Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Arivia posted:

So the original 7th Sea didn't have sailing rules in the core rulebook? What?!

Despite the name it had nothing to do with seas and was about three musketeer action. There was basically no support for boats, no new world, nothing except for a short lived spinoff tcg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I stand corrected, since its been well over a decade since I last looked at the 7th Sea books.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Wow, thats...a difficult choice. I was really thinking about backing Darkest Night, but the shipping cost is pretty high (:japan:) and I was thinking that maybe I'd order it down the line once its released rather than paying now and waiting so long I might lose interest.

Sadly I'm not sure I really want to take the risk, so it looks like I might have to just let it pass. A shame since I love co-op games so much.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

malkav11 posted:

I wouldn't be. Victory Point are a very small operation that doesn't usually do a lot of third-party retail business. Their Amazon presence is direct sales from them, for example. The Kickstarters they've been doing recently (the first, Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition, just arrived at my door yesterday) actually present a significant step -up- in print run size, hence the viability of nicer production values than they've had in the past. I think they were just hoping they might get enough traction with Darkest Night 2E to actually get onto store shelves beyond stores that are backing the project and haven't.

Do they do something similar with their other games? I just realized they're the same ones who did Nemo's War, which was another game I was thinking about waiting until release to pick up.