Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

Ctrl+Alt+Del is a fun and always humorous comic that features the world of gaming.
Uh huh.

e: Failed Kickstarters are often harder on the man than the woman.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm seeing on the KS page, isn't this just Munchkin?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man I miss the old CAD Mock threads. Those were fun. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

The funding will go towards supplies, artists, writers, legal papers, etc.
Yikes. Talk about putting the cart before the brahmin.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 5, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

He's planning on using d20 because of course he loving is.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

...people read their RPGs? :confused:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:byodood: PENCIL DRAWN RPG LITE BOARD GAME. SPACE CHASE. DIE ROLLING LIGHT READING FUN COMEDY DARK FUN ACTION. PICK YOUR CHARACTER RACE IN SPACE :byodood:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DurdleDuck posted:

Multiple goons may have been harmed in the making of this Kickstarter. I definitely worked some ungodly hours, but we've been more than 150% funded in a day (hit our goal in the first 7 hours!), so it's all worth it??

http://tinyurl.com/jh7xfx9

The base game is a sweet easy-to-learn deckbuilding game for up to 4 people. The expansions add RPG elements - they are not necessary, but they add a different dimension to the game that you might or might not enjoy. Thanks for taking a look and keeping this goon employed!
You know, while I love Star Realms and Epic, I have to say this KS left me kinda cold. At PAX East one of the guys there said Hero Realms was going to be like Star Realms, but going in a different direction, which is cool, but I don't like that the base game is just Star Realms with a paint job and you have to start shelling out for the expansions to actually make it different.

Is there any chance we'll see how the expansions actually change the base game?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DurdleDuck posted:

As for the base game being Star Realms with a paint job: the number one complaint about Epic was that it *wasn't* just Star Realms with a paint job :(
Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense; Epic was presented from day one as a different style of game.

e: I mean, I've never been a fan of the whole "let's remake the exact same game but with a different theme" thing anyway so I guess I'm the wrong person to try and understand that.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 14, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DurdleDuck posted:

I feel you on the whole remake thing though. It apparently does work for a whole lot of people :shrug:
Don't get me started on the OSR.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Something something Far West something something
Last promise for Chapter 9 was "early June". Just to keep everyone in the loop.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Again: almost 5 years now to write a game that's classless d20 with Fate's aspects bolted on.

e: although really the mechanical side of things was completed a while ago because he sent it out to backers. And the setting stuff was written by someone else ages ago. We've been waiting on Chapter 9, which is the GMing advice chapter, for over 300 days now.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 14, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Does anyone know anything about this Nove Cry game? Apparently it's a second printing because the first one wasn't available at retail, and it looks like a pretty decent 4x-ish style game.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

It looked pretty interesting until I saw that Discovery Table and did a giant "nope." It ranges from losing crew (strictly bad) to getting VP (strictly good) on an equal distribution scale, which means that you either get hosed or get good poo poo with about equal probability. Shame, since I liked the idea of having your ship represented by crew, captain and ship itself.
Yeah, that struck me as odd too. Like, it doesn't fit the rest of the game as presented.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlefieldpress/ninja-high-school-the-anime-and-manga-role-playing

I don't know which is funnier: the fact that they're doing a Ninja High School RPG or the fact that they're using the d6 system.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Arivia posted:

As someone who isn't familiar with random lovely anime things, how popular is Ninja High School? Is it any good? Has anyone ever actually heard about it? Or is this like Ken Penders writing an RPG?
It was a pretty major thing 30 years ago when it first came out and anime wasn't anywhere near as prevalent as it is nowadays (we called it "Japanimation" and you either had to get bootlegs or pay $50 for a VHS tape at Suncoast Video).

I am legitimately amazed that it's apparently still going.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm amazed anyone gave him money again after Always:Never:Now. A year and change of silence waiting for what turned out to be a 32-page game.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Don't know if this was mentioned, but there's a KS going on for Dreadball 2nd Edition. I don't know how good the game is but I guess the first edition was popular?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, there's not even a Guild Ball league around here, let alone a Dreadball one.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Looks like now there's an official Evil Dead 2 board game. I'm guessing this one's going to do well solely because of the official Ash minis and dice bag if nothing else.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just got around to watching the video for Evil Dead 2; looks like there's player elimination. So that sucks.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Inkwell ideas is kickstarting A new version of Hexographer. The pledge levels seem kinda weird, though; You can get Hexographer 2 for $35 as a pledge level, or go get a Hexographer license now and pledge for the upgrade.

It's worth pointing out that Hexographer is currently half off at their webstore, so even if you don't want to pledge it's probably worth getting the base software at $16.

http://inkwellideas.com/store/hexographer/

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't believe I have a copy of Nocturne in my virtual hands. Congrats, Doc!

That Old Tree posted:

I'm sure he learned his lesson the last dozen times and will not put forward even the faintest hint of a release date, just like the last six times he definitely didn't do that.

PS Keep an eye on the comments sections or Google+ or Twitter for more than a faint hint of a release date.
GMS has pretty much said he's not doing release dates anymore. I'll be a year this Friday of just waiting on Chapter 9, for gently caress's sake.

Really, the best thing he can do at this point is to just hand off the project to someone else and let them finish it up. We know it's mostly done, because the first 8 chapters went out ages ago and the setting was written by someone else. But (going by the RPGG thread) this Friday marks the one-year anniversary of Gareth promising one chapter on GMing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dammit, the shipping info on my copy has been stuck on "pre-shipping info sent to USPS" for a week now. :argh:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

From what I've heard, it's because the guy doing the shipping is apparently at GenCon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This seems...overambitious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Have any of these "lol let's be terrible" CAH-wannabes ever actually funded?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sometimes I wish I wasn't as moral as I was, so I could create games like this and sell them to morons guilt-free. I imagine the profit margin is pretty high (assuming you can actually produce the drat thing).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Haha Mech Command just released the rules to the game two days ago. i.e., with four days left and hundreds of people already jumping ship. Good timing, guys!

e: Oh man, it's not even a PDF. It's just a gdoc.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

IT HAS BEGUN.

Christ, already $46 grand.

I love how I look at their list of "unique" sample characters, and realize how easily I could make those characters in a couple of other systems.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cerepol posted:

So hopefully these won't be small books.
Curious what these cards are supposed to be.
Going by the parts list, there's a "Sooth Deck" (60 cards) used to inspire GMs and players, a "Spell Deck" (200 cards), an "Empemera Deck" (300 cards) for the other spells, and an "Artifact Deck" (100 cards). Oh, there's also a playing board and 100 tokens used to track poo poo.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

The sad thing is, it's triggering my "collect this beautiful, unplayable roleplaying object" urge, but two hundo is a lot to ask even for that giant box of feelies. That stupid hand statue, though!
The best part is that the hand statue apparently has an in-game use. It holds one of the "Sooth Cards" so everyone can see it during play.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

In the latest :psyduck: news regarding the Mekton KS, they've purchased their own POD setup to send out the books... next thing they're going to reveal they've built their own cloud storage solution to deliver the PDFs at this rate.
That reminds me of when what's-his-name from the Traveller KS didn't have digital rewards at first, because he didn't think it'd be practical to have to burn hundreds of CDs to mail out to all the backers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shanna Germain confirmed over on G+ that there isn't going to be a digital version at all. Which isn't surprising, but is still stupid for a game that has "you can play with people anywhere anywhen" as a major selling point.

https://plus.google.com/+ShannaGermain/posts/hveLaRgyyZb

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

LatwPIAT posted:

What are they? I couldn't find them when I looked for them on the Kickstarter page.
They're right after the initial "do you want an RPG that's as creative as you are?" paragraph, so I don't blame you for missing it while your eyes were rolling.

quote:

Lorcan made a gun out of demon which fires bullets that only harm possessed people. On his quest to discover the long-forgotten (and perhaps forbidden) number between 12 and 13, the weapon is proving useful as the Enemies of Sleep appear determined to stop him.

Duri’s face is normally a blur of swirling spiritforms, but occasionally she can make one of them manifest, and she gains its appearance and memories. If she risks keeping the new face too long, however, she can lose her identity.

Thom is dead, but he doesn’t let that deter him. While he knows how to restore his life, he chooses not to, because the advantages of being a wraith are many. Of course, he occasionally has issues with not existing.

Rodir has connections all over the city, and she holds a collection of wicked keys that allow her to solve (unlock) any problem (lock) by just creating a keyhole to insert a key, turn it, and see what happens. People don’t appreciate it when she does this to them, but that’s what they get for being in her way.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

If you're a dice fan, PolyHero have their second set up, this time a wizard theme

I saw someone on reddit say that the first set was pretty crap; very light, cheap plastic so they don't roll well. I mean, if you're going for these you're probably more interested in them from a novelty/aesthetic standpoint, but still.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

four-page character tome a player uses to record all their information
Good loving lord.

That "the seventh of their seven secrets is that they have more than seven secrets" is such 90's pseudomystical Gaiman/Morrison wannabe wank I cannot, as the kids say, even.

The whole "I'm a bibbity boppity that boos" thing is one of those concepts that sounds good at first, but in practice just means you're only good at one thing ever.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh goddammit I just got that. Now I hate this stupid thing even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mutant Manual is a "poly-system" RPG sourcebook, that will apparently have rules for Fate, Savage Worlds, Pathfinder Modern, Entropic Gaming System (whatever that is), and "Dr. Nik’s Happy Fun FUDGE".

Pledge rewards include "random images from the book".