Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

quote:

Syystem is a game system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Either way it's going to be years late and people are going to be (justifiably) angry as gently caress. If delaying the KS a little more to change the system would make him feel better about it I say go for it.

:getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

quote:

REFUND POLICY
If you'd like a refund before your item is produced, you have until one week before the scheduled manufacturing production date to request one.
We will inform you about the definitive starting date of production in our website (https://www.alterego-games.com).
We can send you back 90% of the amount since Kickstarter retains about 10% of your pledge for various fees. Please consider we are always happy to replace or exchange it if needed. If a refund is preferred and there is no defect with the product, you'll be responsible for shipping it back to us. Upon receipt of the returned item, we'll issue you a 90% refund. Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the date the item was delivered to you.

This isn't going to stop anyone getting a chargeback whenever they want, is it?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I felt a little bad for the guy because the comments are mostly people who backed to savage the KS, but:

quote:

Some of the other drawings may look crude to the untrained eye, but were done professionally for the purposes of video rendering, which you will only get to see if we reach our funding goal. This is a kickstart for serious investors ,

quote:

NullPunkt. you remind me of the bullies I used to know in school, and you speak about the same, if you want to be my editor I’m not going to pay you because I don’t like your attitude. You display your ignorance like a peacock. I’m not publishing the comment section you moron, and all it would have taken to correct the script was to say that in th first place. You obviously have some mental aggression issues that would be better taken out in person, and really you should try it sometime, stick your finger in an electric socket, and make the world. A better place “Good times.” Go back to high school and graduate football please...

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

potatocubed posted:

I think Ettin did some research a while back and discovered that there had been at least one Cthulhu-themed Kickstarter running at every point for the past five years or so.

Here it is! (It only covers a 3-year period and I haven't kept it updated, though.) "Cthulhu-themed" includes poo poo like children's books and sports wear (?) and a rubber duck (??) so I think eventually you will be able to have an entire Cthulhu-themed house if you backed enough projects.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
The best Lovecraftian games are the ones that take the premise and try to do something new with it, like Delta Green or The Laundry or CthulhuTech.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Sounds like a great time to quit posting about Zak.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

1. "CisHet lesbian?" Like, "PCs will assume she's hetero but she's not," or like "the person who wrote this isn't 100% clear on what 'cishet' means and using it as synonymous for 'normal'?" I'm guessing the latter.

According to the video, "Surface" is what other people assume they are based on surface readings/typical biases while Story is what they truly are. It's an interesting idea, though I'm not sure how I feel about "spree shooting fantasies" :eyepop:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I have a lot of thoughts but my main feedback is that there's already an RPG called The Void :ssh:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin posted:

Sounds like a great time to quit posting about Zak.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

I backed Breakfast Cult at a high level. :v:

:argh:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

potatocubed posted:

Hello!

I just posted another Kickstarter: Tales of the Talking Skeletons!

It's an anthology of adventures for Dungeon World, each featuring at least one talking skeleton. I've rounded up authors with as many distinct perspectives as I could find -- the resulting collection should have something for everyone, provided the everyone in question likes talking skeletons.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and self-promote everywhere I can think of. Maybe squeeze in some mild panic before bed.

I'm one of the stretch goals so this is a pretty good deal if you ask me :getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Americana chat is fine but please be nicer to each other while having it. Thanks folks :shobon:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
That is a question better suited to PM or QCS :v:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Jedit posted:

Given that the wild card shows all the different kinds of robot but is called "LGBTQIA+", I would wager money that the game was originally called "Queer Apocalypse" or some such and the players were competing to turn the most people gay.

None of the action cards shown are robot-related. Someone's got issues :staredog:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hell, I think some people would back on the strength of that art alone. That's gonna be one good looking book.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kickstarter is doing Zine Quest, a month where they encourage people to crowdfund some old-school RPG zines. A good time to get your zine on :toot:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

xiw posted:

I know nothing about this KS but that's a pretty good excuse for lateness:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918458549/the-sassoon-files/posts/2455655

The guy in that video is Eos Press' Jesse Covner, who I imagine knows a lot about people getting screwed over in China.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Finally finished the Retrocausality Kickstarter! I originally made this for a Trad Games design contest so I'm pretty stoked to see it out in the world, looking all professional. Print version should be out soon to wrap things up :toot:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Holy poo poo, the crazy kid-beating wife-abusing dude who made the insanely amateurish Game of Thrones Card Game Kickstarter got his project shut down, THEN started the same project up on Indiegogo, THEN started another one on Kickstarter and is pretending to have nothing to do with the previous ones.

He registered both accounts under the same name :master:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hey folks! I'm Kickstarting Hard Wired Island, a retrofuture cyberpunk game.

quote:

In the distant future of 2020, mankind has settled space.

A meteorite struck Earth's northern hemisphere in 1996. The Impact caused widespread environmental damage the world has yet to fully recover from, but it supercharged public interest in space exploration. Around the world, new political unions that formed to fix the damage of the Impact poured money into space programs.

The result is Grand Cross, an O'Neill cylinder in the Earth-Moon L5 point.

Grand Cross is a cosmopolitan gateway to the stars, a launching point for missions to Mars and beyond, and a beacon of hope for its people. But behind the scenes, a war is being waged for its soul.

An alliance of space-based corporations known as the Offworld Cartel has moved in. They sell space exploration as a shared dream they strive for with everyone else, but their true aim is control of Grand Cross and, through it, the future of space settlement. As their influence spreads, so does inequality and crime.

The Cartel has convinced the current US-backed government to sell off many of the systems that keep Grand Cross running, and now it's slowly falling apart. Behind the scenes, they have even more underhanded schemes running in secret. If the next station election goes their way, they'll be on their way to becoming the landlords of human space...

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Fixed, thank you :toot:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Oh, and since it hasn't been posted lately, Hard Wired Island only has a day to go:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

New Fragged Empires kickstarter is up for three expansions for the main game, Fragged Aeternum, and Fragged Empires. $31 for all three in PDF and it looks like a ton of overall content.

I wrote a bunch of stuff for the Greyburgh Market book so I can confirm that one's really good :toot:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Am I the only one skeeved out by them calling quickstart rules "BESM Naked" and using the same cover art only with the characters in their underwear?

This is incredibly funny to me because it's meant to be a "gateway product" for people new to RPGs. Imagine having a friend tell you he's going to introduce you to role-playing games and he pulls this out :frogsiren:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

So they've unlocked Roll20 support for 2nd Ed Fiasco as a stretch goal. Every backer gets it for free.

Their campaign page should probably have a section on stretch goals if they're doing them. I had to search the updates for details :negative:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

It was about as major as was possible for them, but their policy is to not hold on to much sensitive stuff and their practices were decent (bcrypt), so without knowing how the attacker compromised them it’s hard to say how bad a sign it is.

Sounds like it could be a... :parrot:fiasco:parrot:

:frogc00l:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

This is a really bad place to be having this discussion, as others have pointed out. Everything is obviously still really raw and nothing is going to be resolved here. This is not where or how you're going to explain her actions, presuming that's what you're going for.

It's probably best to chill for awhile, wait until your friend gets home, and work out what the proper next step in dealing with this is.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Good morning! The thread is open again. Please try to keep things chill in here.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

That Old Tree posted:

I am highly skeptical of this approach.

Not backing this, but I'm kind of into the idea of landscape PDFs. More RPGs should fit neatly onto my screen :colbert:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

inklesspen posted:

I do not think “fungus Slenderman” is a thing that needed to exist.

sounds like a fun guy though

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I don't check KS update emails a lot so I've only just noticed that the ADOM KS folded. The creator is open and honest about why and is issuing refunds though (just got mine :toot:) so there's that. Shame it didn't happen, but out of all the failed Kickstarters I've backed I like this one the most.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
You'd make a lot more money if you named it Monster Girl Squad :eng101:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Bruxism posted:

Man, this is my complaint as well. I am actually really interested in Jaquays' modules and like to support GG kickstarters, but wtf am I supposed to do with this:

Hopefully they release it on PDF or in a smaller run later.

This looks like a prop I would peer at my players over as a bit. I love it.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Love what I have seen of the game so far, so hopefully this isn't a warning for Dire problems.

We're fine, I just wanted to get some extra art and the anime sponsor message thing sounded fun :getin:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Is it too late to purchase a hardcover copy of Hardwire Island? Second hand aside, of course.

We'll be selling copies after the launch!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

MK159 posted:

The SCP RPG seems to be a second edition of the CreepyPasta RPG written by the same people, based on the blurry character sheet posted on the Kickstarter page. It's a pretty rough game in that form, with things like three simultaneous skill growth systems, and in terms of how it's tuned so characters pretty much are doomed to go insane in a session or two, or die almost instantly in a fight. It also has an essay about how you're running the game wrong if you're not basically loving with players for trying to solve your mystery. The drama cards are a new wrinkle, though, I guess to represent that SCP agents are supposed to be more competent than random teenagers with youtube channels. I can't see it being a good fit, though.

So I was curious and I looked into the Drama Card thing. Their DTRPG publisher page includes a sci-fi game called Spaceship Architect that also uses Drama Cards, and it has a Facebook page where previews of the cards were posted. They just say poo poo like this:

quote:

• You may reroll any one roll.
  • You may immediately change or rewrite your character's backstory in some way that could affect the current storyline.
  • You may purchase any standard item instantly, as if you've had it this whole time.
  • Play this card after the GM says you can't take an action due to metagame. Your character does this action anyway.
  • Suddenly there is a very loud noise or commotion that grabs everyones [sic] attention. GM describes this event.
  • Suddenly you find an alternate route through a wall or vent.

Which kind of seems like Fate Points with cards to me. I didn't pick up the final game though, because the layout is genuinely difficult to read (huge, unedited paragraphs of text in a cramped all-caps font, white on a black page) and I wasn't going to back this anyway.

I like the core concept of this KS, but the more I actually look into it the less I want it. So it's definitely an SCP thing at least :sax:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Frozen Peach posted:

Do people actually watch Kickstarter videos? We're working on the one for my upcoming game and I'm super excited about it, but I can't help but wonder how many eyes it's going to have.

Checking the dashboard for the Hard Wired Island KS: the video was played 3,158 times, 36.83% (1163 times) all the way to the end. I don't know how many of those converted into pledges, but it definitely didn't hurt.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Funding's been cancelled by the way, with people in the comments unclear as to why and the discord apparently having been taken down.

Some of the newer comments are alleging that a few big backers were pressuring the creator to sign over his business to them and spammed reports to shut the KS down when he refused. Don't know if you can get a KS taken down that way but :dogstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Putting "cancel culture" under Risks and Challenges is some excellent grift :discourse: