Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

bandaid.friend posted:

This card game has the weird art and tons of colour I love
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imphouse/savage-planet-the-fate-of-fantos

I'm guilty of having bought boardgames without knowing anything about them, just because the box was cool

"Zodraz" is a bit too on the nose for me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

At least two people have said they're quitting games writing as a direct result of my kickstarter and I guess I wish I'd known I had this power a long time ago.

...aaaand backed.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Covok posted:

I mean, when you can't do something, hire someone who can, right?

You gotta remember, Dunning-Kruger is a bitch.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

International orc reporting in to say...

...oh. Oh no. :ohdear:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

So, this week a kickstarter for what seemed like a decent little card game - not some huge miniature-fest - seemed to be on track to funding in just a few days.

So the creator cancelled it at 93%

The project was clearly going to fund, but since the actual goal was to fund at like 1000% with a bunch of secret stretch goals like their last few projects, they pulled it.

I'm really not sure I like this intentional shifting goalposts style of project management.

Did the project really not kick off because of bad timing, or is the market just that drat saturated right now?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

potatocubed posted:

Thanks for your support!

...aaand looks like Sunlands is funded!

People will be begging for stretch goals next!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

So the (successful) Radlands project has been hidden due to a copyright dispute!

Was it that guy from before with the convincing argument of "the CGA palette and one letter removed from a common term make this my original idea do not steal*"?

*"What, gameplay and assets, what are those?"

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

For some reason I feel the art on Marvel Dice Throne is a bit lackluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Munchkin is a fine game to play exactly once. You laugh at all the jokes, get amused at the endgame logjam, then realize that's how every game must end and so never play it again.

A friend of mine went all in on Munchkin becasue he loved it. Got all the exapansions, urged us to play it at games night with massive stacks of cards, etc, etc.

We humoured him a few times, but it became pretty clear to anyone not in denial about their investment that the game simply wasn't any fun after you'd played it all of... once.