Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
Yeah, the chick on rollerskates (Zombicide) is kinda like that as well as the special guest box with the dual-sword wielding schoolgirl.

To be fair, the plastic has a bit of flex so it won't snap like Games Workshop minis. It's also possible that the Kickstarter Stretch Goal monsters were rejected from retail production due to their fragility and inconsistency to the core game. I still want them.

I'm looking at you, weretiger. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

inkblottime posted:

So the CMON premium price isn't too bad from that perspective.
What's the premium? You're getting (at current count) 126+ miniatures and the game for $125-ish. Considering the cost of games these days, that's a drat good price.

inkblottime posted:

I might be rationalizing but still, it looks like fun.
Rationalizing ? If you enjoy CMON's games, and feel the price is right, then that's all that matters.

Just an FYI regarding CMON, I think they are starting to get a little too big, and their community support and customer service is starting to break down. They used to be pretty good with communication, but they've got a lot of pots boiling and people are starting to get a little annoyed at the way the information chain is starting to fail.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 21, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

berzerkmonkey posted:

What's the premium? You're getting (at current count) 126+ miniatures and the game for $125-ish. Considering the cost of games these days, that's a drat good price.

Rationalizing ? If you enjoy CMON's games, and feel the price is right, then that's all that matters.

Just an FYI regarding CMON, I think they are starting to get a little too big, and their community support and customer service is starting to break down. They used to be pretty good with communication, but they've got a lot of pots going and people are starting to get a little annoyed at the way support is waning.

CMoN never had great customer service for kickstarters to begin with.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

LordAba posted:

CMoN never had great customer service for kickstarters to begin with.

Eh, I disagree - they were pretty good with information, especially regarding shipping, at least when I had to contact them about anything. Now things show up on your doorstep with late or no shipping notification whatsover. No communication saying "Hey, we're a bit behind, so be patient, ok?", just radio silence. Wrath of Kings has been particularly bad in the support department - complete silence, partial faction releases, no releases for other factions, claims that "We know we've been lacking, so we're going to step up our game!" then nothing. I experienced a three month wait to get a very small replacement part due to a miscast, then finding out they've switched customer support teams, so all of the customer files mysteriously vanished... It's a bunch of small things, but they're starting to add up, and I'm seeing a lot more annoyed people than I usually see regarding their Kickstarters.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 21, 2016

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

inkblottime posted:

Yeah, the chick on rollerskates (Zombicide) is kinda like that as well as the special guest box with the dual-sword wielding schoolgirl.

Holy poo poo take your hand out of your pants when you sculpt a miniature, goddamn.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name

Arivia posted:

Holy poo poo take your hand out of your pants when you sculpt a miniature, goddamn.

Yeah, they had a bad run of side boobs and such that's more than a little eye-roll worthy. I actually like playing one particular character who is based on Black Widow since she starts off with "Break-in" power which is very handy. But she's in a skin tight latex-like leather onesie with the zipper down to her sternum. I mean I like Black Widow and all just not the over the top partially exposed boobs. We are fighting zombies after all.

To their credit, they've gotten better since. I especially like the woman in platemail (Lady Grimm) who looks like Brienne of Tarth.

inkblottime fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 21, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I pledged for Fugitive, because 2 player games are fun, and this sounds like it will be. Good/bad decision?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah, WoK turned me off CMoN Kickstarters forever. I got the crappy unremarkable base inserts instead of the cool Castlevania graveyard. Then they said that the tombstones were too complicated for the medium, right before they produced them for their next Kickstarter.

I asked if I could exchange a different set of inserts, they said yes. Then I followed up after a few months of nothing arriving, and they said no.

A year later I got a refund (for the wrong amount) and still haven't seen the cards they mispacked.

The game and figures are all great, but CMoN customer service is 100% dog turds.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Arivia posted:

That model is a anomaly, and not indicative of the product line - it was a add-on sculpted by known cheesecake artist, Palo Parente. While there are a few topheavy models or an exposed midriff, most are clad pretty conservatively, and many are pretty drat austere for a miniatures game:

moths posted:

A year later I got a refund (for the wrong amount) and still haven't seen the cards they mispacked.
Try contacting them again - when I talked to the CMON guys at Adepticon, they said that their previous service team wasn't actually doing anything, so they got fired. They did get a new team, and they were pretty responsive to my request for a new arm (though they wanted a photo to prove the miscast, which kind of pissed me off.)

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 21, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Rollerskates and a chainsaw seem like a recipe for a messy accident.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

That model is a anomaly, and not indicative of the product line - it was a add-on sculpted by known cheesecake artist, Palo Parente. While there are a few topheavy models or an exposed midriff, most are clad pretty conservatively, and many are pretty drat austere for a miniatures game:

Dressed, yes, but it's telling that the big girl is the only one who can keep her knees together.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

Dressed, yes, but it's telling that the big girl is the only one who can keep her knees together.

Are you slutshaming a miniatures range or something? I can't make any sense of what you said in any other way.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Jedit posted:

Isn't a feet-apart stance pretty common for all actiony poses, not just cheesecake ones? I'm pretty sure most of the male minis I have also have their legs spread apart like that (although I do not own anything zombicide) just because it looks more stable.

Fake Edit: Yeah, I checked. Other than "Kneeling With Rifle", the vast majority of my miniatures have that same leg stance going on

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kaza42 posted:

Isn't a feet-apart stance pretty common for all actiony poses, not just cheesecake ones? I'm pretty sure most of the male minis I have also have their legs spread apart like that (although I do not own anything zombicide) just because it looks more stable.

Fake Edit: Yeah, I checked. Other than "Kneeling With Rifle", the vast majority of my miniatures have that same leg stance going on

That just means the male minis are also sluts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
filthy filthy plastic boys

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Rollerskates and a chainsaw seem like a recipe for a messy accident.

I always play as her in the game, and chainsaw rollerskates is the best combo ever.

I just wish you could dual wield chainsaws.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was pleasantly surprised to see that 7th Sea 2nd Edition is already available on DTRPG.

I didn't back it, not my thing, but if I was a backer I'd be impressed as hell at the work ethic and professionalism reflected in that short turn-around time from funding to release.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Backers got their copies about 7-10 days ago.

And yeah, no matter what people have to say about Wick or the 7th Sea 2e system, I can't deny that the Kickstarter was extremely well run.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
True story: I was at Origins, waiting for a friend, when I see John getting dinner at the local Vietnamese place. And while I see him, my phone updates with a notification for my DTRPG code.

Well played, Mr. Wick.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Alien Rope Burn posted:

True story: I was at Origins, waiting for a friend, when I see John getting dinner at the local Vietnamese place. And while I see him, my phone updates with a notification for my DTRPG code.

Well played, Mr. Wick.

:vince: straight out of Play Dirty

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that 7th Sea 2nd Edition is already available on DTRPG.

I didn't back it, not my thing, but if I was a backer I'd be impressed as hell at the work ethic and professionalism reflected in that short turn-around time from funding to release.

Yeah, he's fast and thorough. I've backed three of his projects, and every single one has been seamless.

It's weird that "professionalism" and "reliability" and "getting poo poo done when you promised" are notable in this industry, but there you have it.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

dwarf74 posted:

It's weird that "professionalism" and "reliability" and "getting poo poo done when you promised" are notable in this industry, but there you have it.

I've worked in the games industry since 2003 and that seems about right.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Well played, Mr. Wick.

I showed up to Origins on Wednesday because it was the only day I could go. Was quite upset that basically everything was closed until Thursday. Doubly upset because they demo'd a game I had kickstarted there.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I can't believe I backed three RPG kickstarters in a row that are delivering on time, early or are going to require a brief delay but have articulated the reasoning well and provided preview materials that give me confidence it will indeed be brief. 7th Sea, Savage Rifts and Conan RPG. Blades in the Dark and 13th Age in Glorantha, the other big RPG KSes I went in on, are both quite late, and I'm not saying they're Far West or that I'm mad, but I was thinking long delays were just part and parcel of RPG KSing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Tanto Cuore opened up a bunch more of the 200 dollar level pledge, in case you missed that

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ughhhhh, this stupid Brexit poo poo is making me worry about the Dark Souls and This War of Mine kickstarters (which were in pounds). I sure hope that doesn't seriously screw up their financial situations or just give them an easy excuse to run off and say they ran out of money.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/mutant-crawl-classics-rpg-mcc-rpg?ref=hero_thanks

Mutant Crawl Classics is live. Pdf stretch goals :/

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Well the Brexit's tanking of the Pound at least means the Basius 3 Kickstarter got a lot cheaper for everyone else.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I'm tentatively interested, but I'd have to check out the preview first. I already have Mutant Future so ...

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

:eyepop: Hello

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm tentatively interested, but I'd have to check out the preview first. I already have Mutant Future so ...

I'm in for a hardcover for the book and the art. Here's hoping for a GM screen and some adventures as stretch.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Tanto Cuore kickstarter is taking votes for what playmat designs they're gonna do

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/tanto-cuore-card-game-international-editions/posts/1613776

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm waiting to see if the dude has a big meltdown over how bad and evil Gamma World 7th was to go along with the burning 4E in effigy thing.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

boom boom boom posted:

The Tanto Cuore kickstarter is taking votes for what playmat designs they're gonna do

I hope it's the one with the tits.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gutter Owl posted:

I hope it's the one with the tits.

Do you mean Spain, or Germany?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

don't worry guys my kickstarter's in pounds but I'm buying everything from English companies and they use the same podunk currency

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Edit: wrong thread

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 26, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

unseenlibrarian posted:

I'm waiting to see if the dude has a big meltdown over how bad and evil Gamma World 7th was to go along with the burning 4E in effigy thing.

It looks like this is being written by not-Joseph Goodman, so I've backed at the PDF level and am hoping for the best.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

boom boom boom posted:

Do you mean Spain, or Germany?

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man this was a fast turnaround on the Million Dollars, But card game, apparently copies are already going out. I'm going to guess they were all set to go and just used the Kickstarter for promotion and to recoup costs already spent on printing.