Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I am guessing that all of those refs are unlicensed minis or something similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Anyone know anything about this 'Soul Drive' system?

This looks like someone's take on Shadowrun, but the visual design on all this is killer. They don't talk much about the system, though.

E: looks like it's class-based, tho

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 6, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Not since I chose not to purchase a hundred dollars worth of vaporware and hand-jacking-off statue

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The creator of Fragged Empire lives in Australia, so odds are any books there will be through a retailer rather than him.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Welp. That 65 tier is tempting.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I've honestly never seen a game that had mechanics quite like it. Combat is kind of like a dance when you reach a high enough skill level in a style to get access to most of its maneuvers, since you have to actually go through a chain to set up your best stuff.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Doom is actually tricky because the game doesn't really give a good sense of what an 'average' Doom is.

e: also, yeah, the setting isn't so hot, but the system is nicely portable.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Furries have deep pockets and tend not to be as focused on quality of representation as fact of representation.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The ghost bell is actually fairly important just as a reminder that murder ups the stakes (and heat) of anything you're doing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

For me the baroque setting is one of the draws. But then, I like meaty setting material, it's fun to read.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GNS theory has been bullshit from day one, hth

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

You know what really helps your case?

Getting this complaint and going 'no actually it was not just an oversight, THIS IS MY INTENDED VISION, gently caress OFF'

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay, so I'm gonna be the nice slightly less tired one and be patient:

1. Your tone is defensive, and people are responding to that. You're coming off as an rear end in a top hat, and nb, trans and other people whose identities you didn't know existed have, as a whole, become so frustrated and tired with that that they're not going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Frankly, they don't have to, because bigots and assholes use the façade of ignorance to gently caress with them pretty much all the time. You've hit on a nerve, possibly - even probably - by accident, and it being accidental doesn't mean the nerve's not raw and tender still.

2. You probably don't read the news much. If you really want to learn more, go watch the new Bill Nye show on Netflix, he does a whole episode on this and is a good dude.

3. As with all things that are outside your personal experience: listen to the people whose lives this is about, and if you don't know what's going on, don't try to speak authoritatively. It is best in these situations for the ignorant party to be polite, respectful and not flippant, even on a games subforum on a jokes website, because you can, as you've seen, step on a bomb very easily.

4. The idea that there are only two physical sexes is itself incorrect - intersex people have existed for millennia, to say nothing of other rare genetic conditions involving sex chromosomes. The idea of there only being two genders is woefully out of date and entirely untrue in a very, very large number of human cultures. That ours is slow in catching up is on us, more than anything else. If you know you're in the suburban white cultural bubble, when you run into concepts that seem foreign to you, take some time to read up on them, do some cursory research with Google, or ask politely and humbly, because speaking as another person raised in white middle class suburbia: we ain't been taught poo poo.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The really deep historical-fantasy games like Ars Magica and Pendragon tend to be pretty good about that stuff and also pretty willing to discuss the historic figures that demonstrate what women could and did do during the period and/or literature.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Does he have giant visible wang, and is it technicolor

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hm. Someone should probably contact the original artist and let them know, that poo poo is not okay.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

'Wow, you sure paid a lot of money for a plastic hand that can't even jack you off.'

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

A verbal agreement, huh

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

graventy posted:

All right I have been convinced.

Edit: Also the videogaming kickstarter thread is having a bit of a shitfit over the game's existence, so I feel like that needs to be supported.

Link?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

can't a man keep a shopping list

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm pretty sure the SenZar dudes deliberately puffed theirs up for laughs tho. I really wish I could find a copy of SenZar.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Munchkin's well can't be running dry, can it?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It being written by an actual insane person probably didn't help it, nor his many other writing commitments in that time (he oversaw the whole of Mage 20th Anniversary Edition).

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cavaliers of Mars launched - an Onyx Path game using an entirely new system and created and owned by Rose Bailey.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lemon-Lime posted:

How much of a badly broken mess is the Cavaliers system? Because I love planetary romance.

Put in a dollar temporarily to get access to the text and you can find out for yourself!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

If you don't have time to read a free game over the next 30 days, you probably don't want to buy it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Among other things: your stat for doing direct combat is also your primary HP pool, and is also the resource spent to boost rolls.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

In 14 languages, on 3 continents.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I loved 7th Sea, but there's a reason I didn't back 2e.

I mean, it wasn't cultural insensitivity, it was 'I don't want to support John Wick', but still.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

If Wick's really turned around, I might have to look into it. As long as it doesn't poo poo on first ed's versions needlessly, because I have an irrational soft spot for them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

alg posted:

Only 34 weeks until the Christian board game hits Kickstarter

http://deliverancethegame.com

that's an

unfortunate

name for it

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

...wait, they think Kicktraq is an accurate and predictive algorithm?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, yes, but it's also completely useless as a predictor in the early days of a campaign because, yes, that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Oh yeah, FFG is definitely totally dominating the "John Wick Samurai Game" conversation (and for good reason, it looks promising). Waiting for the release of the L5R LCG would have paid off better if they actually told you more about why you should case about Kuso other than "Remember John's Wicks Previous Samurai Game". FFG dropping the RPG Beta the same day had to be planned, and it definitely was a brutal move.

Might also help to have actually finished the first Kickstarter too. The books are coming along at a fantastic (if sometimes poorly proofread) rate, but I have a friend who is super salty that the world map isn't out yet because it was one of the things he was most interested in. It has also never been mentioned outside the mapmakers Twitter apparently.

Wait.

Kuso?

As in kusoge?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Haha, unfortunately it is actually Fuso.

Disappointing, John Wick had a tradition to maintain of adopting deeply insulting Japanese words as names.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

To be fair, Frank not doing it himself is probably smart after Dragonsfoot.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lord_Hambrose posted:

For being a pretty good character, Kokujin sure set that bar pretty high.

The Otaku family were there first.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mentzer is going to climb your table and plant a flag on your highest point.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That demon thing is Bart Simpson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Empyrea's dead, apparently.

Also, crowdfunding is circumventing the hobby for personal benefit.