Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

In his continuing efforts to illustrate just how inept most RPG kickstarters are, Kevin Crawford has put out free and deluxe (backer only) versions of Godbound's first release candidate.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4qCWY8UnLrcRGxjSmFqSWEyMk0&usp=drive_web

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I'm a huge Armored Core fan, but holy poo poo am I glad I didn't try to back this. It was already weird enough looking at the gameplay snippets in the video (which looked like they'd devolve into 'I got you!' 'Nuh uh I got you!' BS in a hurry out in the wild, but who knows), but this just speaks volumes towards inexperience and general lack of business sense.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Because nothing says you're a hard core Rock & Roller like sitting around a table playing a board game!

It's only a few steps below reading Tolkien!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Jedit posted:

Apparently it's come out that Bad Crow do not in fact have a sealed deal to use the Armoured Core IP.

Yeeeep. From their latest update:

quote:

FROM STATEMENT

We are waiting on the final edits with FROM Software on the mutual statement and will publish it as soon as it is finalized. In summary, it will state that we developed the game with the encouragement of the licensor; that the contract was not finalized before launching the campaign; that the licensors were working with us during the campaign to find a way to complete the agreement; that the complexities in the overlap of the IP by the licensors created confusion as to what parts of the IP we were able to utilize; and that there was misunderstanding as to the degree of approval required on each individual component, particularly the one’s not fully developed that would make up the stretch rewards.

God this one is cascading into a dumpster fire, there's even another part of the update that says they're considering an outright cancellation and later relaunch (which frankly they probably should have done the minute they walked back on the license).

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Giga-Robo having the playable online version and rules pdf pretty much secured my backing. Hope the manufacturing goes well.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

mike12345 posted:

Oh my god a naked body! What has the world come to. loving pervs.

You americans are really the prudest bunch of weirdos.

This conversation has come up incredibly often, so here's the short version.

Boobs are fine and good. Having to put boobs in every situation including tabletop gaming and miniatures starts to get skeevy in a hurry, particularly if the goon in question is planning to put those titty miniatures out in public display or onto a table with folks who just want to game and not look at titty minis. Prudishness really has nothing to do with it so much as context.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I can definitely see how enthusiasm can shrink when there isn't as much free poo poo getting thrown in, but I've also seen plenty of kickstarters get burned in their retail launch when there was nothing worth stocking after the backers got their kit. Wonder if shop owners are happier about this method or not.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Very true. I might ask around some of the local shops to see if they plan to support it or not. At this point I'm in for a commander pledge anyway just for a painting project, just have to decide if I want insane cultists or steampunk Wakanda.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Considering the success of the Kickstarter that shall not be named, I'm leaning towards the average minis backer having a 'gently caress you got mine' mindset when it comes to retailers and Kickstarter.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

cyberia posted:

I hope one of the stretch goals for this kickstarter is to make the art not-anime.

Nah, it's L99 at the end of the day. Good games hidden behind animu art and terribly formatted rule books is their running MO. :v:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Sold. Legacy's concept is aimed so squarely at me and my interests I'm surprised I can't find a red dot anywhere.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

alg posted:

Is my math right that a core book through this is over 70 dollars? Just doesn't seem like it's worth picking up through this Kickstarter, even if it's a great game.

There are two tiers, the premium color print is 75 with shipping and the standard color with shipping is 55.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Sounds like someone involved with Tachyon Squad played Warbirds, that's pretty similar to how a mass dogfight played out in that system.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Spire is definitely less interested in the mechanical impacts of influencing the city, though I actually don't mind that approach given it also explicitly ties mechanical character progression to causing various degrees of narrative tilt in the city as a whole, and also is working from a frame of reference of the cause being inherently somewhat doomed and almost guaranteed to end badly for any single cell of the Ministry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I’ve also thrown in for the refund list on Kamigakari though I doubt anything will actually come from it. Oh friggin well.