Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

one where you play group of children in an abandoned industrial town where the only adult is a creeping horror

This sounds pretty interesting - do you remember what it's called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Thanks!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I feel like 7th Sea would work really well with an adapted version of the FFG Star Wars rules.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Are you kidding? The FFG Star Wars rules don't work for Star Wars, which is already very swash-buckly.

Yeah, I don't know what experience you've had with FFG Star Wars, but it's obviously very different to mine.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

That sounds like a lot of fun, and I'll back it. Was interested in getting a physical copy, but the £20 shipping to NZ is a killer.
Will happily grab the PDF though.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Wow, gently caress the Oatmeal.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 18, 2016

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

What did Magpie Games do? I'm out of the loop.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I really wanted to back Ilimat, but I just can't afford it right now. Luckily a friend is getting it, so I'll be able to play the hell out of his copy.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I'm looking forward to Far West, a Gareth-Michael Skarka Transmedia Enterprise, releasing just moments before the impending climate-change induced ecological collapse scours humanity from the face of the earth.

So, February?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

potatocubed posted:

I launched a Kickstarter for Pigsmoke!

It's a tongue-in-cheek PBTA game about being the faculty at Pigsmoke, America's foremost college of wizardry. Chase tenure, resist burnout, conduct groundbreaking research and academic rivalries in equal measure, avoid your trash fire home life, cast spells and hide from the results, and try to escape the notice of the Dean while you eke out some sort of personal victory against the all-consuming forces of bureaucracy. It'll be great!

Wizards and academia are my two great loves. Backed!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Neopie posted:

Anime art is good and pure

Anime art is a mistake.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

thelazyblank posted:

This obvious joke does bring a real question: Did anyone else try the Transmedia Empire idea after GMS shot himself in the foot with an assault rifle for half a decade?

7th Sea, I guess?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Jedit posted:

GMS is performing a public service, he's resolving Zeno's Paradox.

He's not there yet, but he's juuuust about resolved it. Any day now, honestly.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Merauder posted:

Weta/CZE's GKR: Heavy Hitters campaign is live.

Shipping is a pretty ugly mar on the otherwise great looking campaign, but it is a HUGE loving box & top notch components.

For the first and probably last time, living in New Zealand has made shipping more affordable on a Kickstarter.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

My copies of "What Ho, World" and "Wizard's Aren't Gentlemen" have arrived! They look wonderful, can't wait to try them out.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Weirdo posted:

The Medieval Demons kickstarter is wrapping up with two days left, and are £400 short of unlocking Buer, the lion wheel, aka one of the better demons from history books.

No Stolas, no sale.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I somehow hadn't pledged yet, so I've fixed that up. Hopefully you make it all the way!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Heh.

Nice.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Ropes4u posted:

Has anyone played Bloc by Bloc? I want to back it but I don’t need shelf art and I haven’t seen much posted about it here, maybe that is a hint in itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjNmfeimbE

This guy likes it, and I tend to trust his taste (disclosure: I know and game with him IRL).

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I got home last night all ready to post about my mailbox remaining unstabr'd, but secret birds delivered!

Or possibly... ORC PILOTS delivered!

And I was reminded that I live a couple of minutes walk away from where PJ recorded the stomping sounds of thousands of rugby fans to be marching Uruk Hai in LOTR, which seems appropriately orcy.

Thanks Limm and Nemesis of Moles, this is the best Kickstarter experience I've ever had.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

To expand and explain a little bit - the 9 species thing is actually me goofing up, I meant to say 8, but since I goofed we've been talking about adding Tieflings or something to the cast. Or I'll fix the typo and hope not too many people notice. Stay on the edge of your seats!

The time for Sexy Swamp monsters is nigh!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I've never heard of this Kickstarter before now, but what I'm getting is that if they don't deliver in the next week it will have taken longer for them to deliver their product than WWI actually lasted.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I don't know Steve personally, but a lot of my friends do and they have nothing but great stuff to say about him and also Soth. I'm super excited.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Flavivirus posted:

Thanks for all your support already - I feel like I can always count on the TG goons to help out my projects :)

I loved What Ho, World and Legacy 2e enough that anything you make is an auto-back for me.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I can't imagine any Kickstarter experience will ever live up to Orc Stabr. But I'll back all your projects ever anyway just in case.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

theironjef posted:

Anyhow, enough about anal bioavailability, anyone else get Trogdor? We've played it a few times and it's good stuff.

Yeah, I've had a blast with it so far. Only used the default setup, but I'm looking forward to trying some of the other board layouts.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

That looks great, backed immediately.

Hmm, I wonder if I could run it as an Americana mash-up...

Edit: by which I mean it's basically the same except some people play cool skeletons

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Sandy Pug, feeding both my TTRPG Kickstarter addiction and my low-fi limited edition vinyl addiction. :stoked:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Love to advertise my upcoming Kickstarter by being super racist

https://twitter.com/3minboardgames/status/1373006791206793218?s=19

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Holy poo poo, I'm 100% on board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Yeah, if it had been designed by Johnny and Sasha I'd have backed it immediately, but the Cypher system makes it a hard pass. I might pick up the PDF on sale in a couple of years to mine for content for a paranormal investigation game (or Mage the Awakening), but it just looks supremely uninteresting as its own thing.