided doing a bad, Zweihander does worse.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I think Daniel Fox managed to get himself banned from every major RPG forum just by being so annoying and promoting his game in every thread he could, which is almost impressive in uniting such different people into not wanting you around.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

neaden posted:

I think Daniel Fox managed to get himself banned from every major RPG forum just by being so annoying and promoting his game in every thread he could, which is almost impressive in uniting such different people into not wanting you around.

It really is, and it's bad enough. But he's also so dedicated to the marketing grindset that he has once or twice inserted himself into discussions of marginalized groups to briefly voice support as a pretty naked setup to going "Zweihander doesn't do this, buy Zweihander!" At that point he went from being a bit of an overbearing annoying rear end in a top hat to a genuinely pretty gross opportunist, albeit laughably obvious.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't he make the pygmies racister?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edit: Wrong thread.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mors Rattus posted:

Gnomes, rape demons, rape orcs - basically every chance where Warhammer did a bad or miraculously just avoided doing a bad, Zweihander does worse.

I wish GW would bring back the Fimir without the rapey elements, they're a really cool fantasy design.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for the answers on Zweihander!

On better news, Railroad Ink is getting a tile placement follow up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/horribleguild/railroad-tiles

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The excellently titled Horror on the Orient Express from Chaosium is rocketing along. Props to them for literally only having one tier, even if it is very expensive.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The_Doctor posted:

The excellently titled Horror on the Orient Express from Chaosium is rocketing along. Props to them for literally only having one tier, even if it is very expensive.

Got as far as "from the designers of Nemesis" and stopped. That was an extremely mediocre game with a traitor mechanic that somehow manages to be worse than Shadows Over Camelot.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It's a cooperative game, you want to expose cultists but you probably don't need to worry about your least favorite traitor mechanics being copy & pasted over.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

The excellently titled Horror on the Orient Express from Chaosium is rocketing along.

"Thomas the OHMYGOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE Engine" didn't fit as well in the box art

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I don't think I own a big enough table and I did not much care for Nemesis the one time I played it, but I have to give them points for visual design. That's the best vampire miniature I've ever seen.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I can't kill that vampire look how much fun he's having

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
It always annoyed me how Fox would take credit for so much stuff that was lifted directly from WFRP. He really is a self-aggrandizing twerp.

edit: I have no problem with OSR type homage, but don’t act like some visionary auteur.