Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The_Doctor posted:

Have we discussed the absolute greedy clusterfuck of Cthulhu Wars shipping? Check the latest update if not.

People’s games are sitting on pallets at Gamerati, who will only ship out a full pallet at a time, but people can pay extra money to try and get their pallet moved closer to getting out the door. Otherwise they’re going to have to wait up to another year for something they’ve already paid for (including shipping).

Holy poo poo I've seen more honest bitcoin rugpulls. Cost to ship a game is allegedly $55, so buy in $10 increments and hope someone else's on your palette, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ilmucche posted:

Everyone gets their money back though, right?

Since they cancelled it before it funded, yes, nobody even paid in the first place.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pretty sure they're not allowed to change the campaign page once it's funded, much like you can't change pledge levels that have been pledged to.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood is pretty highly regarded and that's like 75% "mini"atures.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:holymoley: that is the most I think I've scrolled in any Kickstarter.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Molrok posted:

Only the core + minis for me, still thinking about getting a Honda Acty or something if I need to haul these around to other people for gaming.

You can look up which miniature box(es) you need from the two big boxes for each scenario and only take those alongside the core box.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

As a game, you can send it out to reviewers and pay them to give you glowing reviews ahead of your Kickstarter.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boundless Stride: Into the Denlands just launched.

I'll give the same disclaimer as when I mentioned (the extremely good) Kinfire Chronicles: I've been friends with Kevin Wilson for decades.

That said, it's a chill exploration game with light legacy elements and the same lush treatment as Kinfire Chronicles. I don't even want the miniatures tier, the acrylics look so good.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ahj00ma/boundless-stride-into-the-denlands/description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2T14u8jptM

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

BinaryDoubts posted:

This looks really cute & beautiful, and I'm intrigued by the exploration system. That said, I hope they post a rulebook before the campaign ends since I'm one of those no rulebook = no back type of people.

Already on the campaign page!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NamqyWact5ITziJw8klfyTAlDPaSOMUi/view

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

gschmidl posted:

Boundless Stride: Into the Denlands just launched.

Alas, it's been cancelled, and people seem to think $20k was the real number needed.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jarvisi posted:

Looks like ISS vanguard is finally getting ready to ship the core box. Almost four years after I backed it!

Did you back a language version, or pick one-wave shipping? I've had the core box forever.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

JazzFlight posted:

LOL appropriate to the discussion, I just spotted this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sustainablelovingdao/faiths-legacy-eternal-chronicles-board-game/description

Just straight up and down, everything is AI.

lmao

More red flags than a North Korean military parade.

e: what the hell is that video :psyboom:

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 15, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ominous Jazz posted:

AI was always a grift, enjoyed exclusively by the dumbest and most tedious people you'll ever meet. As a hater, this brings me immense joy.

:same:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sojenus posted:

Don Fox, the game of mafioso woodland critters.

New Root expansion sounding good.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Eyes Have It posted:

CMON, whose numerous campaigns never bring in less than millions each, has ditched Kickstarter entirely and moved exclusively to Gamefound. Just kind of interesting.

They're sitting at $867k for this new one so we'll see if that lasts, I guess?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Memnaelar posted:

Anyone have this happen to them before? It's novel, and perhaps coinciding with feeling like I already have too many games and thus am getting a bit pickier about what I back. But it's strange all the same.

It has and for similar reasons.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Your last sentence is the answer to your confusion.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kinfire Council is now funding, as well as a Kinfire Chronicles reprint and various additions.

As always I'll mention that the designer is a good friend of mine and I want him to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Screaming_Gremlin posted:

Thanks for plugging this. I somehow managed to miss the previous Kinfire games, but I have really liked the look of this based on some of the preview playthroughs I have watched.

My group really liked Chronicles, but it is easy if you've ever played a similar game before. There's some options on BGG on how to make it harder if you so desire; we enjoyed just clowning on enemies for once.