Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dedman Walkin posted:

Hellywood is a noir-fantasy game about a city dealing with crime and secrets - and the demons from hell who moved in are the least of your problems. The kickstarter is for an English translation of the RPG; there's an French-based crowdsourcing program to fund a campaign called Justice of Angels. I admit to backing because I'm a sucker for stuff like this (I backed Deadlands Noir, for instance), and it's dice mechanics involve craps, like System Mastery's own Duckman RPG.

This is extremely my poo poo, thanks for the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

unseenlibrarian posted:

So apparently the next game from Monkeyfun studios (The creators of Spirit of '77 aka the source of my avatar pic) I honestly figured that Bucnasti would have come by to tell everyone about already! But look!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monkeyfunstudios/bedlam-hall-a-macabre-victorian-role-playing-game

The setting pitch is Addams Family meets Downton Abbey, which basically sounds perfect for Dark Shadows.

Oh poo poo this sounds great! Thanks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

I'm reading the preview version of Paranoia, and I'm pretty sure the player's handbook doesn't actually describe Alpha Complex at any point. I was expecting to be disappointed, I was not expecting the book to be missing an entire chapter?

There's another book called 'Guide to Alpha Complex'. That might be what you're after.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Flavivirus posted:

Very excited to see it arriving in people's hands - I even got my first play report of it in the wild yesterday! Physical printing and shipping rather than print-on-demand had its headaches, but I think the end version is really worth it.

It's absolutely gorgeous! Going to be a while before I can get it to a table but I love the character art.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Asking on behalf of a friend, but who has received their copy of Spirits of the Forest? In my friend’s copy, most of the cards are all stuck together, and pulling them apart has damaged them quite severely:

The creators have said they’ll replace a couple of the cards, but apparently “replacing all 48 is unfeasible”.

Anyone else had similar issue?

I got mine and everything seems fine. That’s lovely though if they won’t replace an unusable product.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Backed because of Orc Stabr! Thank you for including a poor-people option, friend.:)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

E: just checking their online store, a fairly hefty book costs $80 to ship to the UK, but then it is a 500 page hardback. I don't buy enough stuff over the Atlantic to know how sane that is.

It's loving insanely high.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The weird part to me when I visited is that because electric kettles are rare, so are hot water bottles. My loved ones are in Minneapolis. It's so cold in the winter. And yet I had to teach them about hot water bottles. I bought a drat kettle at Target.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Most of the kickstarters I've pledged in the last few years have done this and every time it ends with a gaggle of very vocal people flipping their poo poo around delivery time when shipping is due. A lot of people wanting full refunds right before shipment. I mean, I do feel bad for some people out of the country who are being asked to pay more in shipping than what they pledged, but come on. You are in Australia! This can't be new to you! I guess it's terminal FOMO poisoning, or just not reading the descriptions......

Yeah I feel like people ought to realise that might happen. I'm in the UK and I just don't back anything that has a physical component, because they can't tell me how much shipping will be, and I can't afford to leave that open-ended. It's too bad but it's important to be realistic.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

An author friend of mine is running his first RPG Kickstarter and I figured I'd plug it here since I think I'm the only goon in our immediate friends circle. He's been GMing TT games for me over the past 20 years and is, imo, a good writer but I'll just copy the opening pitch from his KS and let the goons to whom that sells wander on over of their own accord.

"What is Strange Hills? It's a No Dice, No Masters game about bad people who've done bad things.
People who were part of the ruling class in a tyrannical dictatorship. All that's over now, the entire world is dying, and they have to decide: will I be better now that it's all over? It's inspired by things like the Dark Sun campaign setting, the film Mad Max: Fury Road, and a lot of dark fantasy novels. It's a game about losing everything you have, and trying to redeem the one thing remaining, yourself.

Hi, I'm Jason Vanhee, and I'm a writer and gamer. I've been fussing around with tabletop roleplaying game creation for a few years now, but Strange Hills is the first big project that I feel really deserves a big audience.

At first I struggled to find a good system for it, but then I remembered Jay Dragon's absolutely brilliant Sleepaway and realized that a No Dice, No Masters game would work well. In those games you can collectively tell stories as a group, and Sleepaway had the darkness tinged with freshness and hope that I really wanted, so I knew it was possible. It turned out to be more than possible; I built a game I feel really leans into the No Dice, No Masters groove while still being mine."

This sounds ace, I'm in.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I haven't got this to the table yet but I ran character creation and created a thoughtful, scholarly otter doctor and he's everything to me now. Check this game out, folks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The character creation in Mutants is fantastic because it's just enough crunch to get me inspired with ideas, without being so much that it squashes the imagination.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

There's a link on the kickstarter homepage where you can email them with your thoughts, if you have a mind to do that. It won't matter but it is very funny. Guess I'm about to save a lot of money.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Found a Kickstarter that interests me and may interest some of you, on a solo wargaming discord.

Across a Thousand Dead Worlds

This is a scifi horror space exploration rpg with a book that exceeds 400 pages. You can play solo or with up to five players with or without a Game Master. The system uses a 1d20 with 20 being the target number for success.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775185920/across-a-thousand-dead-worlds?ref=project_link

After reading the preview I am very much down with this. Thanks for posting about it!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Also things like Rat People as a trope as Always Evil Mooks/Cannon Fodder is an inherently racist take as it implies all Rat People must be killed as they are incapable of Good.

It was a totally understandable point, which people lost their minds about the author dictating how they wanted their fantasy world to operate.

Any sane person would have been fine with it, cause who gives a gently caress, even if it was :words: to get to the point.

I really want a faction of Skaven who are not deeply evil, just really weird and intense about their mad-science plans to fly to the moon and eat it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

fallingdownjoe posted:

Going to share this as I haven't seen it mentioned and it looks right up my alley: Goblin Errands Link here

I've written and played my own game about goblins doing basic stuff and having adventures whilst doing it, but this seems to be a better version. Looking forward to running it with my normal group!

Thanks, I've thrown some money at this.

There's a one-euro tier where you can send him a picture of a goblin and he might stick it in the book, which feels like a cheeky way to get free art, but I don't hate it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mind MGMT Deluxe is getting a reprint. It'll be up on KS on the 8th Feb

Where has this immense demand come from? :thunk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAOhbIfV8qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhu5fIUee2Y

I can't quite tell if you're implying this is a bit dodgy or not.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

djfooboo posted:

For Small Creatures Such As We

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diamondblood/for-small-creatures-such-as-we

“Too Long; Didn't Read - For Small Creatures Such As We is a game where you are guided through the creation of alien species and then go on adventures with said aliens across the galaxy in a Firefly inspired "do jobs, get paid" game powered by playing cards.”

They had me hooked by a Sagan quote and reeled me in with playing card resolution mechanic and previous works accolades. Been a while since I backed such a small KS. Feels refreshing honestly.

Anna Blackwell is the writer (or one of the writers?) on this and her stuff is loving incredible. Apothecaria, Delve, Umbra - she's fantastic. And very pleasant to interact with.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

You can lay Hamlet if you want

Country matters eh?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Ever wanted to make your own tile sets, but lack the talent or time? Ever wanted to make your own assets for VTTs? Ever wanted to get into the business of making low effort NFTs virtual assets and selling them for mad cash? Have too much money, and need to get rid of it?

Have I got the Kickstarter for you! The maker of MapForge is making a tool for easy creation of the tiles themselves. These would be cool for solo gaming too. It's currently square based, but I'm campaigning for an addition of hex tiles support as well.

Disclosure: I am a backer but have no stake in the campaign other than I want it to succeed, because I would love to have something like this. If you are at all interested, please check it out and consider backing!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlegrounds/tileforge-software-to-batch-generate-mapping-tiles/comments

Ehh. I dunno about buying a license that can only be used on one computer at a time, and if you change computers you can move it, but you *cannot* use it on both your desktop and your laptop, say. That doesn't sound great.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The Kickstarter for Mutants in the Next is live... Now!

With Sophie Campbell and Fábio Fontes illustrating, Will Jobst editing, and creators like Crystal Fraiser, Darren M. A. Calvert, and Ewen Cluney lined up as stretch goals, take a look! Both Mutants in the Now and Mutants in the Next will be available as part of the Kickstarter, and there'll be furred fish, hellbenders, pro wrestling, and so much more. With the core established, I can start getting more wild with ideas, and I hope you'll join up.

gently caress yeah I'm in again. I could spend all day just rolling characters in this system, it's so fun.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Way back in the day Kieron Gillen told me in an email that he had a habit of eating hobbit corpses in Nethack. Since then he's gotten more and more famous and frankly it's time I spoke out.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just reading that post gave me full-on flashback memories of board games of my youth. drat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

gschmidl posted:

I used the same paper character sheet for well over a decade and (if I or my parents didn't throw it out 15 years ago, I don't know if it still exists) it would still be fine.

Apropos of very little this reminded me of the time I bought a huge job lot of Vampire Dark Ages books in SA Mart and the corebook had the goon's old character sheets in it. I can't remember whose it was but hey dude, if you sold me those and you want your sheets back, PM me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah it's cute. I'd buy one for a tenner probably if I were in the mood to spend on something silly.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

A friend who does watercolors recommended Princeton Snap synthetics to me, and they're absolutely fantastic, they're my real workhorse brushes now.

Oh thanks for this tip! I have family members on at me for Christmas ideas. Perfect.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jarvisi posted:

Paranoia RPG - The Perfect Edition, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/paranoia-rpg-the-perfect-edition?ref=android_project_share

Looks like a new paranoia edition! Not sure if I'll like it but I just want to send money to the devs for making a product I enjoy.

That just read like comedy poison. I backed the last disappointing Paranoia edition, I'm not doing it again. I'll cling to my hardback copy of Paranoia XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

There's a solo roleplaying thread! Slow moving but lots of good recommendations.