Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Can I choose between a +1 on rolls for swimming in rivers OR oceans but not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Zweihander, a WHFRP 1e retroclone: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg

I've never played WHFRP but I am kind of interested. I'd thrown in a few bucks but the $20 tier is an art free early access pdf rather than the full deal most kick starters do at that price.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
He posted a thread on Reddit so I dropped him a comment on the tiers, hopefully enough people will draw attention to it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Zweihander added a $25 tier which includes the full PDF of the final version so I'm willing to give them a shot

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Those are some of the worst puns I've ever seen.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It's the extra syllables they've added it so they don't even fit with the tune anymore. I don't even like classic rock and this Kickstarter is making me real mad

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
What a time to be alive where you can sign up for loot crates of everything from "tactical tier one operator gear" to nerd junk to steam games. And to think it all started on these very forums with plastic vampire teeth

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I think my favorite part is this bit from his bio: "...(having been ranked #1 in the nation in inter-college debate)" yet he wants to rag on sociology majors in the reward tiers

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
No lorcan, you are the demons

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That looks needlessly complex, especially considering the property it's based on.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I feel like they should have gone adventure game for 7th sea. Or a less ambitious, traditional turn based rpg, and just focus on building up the world and lore instead. Because this isn't looking too hot.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Cool idea but I want a crunchy MASH rpg where I can start with three levels in klinger then grab a one level hawkeye dip to qualify for the trapper prestige class

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

DalaranJ posted:

I can't wait for this game's exhaustive explanation of the difference between an island and an islet.

One feat with a plus two to swim checks in oceans and another with a plus two to swim checks in rivers

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
So I can only feel the orchestral soundtrack? I can't listen to it?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Why keep it on one world? Take this poo poo Spelljammer style

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

There's an Kickstarter up for a Powder Mage Roleplaying Game, based on a popular fantasy book series that takes more from Colonial America than medieval Europe. It uses Savage Worlds.

I'm gonna throw down for the PDF. The setting is more (somewhat eastern) European flavored than America; the genre is usually described as flintlock fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I'm surprised more don't succeed. Seems like the creators of these games could post them in r/trump and insta fund. Luckily these idiots are as bad at advertising as they are at making games and not being assholes.