Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Got my copy of Mutants in the Now in the mail yesterday, and it looks great! I'm going to try and make a character or two when I have some time in the next few days. I'm wondering how the GOO-P math shakes out (hoping buying Bipedalism and full object manipulation doesn't end up being a huge tax on weird species), but I figure the best way to figure that out is by doing.

Is MitN getting discussed anywhere on the forums? I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I confess that I've never been a big fan of Paranoia or gently caress-your-buddy roleplaying in general, but that writing is deeply unfunny even beyond that. Absolute anti-sell.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Congrats on the new project! Not my cup of tea, but I hope it goes great.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Kickstarter Exclusive Blue Jesus is cracking me up

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I guess they're using different fonts for the game titles as sort of improvised wordmarks? I dunno, but I definitely hate it

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

CitizenKeen posted:

At this point, the "rules light but high gloss Final Fantasy" genre is less novel than it was a decade ago.

Yeah, I feel like I'm kind of full up on projects based on aesthetic and vibes. I need some specific, crisp world and scenario ideas and less "hey, remember Slayers?"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Azran posted:

My brain keeps trying to read the 'tech' bit as katakana and it's pretty annoying

If I got absolute dictatorial power over the world of graphic design, I would ban "kinda looks like katakana because ~exotic Japan~" fonts immediately. They suck so much on so many levels.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

inferis posted:

In book form there was a grid of numbers in the back that you were supposed to poke at randomly if you just had the book and no dice.

I thought Fighting Fantasy had the dice pairs printed at the bottom of the right-hand pages so you could flip through and get a roll? Always wondered if those had a true 2d6 distribution.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Realtalk? Not really. Unlike the board game flop upthread, Monte Cook Games at least delivers on their projects, but the Cypher system is eminently forgettable and I don't think a single game made using it has ever actually been good. People made fun of Invisible Sun for its overwrought plastic tchotchkes but when you dug beneath all of that stuff what you found was a game that squandered every halfway interesting concept it might have brought up mixed with a lot of boring generic stuff.

Yeah, this is the truth. Monte Cook Games will consistently deliver and generally has high production values, but the Cypher system is shockingly uninteresting and strips the flavor out of everything it touches. (I bought the Invisible Sun BLACK CUBE because I love ridiculous roleplaying objects and dumb feelies, and the greatest sin of that game by far is that it'll describe something really cool, and then the mechanics are "+2 to some roll." It's all oatmeal.) If you're looking for a nicely-produced fan thing for the Magnus Archives, it might be good, but I wouldn't expect anything out of it as a game besides "you can technically play this."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Variant covers? Variant covers!

I was going to say "at least the artists are getting paid," but, well, Palladium. Hope the artists got paid in advance.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm a little surprised they limited the tchotchke selection to stuff you could theoretically use to play the game. This really has the feel of the vintage KSes that would throw in t-shirts and keychains and other random crap, you know?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Vintage Palladium books are just chock-full of bad decisions

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Rolling 00 on the insanity table and getting "cool but rude"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"(or heterosexual if already gay)" -- Cthulhu scared me straight!!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ovenboy posted:

Anyone checked out the Mythic Bastionland kickstarter? I've got hus Into the Odd, and really like Electric Bastionland, but I've never really got to play them. I know I shouldn't...

I saw this, but I was holding off because I felt like ItO was thinner on flavor than I was expecting, so it's hard to do a flavor-based sell for me on that game unless it's really gotten more substantial.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

So who is this guy? A Critical Role DM? I don't watch AP streams so I'm deeply lost right now.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The concept of Rutibex just sitting around all day, churning out millions of words of shovelware RPG glop via an LLM he thinks is a person, is just unutterably sad

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Title edited from the original prompt of "Isle of the Beauties Hot Sexy Horny No Modesty Ecchi GODDAMMIT MAKE THEM gently caress ALREADY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I don't have any skin in this game, but lol at making a financial/fulfillment announcement to your backers into some kind of dumb ARG