Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Dulkor posted:

In his continuing efforts to illustrate just how inept most RPG kickstarters are, Kevin Crawford has put out free and deluxe (backer only) versions of Godbound's first release candidate.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4qCWY8UnLrcRGxjSmFqSWEyMk0&usp=drive_web

I was just about to comment on this myself.
I understand that Onyx Path was essentially working on making a crunchy RPG from (not quite) scratch, and Crawford is basically making a setting and a rules-lightish superpowers supplement for OSR games... but the handling of Godbound's kickstarter vs Exalted is pretty stunning.

I backed it, and I don't even like OSR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Helical Nightmares posted:

I like Crawford's settings even though they are bolted onto OSR. For me, doesn't detract from the books at all. His tables and takes on things are worth buying.

Yeah, for Godbound it helps that it's basically the least OSR-y OSR game. Aside from the fact that it uses DnD stats and names for stats, and that lower AC = better, it's basically entirely its own thing that just happens to also be usable with OSR stuff.
I kind of want to run a Godbound pantheon through one of those 'grimdark' OSR adventures just to see what happens.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Godbound Kickstarter: "Why should you trust me? Well, I am extremely good at kickstarters."
Me: "Pssh, that's pretty presumptuous, but it does look like he has a good track record."
Godbound Kickstarter: *delivers regular updates including reader feedback, becomes art-complete, has free small supplement, and an index, delivers months early*
Me: :aaa:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Unity RPG https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/215931791/unity-tabletop-rpg looks nice as a 4e-ish fantasy heartbreaker and just got funded. Has another 30 days for stretch goals.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The Gubat Banwa team put together a really cool visual design doc for other creators and their illustrators and I think it's actually a really cool way to get sold on the setting and introduce it to other players. Basically a bunch of pics along with descriptions of the fictional cultures they're inspiring.