Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Bieeanshee posted:

Social interactions are shaped by a TOLERANCE AND PREJUDICE system. We want you to feel like your character belongs to this harsh era, so they'll start flawed and prejudiced, but the upgrade of the Tolerance skill can be used to create a natural arc away from bigotry.

For one skill point I’ll be less racist... for five skill points I’ll be extremely less racist...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Panic at the Dojo is almost a year late, with no update since Sept.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I played it. Not a bad dungeon basher.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Bring back VCR gaming.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah I had to make a No Full Duelists rule.

Does the asia supplement fix this?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rosscowman/bff-the-rpg-of-girlhood-friendship-and-adventure/description BFF is amazing looking. Wow wow wow.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I ran a session of BFF today and it was oddly sweet. This would be a great First RPG for people of any age from 9 to their mid 40s probably.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Deets? I'm interested, but I'd appreciate knowing more about how this plays and if it has value for more experienced gamers. (I like HotD's other stuff, although I've never actually managed to get anyone to play them with me, so maybe that should be a sign not to blow $50 on another Neat Thing...)

It’s not going to give you a tactical experience by any means! Watch the actual play for rules explainer. It’s only good if you want to play in that kind of setting.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

BFF is going to make its goal. Cortex plus is delayed. I still await cartel, but they said June, so they’re not late.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Backed Spectaculars. Very very curious about the modularity. Dusk City required fudging to make combat faster, but the SH genre thrives on it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

TG kickstarter thread 3: Shut up and take my honey

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Is BFF DOA?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rosscowman/bff-the-rpg-of-girlhood-friendship-and-adventure

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

BFF is complete. Along with Sassoon files. Every game is giving early February updates at Sam’s.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Who would’ve guessed that cartel is late? I mean, anyone who knew it was a magpie game. How long does it take to put 90 extraneous cabròns into a rulebook?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Comrades is all about rebellion and infighting. Best classes I've seen in ages.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Desiden posted:

Years ago I ran a short dark comedy Star Wars campaign about senior bureaucrats in the Empire having to figure out how to actually fund and manage the Sith's batshit impractical superweapons and terrible administrative decisions, all while not getting force choked when Vader's in a mood. If there's not a hack for this to do that, I'm making one.

Feels like paranoia high programmers.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Bucnasti posted:

Monkey Fun is doing a new Kickstarter.

"It's a Nordic Horror story game inspired by dark Scandinavian dramas like "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", coupled with isolation horror such as "The Thing", and "Thirty Days of Night".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monkeyfunstudios/a-town-called-malice-a-nordic-horror-story-game

Everything Dave does is great and I am excited for a less comedic product.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

90% of Defy was just DEX anyway. Unless it’s magic in which case you could argue that it’s your wisdom or intelligence, whichever is higher.

I like how the upcoming Zorro D6 game put stealth under perception.
Spirit of 77 has taken a hit or get out-of-the-way, which limits it to plus hustle or plus might (which is a combination strength/toughness stat). If the players need another type of avoid danger, I generally just make them roll plus soul, because otherwise it’s a bit of a dump stat.

Act under pressure is better than defy danger because it’s single stat. Some people are really good at it (like the Haycon in cartel or the battlebabe in apocalypse world), other people have to choose: sacrifice other things, or be bad when the chips are down.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Hopefully people will rally around this. Patreon had a very clear answer “we are ripping you off!” Scandal last year, hopefully the besides the scenes nature kick starter and the union aspect won’t make people turn away.
Imagine the drama to amp up considerably if critical role steps in.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The root game feels like a boardgame in a very bland way. There seem to be more rules dedicated to how to replicate the board game at your table, in terms of clearings and paths, then anything else.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Have a contract and have a good lawyer. Anything else in freelancing is going to get you bad.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I won’t believe that Mark helped write it until they add 38 unneeded instances of the word Cabrón.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If you post that on the magpie games forum, they will definitely see it because nobody uses those forums :-). Better than getting lost in the 300 existing comments on the kickstarter.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Zorro D6 came out this week in PDF form, it’s beautifully written and illustrated but could use more examples of how the game is actually played.
It does something interesting by putting a one-page adventure seed after different setting stuff, so you’re constantly thinking of how to put things on the table.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’m super excited, he relicensed some of my stuff from first edition including a new playbook.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Cartel. Slow even by magpie games standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

That sounds awesome. Let us know again when it’s visible.