Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

inkblottime posted:

It's understandable if you don't like the stylized look but I think it's pretty rad!

(Most recent stretch goal)

I agree with almost everything you said and am backing the game because there is tons of stuff in there I'll use, but that one is awful. First word that comes to mind is spindly. The legs, tail and spear give it four things that look like they'll snap easily. I also really hate the proportions on the Living Construct.

The inconsistent theme with Vikings, Mummies and everything in between doesn't bother me , but I can get why people brought it up. It should provide enough room to add a whole other bunch of standard fantasy things like skeletons, dark elves and weird outliers like bullywugs, so fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Also I've never understood what made the much-vaunted Crossroads system Dead of Winter touted so amazing since as far as I can tell it boils down to "draw a card and if [CONDITION MET] do a thing, otherwise maybe don't? Or do something else?" which is boardgame technology that's been in existence since Monopoly.

The idea is that the next or previous player, can't remember which one, draws the card and checks the condition. Sometimes you play your turn until they interrupt to tell you the condition has been met.
It gives players something to do even when it is not their turn and helps with downtime. It also includes some things that everyone has to vote about, so it tries to make sure there isn't 4 turns of waiting for everyone in a 5 player game.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

Last day for me to pledge my dosh for Rising Sun, my brother keeps pestering me to do it. Telling me to get all the upgrades, that he'll pay half of the 211 total, but we've haven't squeezed the life out of Kemet yet. The chrome calls to me but I'm still fence sitting.

Blood Rage completely replaced Kemet for my group. With Rising Sun being Blood Rage 2.0 I decided to back it, but no way I'm getting those metal coins. Plenty of other options.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

Finally got a shipping notification for Brass. Just in time to miss my Sunday group. Should be here for Wednesday though.

Played my first game tonight. I am in love.
Frustrated, but in love.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

jivjov posted:

From the mind that gave us Secret Hitler comes the Voight-Kampff test from Blade Runner: the board game

Looks great, but shipping is more than the base game for me and the FAQ states they are not going to work on it.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

How is Maximum Apocalypse? I've been kind of interested in it for a while.

I like the game, but will not back this Kickstarter
The miniatures look awful, they just don't do it for me.
The last expansion already came with a box that fits the base game and all previous expansions.

About the game itself; it is a bit too unwieldy and long to be a filler game, but one scenario is too light to take up your whole evening.
If you have a shorter gamenight, want to play multiple scenarios or don't mind longer filler games I can recommend it.
You get tense situations of a team holding out, helping each other and rushing for the goal and every class feels unique.
It includes multiple apocalypses and they all feel different too, which keeps it fresh. I don't recommend combining them, since it takes away their unique points.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Canvas looks absolutely lovely.

I backed R2i's previous two games and am very happy with them.
This looks like a step up for them from the lighter games they offered before, but I am not entirely convinced it is what I am interested in.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Last Sword has started delivering "The Jungle's Awakening" and I received my Caiman miniatures in the mail. These are the first miniatures I've bought on Kickstarter that were from a small company (I've only backed Mantic previously) and while the wait was long, they did deliver and the quality is exceptional.

I got some of their Undead and the quality is really good.

Received some of Heresy Lab's stuff as well, but it was a mixed bag.
Their newer models (Old World) are very nice, but the older female 40K models are horribly fuzzy and lack detail.

If you want to try something else, I can recommend Yedharo Models.
They do fantasy stuff and I backed their Dwarves, which were just as nice as the Last Sword miniatures.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Yeah, I was very surprised to get that update as well.
No tracking, please wait 3 months, good luck!

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

I wanted to back this, but the communication from BoardgameTables.com on their previous Kickstarter; Factory Runner, was so lovely that I won't support them anymore.
Months without an update, some super snarky replies when people complained. At some point a backer met them at a convention and started putting updates from them in the comments, since they wouldn't do it themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

lilljonas posted:

Deadzone is said to be pretty good and uses... well, zones for movement, more like a board game.

Deadzone is fast, easy, no measurement and quite enjoyable.
Note it is very streamlined, almost bare-bones, so if you think Kings of War lost something by cutting out all the WHFB clutter you won't like Deadzone either.
I played a dozen games, but there was no playerbase in my area and playing the same opponent over and over again combined with the lack of depth made me give up.