Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I've never heard of it, but apparently Battlelords of the 23rd century is getting a new edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

So this is technically a video game, but very TG. A Doomtroopers Digital CCG.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Part of me wants to back Seven Worlds for Savage Worlds, beacuse I love hard scifi. On the other hand, I am generally skeptical of splashing a setting on Savage Worlds and calling it good.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Majimonsters, the not-Pokémon rpg, is funding its first expansion. One Shot Podcast just started a short playthough, if you want to see it played. I don't know how to compares to the assortment of free rpgs that actually do do Pokémon, though.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

So I am very much down for this: Dragons Conquer America, from the folks that brought us Faith the RPG, comes Dragons riding Spaniards against dragon worshipping Aztecs. They have an awesome, free starter set too, if you want to check it out first.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

drat, that's a bad one on my part. Yeah, needs a hyphen there: dragon-riding Spaniards. Still cool though.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I really can't decide what I think about Maurader Task Force RPG. On one hand, it looks like it wouldn't work as a RPG; it would basically just be a coop wargame or something, unless they have noncombat rules, right? On the other hand, it's kind of cute. Like, finding a way to play with the action figures of your childhood.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition kickstarter is up.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I really like the art for Capharnaum, cause I love me some Arabian Nights. Hopefully it's good.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

There's been a lot of punk RPGs on Kickstarter (for obvious reasons), but Stigmata: This Signal Kills Fascists seems really cool. I love the art style, and the balancing act of superhero and revolutionary. I don't know what I think about it being in the 80s, though. Seems unnecessary.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I'll be honest, I got much more of an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" vibe from that passage. Like, yeah, I don't like libertarians, but I'll stand side by side with them against nazis. Plus, any minimal weird political stuff in the book can be ignored, or I'll use one of the alternate settings from the stretch goals. The idea is promising, and Cryptomancer is excellent, so I doubt I'm gonna unpledge short of something fairly egregious.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Sooooo people are making a Princess Bride RPG of all things. Wasn't there some sort of controversy surrounding this? It's looks... Weird.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

In non-Palladium news the people behind The Veil have a new cyberpunk rpg on Kickstarter, Hack the Planet, using Blades in the Dark. It's heavily based on climate fiction, a genre of sci fi imagining how climate change will affect the future. Instant back from me. I am so down for this.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

The somewhat controversial Dragons Conquer America RPG is back on Kickstarter, having reassessed certain aspects. Personally, I find it an interesting idea with beautiful artwork and a history of good game design, despite the controversy.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I really like the look of the Black Void RPG. It has really good art and a psychedelic mixed with bronze age aesthetic that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

This is weird, and it looks pretty rough, but I just saw Welcome to Yarnia, an RPG about knitting. As far I can tell, it has been a thing on a major knitting community online, so its somewhat established, but its really weird looking. That said, it seems to be an interesting way to combine two hobbies.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Sure to controversial, Zak Smith has Demon City, the horror RPG he's been working on on Patreon for a while. Sure to have amazing art, but also Zak Smith, so that'll put some people off.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 17, 2018

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

The Expanse RPG is up on Kickstarter, and is blowing past stretch goals already.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Famous Italian RPG Lex Arcana is on Kickstarter for a new edition and English language version. Looks pretty cool.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

For some reason Zorro: the RPG sounds appealing to me. Maybe because a game where everyone is a swashbuckler is always fun, and the setting of early California seems to have a bunch of interesting ways to take it.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

moths posted:

Mörk Borg is up, it looks like another style-over-substance D20 OSR. But if your style is over the top black metal, there you go!

I'm not sure if any of the creators are wretched poo poo-people though. I've only seen Patrick Stewart's name before, and I think he got OK eventually.
I backed it, if only because I love small games like this, love the art, and the metal they put in their playlist for the game was fun.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Fria Ligan is kick-starting Vaesen- A Nordic Horror Role-playing Game. They make good poo poo.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Dungeon Bitches, the pet project of excellent indie RPG designer cavegirl, is on Kickstarter.

Hiro Protagonist fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 15, 2021

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

So, SCP the Role-playing Game. Could be interesting, but Delta Green exists, so...

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

This game, Gods of Metal Ragnarok, has say great art style. Mechanics look weird, but we'll see.
Edit: here's the mechanics video.

Hiro Protagonist fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 25, 2021

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

They should probably be more forthcoming with saying that 1s don't cancel out 4s, since obviously that would make the game not work in any way.
Yeah, in the mechanics video, it makes it more clear, 1s are more like strife from L5R 5E.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Iron Kingdoms Requiem, the new Iron Kingdoms RPG for 5e, is up and doing great.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

The One Ring Kickstarter. I've waited so long. Almost here.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah, even the mechanics that I understand people not loving, like an autosuccess on a D12 meaning it can be swingy as poo poo, make sense because they take directly from the theming and philosophy of the book series. I've heard The One Ring described as the RPG most mechanically connected to its own theming and I think it's a fair assessment.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

They use Cortex for the actual play, but mention in the kickstarter they might not be able to use that if they don't have money for the license, and would then make their own system.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

The very good Extreme Meatpunks Forever RPG is on Kickstarter. Go back it!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Honestly, I love Vaesen, I think it's the best of Free League's games. Very simple, but intuitive, and the base building mechanic makes sense in the setting. Characters will mostly be trying to find out what the monster is and what it's weakness is, because most of the Vaesen come back after being killed by traditional means. Horror and damage have consequences, but aren't immediately lethal unless you roll bad multiple times, but the stakes always feel high.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

This... isn't a thing ANYONE would have seen coming, but there's a Kickstarter for an Official Faith No More TTRPG. Yes, that Faith No More. It's kind of such an insane prospect I can't help but be intrigued.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Tidal Blades Kickstarter is up. I haven't played it, but the world seems interesting, and I kind of am interested in the RPG despite it being Cypher System.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Welp, this is going to make a lot of money. Why a Monty Python RPG now of all times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

neaden posted:

I read through the preview for the cowboy bebop game and liked it. The whole thing is based on episodic storytelling with hrthe crew splitting up to track down leads before coming together in a final confrontation. It looks like it will do what it is setting out to do well, instead of just trying to bring Cowboy Bebop into D&D.

I agree, it does seem like it's bringing something new to the table, and I think it's trying to bring Bebop flavor pretty well. It doesn't hurt that they apparently received a ton of feedback from play testing and it seems like they delayed the Kickstarter until now in light of that.