Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm kinda shocked I have the 7th Sea core rulebook to read before I have the GM stuff for Delta Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Burning Wheel Codex showed up today, and the physical quality is really good, pretty much exactly the same as Gold. I can't wait to dig into it and see how the material was revised.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Echophonic posted:

Nice, I'm looking forward to that. Haven't gotten a shipping notification or anything, though.

On the other hand, I got my copy of Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction, so that's neat.

The only notification I got was a mysterious e-mail from stamps.com that just said "Andrew Markham has sent you a package" and gave me a tracking number. I kinda thought it was Delta Green stuff until the book actually showed up.

Given the way the KS updates were written, I'm not sure that wasn't intentionally vague.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

signalnoise posted:

I love Dreadball. Can't praise it enough. However, I have to say you might want to investigate your ability to actually play the game in your area. In my city Guild Ball is the one true sports minis game.

Yep! I love Dreadball and I bought heavily into it and Xtreme, but there are maybe three people in my city that play it. Meanwhile Guild Ball nights regularly pull 15+ people.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd be down with getting some Baseball Furies minis but those renders don't look very good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

At least Red Mage had the good sense to stop posting in a forum full of people he ripped off

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm the early playtest access that costs 152 dollars

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Peas and Rice posted:

This makes his blog post about sharing costs make a lot more sense.

I would (and did) handily shell out $200 for Delta Green because it's a known system and a known setting. It seems awfully bold to ask the same entry level for something untested. But OTOH people seem to be willing to pay it so what do I know.

That blog post got reprinted on the invisible sun site as a Thing You Should Consider, so yeah.

http://invisiblesunrpg.com/corona/gamesasagrouppurchase/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GrandpaPants posted:

Upon reflecting on my Cthulhu Wars pledge, I would say that Gods War is likely not worth it, just on the basis of cost and storage. Like, if it's close to Cthulhu Wars in terms of gameplay and mechanics, it'll be a good to great game, but actually thinking about how much money I could have spent on other games or other things in life that aren't gaming related (how vague and uncertain this statement is) just kind of upsets me in hindsight. Like I said, it probably won't be a bad game, but unless you're going to find secondary use for those miniatures, I'd probably give it a pass from a pure expense perspective.

I'm kinda with you. I looked over the rules and it seems like a really cool game, and the models are nice, and Glorantha is the best setting, but it just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

glitchkrieg posted:

I backed this as I was just starting to get back into the hobby and I'd always wanted to play Paranoia. What's so terrible about it?

It's a lesser Paranoia than any of the other ones that came before it, even the super lovely one that everyone involved with the license disowns.

It's super bad looking on its own merits, too. I mean, I know Paranoia is supposed to be a comedy game, but it always had a solid if uninspiring ruleset.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I am a blank blank of the order of blank, who blanks.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Carteret posted:

What was your delay time from "ANDREW MARKHAM has sent you a package" to receiving them? I've had that email in my inbox since the 15th.

It only took a few days for me.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SJGames is launching a kickstarter tomorrow for a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy boxed set.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3731-GURPS-Turns-30-Starts-Kicking-Down-Doors-to-Celebrate-With-Dungeon-Fantasy-RPG#.V8cxWPkrJhE

quote:

The Dungeon Fantasy RPG will take things a step further. It will be a standalone game, a box containing everything needed to play: cardboard figures, battle maps, dice, and five full-color rulebooks illustrated with beautiful original art. The books will include all the parts of the GURPS Basic Set and GURPS Magic necessary for hack ‘n’ slash – and vital content from the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy PDFs – but streamlined.

All this will come out of the box ready to play! It will be compatible with GURPS but you won’t need to know or invest in GURPS. And while it won’t be “rules light,” it will be friendly to new gamers. Existing GURPS fans will also want it, both for the revisions and rethinks made in response to customer feedback on the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series, and for content exclusive to the set.

This being a Kickstarter campaign, there will be add-ons and stretch goals. Some will appeal mostly to current fans; for instance, existing GURPS Dungeon Fantasy supplements and related issues of Pyramid magazine. Others – like the GM’s screen – will be useful to everyone. We’re offering a genuine game system, not merely a one-off.

Between this and the two hardcovers, this is the biggest year for GURPS releases in, god, at least the 2010s.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 31, 2016

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Oh? Interesting. Curious to see the sales numbers and how this plays out.

Dungeon Fantasy is already a streamlined version of the larger GURPS system, so if it's streamlined and revised from that base it should be a quick playing game while still very much being a GURPS game.

Personally, I don't think I'd want it to be too much lighter, since there are already plenty of those kinds of games.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

dwarf74 posted:

Oh, they added a fake PDF only tier, for effectively $36. Cool. That's a way better idea than a Pyramid sub.

It's kind of baffling that they didn't think people would want PDFs of the updated/revised material that's making up the box set.

alg posted:

Are these stretch goals a joke

I think after the Ogre kickstarter they've made it a core goal to never ever lose money on shipping again.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Why don't they just charge actuals for shipping in the pledge manager? I never understand people who don't do this.

I'm not an expert on shipping costs or anything but given that this is supposed to ship in may of next year, there's a large risk of shipping costs increasing between now and then, especially internationally.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zark the Damned posted:

In better minis news, Stonehaven are back at it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/stonehavens-giants

I picked up their Halflings and was fairly impressed with the sculpt quality and clean casts so I'll be watching this with interest.

Nice. I skipped out on the halflings and half-orcs, but I was in on the three before that, and none of them were bad. I'll probably grab a couple of giants, the whole set gets a bit pricy.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mike12345 posted:

Anyone supporting the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter? How much of an update is it? I'm probably not going to chip in, the shipping fees of 30 bucks seem a bit brutal. Maybe ok for the weight, still. Didn't see a pdf-only option.

It's not a real update to the core GURPS rules, but they're redesigning and rebalancing all the spells in the game, and changing up some of the class templates. You can back for 36 bucks and get all the PDFs, they're an add-on instead of a pledge level for some reason.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Will I be anonymous while playing this game?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Dungeon Builder: An Isometric Map Maker looks pretty nice. $40, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBOGIudr8E

There's a demo available, but I can't try it right now.

This seems cool. I like to use Campaign Cartographer and their isometric program, but if this pans out, it + hexographer would make a really compelling alternative.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kwyndig posted:

Why the hell would you do that? No, seriously, why would start a project and put your funding goal at even one penny less than your actual budget for completion? You can't count on exceeding your goal, and usually exceeding your goal also means your costs are going to go up (either from stretch goals or just having to produce more units), so why would you ever ask for less money than you need when you don't have any way to make up the difference. It's just nonsense and madness, and I should know, being well versed in nonsense and extremely mad.

Because when you do what you said people call it boring and lame, like the Dungeon Fantasy kickstarter.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

atholbrose posted:

Huh. The $1 tier on the Swords & Wizardry 3d printing is a pay-what-you-want for the PDF version.

It'll also be PWYW after the kickstarter is over, just like the older printing is now, if you don't even want to bother with the whole kickstarter process.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Evil Mastermind posted:

D.W.A.R.Vs: Military Sci-Fi in a Fantasy World RPG

Looks like it's a "roll a pool, take best die" system, but there isn't a lot there on the mechanics. Still, the concept is interesting and they seem to be willing to do interesting things with it.

They couldn't come up with ANY ways to put an E in that acronym? Low effort, no sale.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ash Law has finally pulled the plug on The Reliquary for 13th Age after 4.5 years. There's a really long backer-only post explaining the situation but it's the exact same story as every failed kickstarter and you already know what happened, even if you've never heard of this project before.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

NTRabbit posted:

Can't remember if someone put it here or just the terrain thread, but Mantic has a KS up making affordable plastic scatter terrain and furniture for dungeon crawlers, RPGs, and wargames, through quite a few stretch goals already

That battlefield crate looks like it might actually pretty decent for wargame terrain.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

neaden posted:

This looks good but oddly expensive. I'm not sure if I'll ever have time to do the big interlocking campaign either. Also why is it the Yellow King instead of The King In Yellow? There is no Yellow King.

Someone asked this in the KS comments but it's something about distinguishing it from other products based on the same material.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Flavivirus posted:

I've just launched the kickstarter for Legacy: Life Among the Ruins 2nd Edition!

Three years after this was invented for a design contest on this very board, I've made a new edition with better rules, a vastly expanded book and lovely art. If you're interested in a game that fuses the wide scope of REIGN or Crusader Kings with the vibrant post-apocalypse of Gamma World or Hyper Light Drifter, or if you liked the first edition and want to know how we've made it even better, go check out the kickstarter page!

LOL, I was just coming here to ask if this game was any good, I didn't know the author was on the board.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Fate accessories kickstarter looks pretty alright if all the people who used to play Fate games haven't completely abandoned it for PbtA.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evilhat/fate-dicetm-and-fate-pointstm-accessories-for-fate?ref=432261&token=c525da2f

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

malkav11 posted:

You know, I'm not one of those people who typically complains about Kickstarter being used by established publishers, but Munchkin is literally the money hose that keeps Steve Jackson in business. There is zero reason it needs to be Kickstarted.

SJ Games isn't making it, they licensed Munchkin out to IDW, who I assume are kickstarting it to try to put a dent in the costs of licensing both that and ninja turtles before sending it to retail.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PST posted:

New Delta Green Kicktarter for 'The Labyrinth' written by John Tynes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-labyrinth/

While there's definitely that aspect of starting a new kickstarter while still having a bunch of stretch goals from the previous one to deliver, notably this is being written by Tynes, who wasn't involved in the former one, and it's apparently 1/4 written already, but they're still giving a 9 month timetable on it to be as realistic as they can.

The previous one has been excellent, though admittedly Delta Green is in my 'buy everything no matter what it is' list.

I was happy to see that they laid out exactly how staff/effort overlaps between this and working on goals from the other kickstarter, and that it pretty much wouldn't since Detwiller is basically done with Impossible Landscapes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Dark Project posted:

I have my Reaper 4 pledge all locked in, mostly for the larger individual buys and scenery, but I have to say I hate some of the groupings they have done for miniatures, plus the difficulty of getting individual miniatures from those groupings later on.

For example, they have two $50 pledge parts, one being the Darkreach Expansion, which I only want the Cave Spider from, and the other being fan favourites, which I would like to get the Tidal Lurker, Zombie Shark, and perhaps the Mammoth from (depending on size).

What's the best place to look for these miniatures after the kickstarter? eBay I am guessing? If anyone is getting any of the above and doesn't want or is selling any of those, could you let me know? Preference would be for people in Australia.

They eventually just come out as retail releases, don't they?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

quote:

To prevail and escape Wir-Heal they must brave its nightmare-haunted shifting realities, find ways beneath the land, break into the Titans' sleeping minds and steal their golden thoughts. This will put the Titans back to sleep, shift the realities back to something more closely approximating normal, and you get to keep the gold.

Cool, they're making OSR Persona

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dawgstar posted:

A Stan Sakai box? Oh, that's just unfair.

Yeah, I think I might throw them a buck to get into the pledge manager and get the Sekai box. No interest in the game but those minis are nice.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Going to something not completely terrible, I think it's really cool that you can get a PDF copy of Traveler for 2 bucks if you're broke and can't afford any other tiers. It's not a great version of the game but that's a really cool thing to do.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

canepazzo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-conspiracy/comments

Campaign ends on 9/11, which I imagine is just a coincidence, right? :tinfoil:

They've already put a new version of Countdown up as a stretch goal so they're getting a bunch of my money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I cannot imagine paying that much money for a Zombicide