Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lemon-Lime posted:

Are you kidding? The FFG Star Wars rules don't work for Star Wars, which is already very swash-buckly.

Huh? The FFG Star Wars rules set is phenomenal and the best RPG system that Star Wars has ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Serf posted:

I love the FFG books for providing detailed information on the Star Wars universe that is better-presented than on Wookiepedia and the excellent art, but hoo boy is it a bad system for running an actual Star Wars game. The only good part of the system mechanically are the Destiny points.

I really could not disagree more. I've run several campaigns and had a blast in a very Star Wars-y fashion.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So jealous of the people that got painted minis...I'm poo poo at painting and would really prefer minis to the little meeples that come with the basic game

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Swagger Dagger posted:

The only notification I got was a mysterious e-mail from stamps.com that just said "Andrew Markham has sent you a package" and gave me a tracking number. I kinda thought it was Delta Green stuff until the book actually showed up.

Given the way the KS updates were written, I'm not sure that wasn't intentionally vague.

Oh is that what that email was about? I assumed it was spam, since I didn't recognize the name

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mugaaz posted:

Refund policy they have seems legit to me, so kind of hard to be mad at them imo.

Yeah, as stupid as their decision was, its nice that they're saying "Hey, and if you don't like this, we are ready and willing to refund you, no questions asked"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

From what I've heard, it's because the guy doing the shipping is apparently at GenCon.

It's just "a guy"? Not a fulfillment company of some kind?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Despite no update to my tracking number, I got my Burning Wheel Codex today.

And now I want to get a copy of the most recent printing of Gold to match it...the embossed cover is so nice.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Galaga Galaxian posted:

When was yours estimated to arrive? Mine was supposed to be here mid last week and there has been no activity on the tracking number.

I never had an estimate. My tracking number is still reported as "pre shipping info sent to USPS"

As far as that is concerned, my package hasn't even left yet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

NGDBSS posted:

The rest of this is still a raging dumpster fire of a project, of course. In addition to what's mentioned above, their "Risks and Challenges" section is comically arrogant in asserting that nope, nothing can go wrong.

They even imply that they've already ordered product. Have fun paying for it!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

neaden posted:

I mean, RPGs are a pretty cheap hobby and if five people buy this and play it for say 20 hours that's cheaper then getting the newest Call of Duty. Especially if you are a game designer I'd imagine you'd be happy to see a product like this take off.
Now this specific game seems bad at half the cost, but potentially I would consider buying a game for this much.

Its an interesting paradigm shift; explicitly marketing a game to a group to buy in together, rather than to a GM

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
True; deciding who owns the box-o-feelies would be trouble...ideally a surmountable one though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Peas and Rice posted:

Speaking of, every time I see GMS or James Wallis post on social media I have to restrain myself from snarking off about them finishing their Kickstarters.

I couldn't resist snarking about it on the FFG boards with the new edition of Baron Munchausen was announced

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I work at a grocery store and can confirm that at least in two states, food gets hit with sales tax. It's a lower percentage than non-food purchases though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Difference being that GMS keeps promising explicit release dates over and over and over and over and over again. All will no sign of actual progress being made.

That's a bit different than "hey, I'm leaving the internet because I've been literally doxxed"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

That's not the quartermaster, that's the gatekeeper!

There is no gatekeeper, only Zuul

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Mega Man Pixel Tactics just launched. Already a quarter of the way to the goal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LordAba posted:

They are over already!

From the look of the preview card I really hope they aren't getting rid of the icons on the abilities...

They mentioned during the livestream that there's some issues with capcom with mixing Mega Man and non-mega man art assets. That's why the card backs are new and don't match other Pixel Tactics products. So if they want to use ability icons, they'd have to make brand new ones, most likely using Capcom art assets, and then get each and every icon approved by the legal team.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LordAba posted:

Drat! That'll make things a bit harder to mix, but I guess it shouldn't be a big deal for teaching since you would either stick straight to normal tactics or megaman. Not that I've ever crossplayed two Pixel Tactic decks yet... I might have to try that this weekend.

I hope they have a Might Number 9 crossover except it would be years late and mediocre at best. :boom:

Opaque backed sleeves are your friend. Then you can mix Pixel Tactics Mega Man, Dominion, and Magic the Gathering in the same deck if you really wanted to.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The Mega Man Pixel Tactics Kickstarter just added a handful of social media locked stretch goal cards.

Just go Like their page to contribute to the unlocks!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

IncredibleIgloo posted:

My Son is a super huge Mega Man fan, so I backed this for him, kind of as a Holiday present, and so he can experience the, uh, wonders of Kickstarter. Is the game actually any good? I picked up some other actually released pixel tactics for him to learn first and have something on the actual present opening day.

Its biggest problem is that it can be incredibly swingy in terms of balance. But individual matches are over quick enough and the replay value is high enough that I've found that the occasional match where one side can curbstomp the other ends up more humorous than frustrating. A sort of "Wait, you can do what to all my units??" incredulousness rather than being overly frustrating.

Plus, generally speaking, the later sets are better balanced than the older ones, so the new Mega Man cards will probably be pretty well balanced against each other.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rad Valtar posted:

So if I back the Mega Man Pixel Tactics with the tier that just has 2 copies of the same cards are the two teams going to be too similar every time I play? I'm willing to bump up to get both the Red and blue packs but I'm wondering if it's needed right away?

There's plenty of play in one box, but two boxes are better. Plus you don't get stretch goal cards with only one box.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Peas and Rice posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Apparently Alas Vegas is done and in final layout right now.

I got briefly excited before I remembered that he just randomly refunded my pledge one day because I called him a scam artist after his 5th or 6th death in the family excuse.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rand Brittain posted:

Randomness has really stepped up its game.

Perhaps 'random' was not the right word. But I never asked for a refund; I just got the email saying I had gotten one.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I just got a Kickstarter message from Luke Crane about how some Burning Wheel Codices are having issues with chipping or fading cover inks. Its interesting that there's not a hint of wizard-speak anywhere in it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I've not had the chance to read it yet...but if Alas, Vegas is as good as everyone seems to be saying it is, I legit owe Mr. Wallis an apology.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cat Face Joe posted:

What was the issue with the delivery of Alas Vegas?

It missed its projected release date over and over and over again, with a never ending parade of various excuses from the author. It looked well on its way to becoming a sister project to Far West, but unlike that project, Wallis was apparently working on it the whole time.

Edit: Wallis also picked up a couple other projects to work in the meantime, leading some to think he was unfairly neglecting the thing he had gotten KS funds for.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just a FYI: Gareth Michael Skarka has one hour to deliver whatever he has done for Far West to backers, or he will miss his latest self-imposed deadline of New Years.

Depends on what time zone he's in

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The production samples for Megaman Pixel Tactics are looking good.

I will never unsee the fact that the left-hand bar on the box is the trim color of the character on Mega Man, white on the other two.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Red Metal posted:

he said he would release what he had completed by the end of 2016

guess what happened?

Not sure who the guy asking is, but he also called out the end-of-year promise:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game just posted an update; shipping from the printing facility is almost a month ahead of schedule!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Sex occasionally comes up in my tabletop games...but always in the abstract. Like "I want to try to seduce this NPC" or "our characters are a married couple that's gonna try to start a family" or whatever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Got my copy of the Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game in today. Man...Evil Hat's Dresden stuff is just so good! All those "Extra Art" stretch goals were really worth it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JazzFlight posted:

Psst!
Hey guys, the 2nd Printing of Gloomhaven's Kickstarter is up now:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven-second-printing

It has a tier for just the upgrades if you're a returning backer. I think I'll grab a copy of the heroes as standees as well to go with the original miniatures.

Well, I happen to be getting a bonus check next week. I think $115 of that is getting earmarked for Gloomhaven.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Mega Man Pixel Tactics has started shipping; a full 2 months ahead of schedule. Always nice to see a project beat it's own projections.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Apparently Jasco Games made an error when shipping out Megaman Pixel Tactics and sent out packages with the wrong name on them.

Sounds like they had Name and Address in separate columns and managed to get them offset. Not the worst problem, except for people who have things delivered to mailrooms or whatever instead of personal mailboxes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Baron Snow posted:

Didn't someone do a blank component box kickstarter before?

If I remember that project right, they were advertising it as some kind of "Emperor's New Clothes" gimmick and you had to be pure of heart to see the actual game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Google plus, actually. At the time (and maybe this is still true?) that's where a bunch of industry folk congregated.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lemon-Lime posted:

:rolleyes: Gender identity is a concept that was discovered in the 1960s.

Gender has been a concept for a LOT longer than that. We've got records from ancient Rome talking about people with nonbinary gender identities and the like.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

illectro posted:

Star Realms Frontiers has a few hours left - it passed the million dollar mark and unlocked all the stretch goals so if it looks like your thing everything is a known quantity.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1172937197/star-realms-frontiers?ref=user_menu

If I, hypothetically, wanted to get all of Star Realms, I'd need to get, what, the $65 Commander Tier, the $29 box addon, and then the $75 Galactic addon for all the old stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

illectro posted:

I guess... although a lot of the old stuff is available cheaper on Amazon.

Ooh, didn't think of that. I think I'll drop a $20 pledge now and see what I can get cheap from Amazon or my FLGS. Whatever I don't end up with from that I can Pledge Manager in later.

EDIT: I'm looking on Amazon, and I'm finding a lot of old stuff that's really close in price to the KS addon price, and probably not much better than the savings off that Galactic Bundle...

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 11, 2017