Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

West Wind is running a project for some mechs for their weird war 2 game Secrets of the Third Reich. Looks like they're doing it piecemeal after the project to do the whole 2nd edition at once didn't take off as well as they needed it to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Titanforge just launched a project for a system agnostic 28mm fantasy Japanese army that works suspiciously well with Kings of War, down to the base sizes and rank setups in the renders.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dream Pod 9 of Heavy Gear fame put up their Jovian Wars space ship minis game project; might be a little late to the space party, but they definitely have a unique aesthetic compared to all of the others, very Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TG Kickstarter Thread 3: RPG General Chat Thread

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kwyndig posted:

I'm surprised they still exist as anything more than a rights holder.

They recently successfully kickstarted, and delivered, a new edition of Heavy Gear Blitz, with really great quality hard plastic minis.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kai Tave posted:

I strongly suspect that using someone's attempted suicide to browbeat unsatisfied Kickstarter backers by going "look what you did, this is your fault" is an insanely lovely and tasteless thing to do, like even beyond most normal standards for elfgame-related lovely tastelessness.

So just another day in the life of Kevin Siembieda then

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So it essentially comes down to Kevin Siembieda being an irredeemable scumbag of massive proportions to anyone and everyone, as it suits the needs of his ego

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Falstaff posted:

I don't think the scale kerfuffle went down like that, actually. The vote you're thinking of was about whether or not Palladium would sell Robotech Tactics figures at GenCon, which was before they'd fulfilled wave one to backers, IIRC.

It happened for both; or rather was meant to happen for both, but after the first time, there was such a backlash when he tried it again for the scale that he had to back away slightly

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shrooms, man :shroom:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The March of the Ants people have a new game up called The Grimm Forest

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The guy who did the Innocents RPG plugged his next project in the 'pledge manager is open' update, an RPG called Talislanta: The Savage Land, about which I know nothing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Antivehicular posted:

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Ninja Division dropped/tanked the project and left Siembieda holding the bag, trusting that Siembieda's reputation would make it look like his fault? Which is pretty lovely, if true (and it seems plausible enough).

Ninja Division thought they were doing a simple contract game using a Palladium IP, with "by Ninja Division, published by Palladium" on the box, but once the money was in they had the game taken away from them, and they were reduced to contract sculptors for Palladium only, because the greedy rear end in a top hat is physically incapable of sharing credit with anyone - and had to enter the trinary hell of feedback, seeking, and reseeking approval from both Siembieda, and Harmony Gold. They completed the work they were paid for, to the bad and contradictory advice and specifications they were given, and moved on.

Siembieda remains holding the bag because RRT was genuinely the sleazy, egotistical shithead's own loving fault.

Whether Ninja Division would have produced a better product or not without the interference I can't say.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 24, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Can't remember if someone put it here or just the terrain thread, but Mantic has a KS up making affordable plastic scatter terrain and furniture for dungeon crawlers, RPGs, and wargames, through quite a few stretch goals already

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah, the walls, fences, and hedges in particular look good for both fantasy and historicals at 28mm, and I plan to combine some of the other bits with Germ's Area Terrain as well

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You're still not allowed to bring it up on the Palladium forums.

North Korea has a more open public discourse than the Palladium forums

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

If anyone is into 28mm old school Gnomes or Indonesian tribal Rats, there's a project out there for you

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Crackbone posted:

Nope. Highly mediocre to slightly bad, but gets everybody excited because ZOMBIESL@JEJFJHDSV:N:SDF.

"Highly mediocre to slighty bad" describes most of CMoN's catalog honestly.

Yeah but did you see how many minis they came with? Phwoar!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kai Tave posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a single one actually succeed.

I thought I saw one succeed because it was being used to launder money into a PAC or something

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

let's rehash the civil war in the TG kickstarter thread

Someone ought to do something about those Roundheads before they go too far, bloody puritans

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rand Brittain posted:

Huh. My bank is now telling me that they can't process my payment to the Fragged Empires Kickstarter because it's in Australia and that's a "banned destination" for reasons the person I spoke to could not explain.

I successfully backed Fragged Empires, and my bank is a subsidiary of St. George and Westpac, the person you spoke to is immensely full of poo poo and trying badly to cover up some kind of mistake.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vikings: Great Hall Burning (28mm tabletop wargaming)

I can't speak for the game, but I have some of their terrain and minis, and Acheson makes really good stuff

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Mojo Jojo posted:

Does it promise to be a better game or is it just based reskin?

It'll be a based on feedback and experience 2.0 of the original rules, that people hope get backported to the first game

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wouldn't hope too much, they recently released some updated rules and didn't even touch the biggest complaints. Namely most missions take near perfect rolling and turn management to even stand a chance at beating them.

They put together a new rules committee, and after a few months testing released the first of something like 6 planned FAQs with fixes for the simplest stuff, they're not done yet.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Stonehaven have their next project up, a variety of common and not so common heroic subjects in 28mm

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

unseenlibrarian posted:

If you make the tower collapse with your sick burn, it's retroactively a self-own.

Sick burns can't melt steel beams :tinfoil:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 27, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure

Bones 4 is up. Separate pledge levels for different regions, so maybe they've got their poo poo together for non-US backers this time

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

All the local groups, stores, and companies I loosely follow on social media have been repping The Brigade - A Board Game of Fantasy Firefighting since it went up a few days ago, made by a team in Melbourne.

Looks like it could be a cool game, and they have an online version you can try before pledging, which is a pretty neat next step above a free PnP demo

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 4, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Following on from the Dystopian Wars KS, which is still in fulfillment, Spartan have launched a carbon copy project for Firestorm Armada, two new races, new starter, 3rd edition rules, etc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Wow, I thought Spartan was long dead and forgotten.

Nope, still going, and they make the two HALO games and everything

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Iron Sky: The Roleplying Game

Yep.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This cool table project is up for those who always wanted a secret nerd table, but lack the power tools and carpentry skills to DIY

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Further confirmation that RPGs are in fact the worst

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

Further confirmation that RPGs are in fact the worst

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

In non-RPGs, Mantic's Kings of War: Vanguard has gone live, Skirmish game connected to the wildly successful rank and file mass battle game Kings of War. Uses elite troops and heroes to play the battle before the battle, skirmishers lead by commanders with character progression, can make one big campaign with both games, or just a skirmish campaign, or one off games as you like. Their approach to a skirmish game was inspired by a visit to the memorial at Quatre Bras, and the battle for the farmhouse that helped decide how the Battle of Waterloo went 2 days later.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 1, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quite a big giant too, around 18cm tall

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

And the next big goal is the new Northern Alliance army, vikings, frosty elves, ice naiiads, and snow creatures, and throwing that warband into the Giant pledge as well for what is now silly value

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Nuns with Guns posted:

Here's a picture someone took that includes Ogre and Gloomhaven:

Is that apartment rent controlled?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chill la Chill posted:

Tell that to the people on BGG Facebook group who are eager to tell you about its deep, tactical gameplay. :allears:

A lot of membership crossover with the Age of Sigmar facebook groups then :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kickstarter has changed the look of their site again today, new fonts, colors, and logo.

Also, they seem to have decided they want some of Patreon's lunch and launched https://d.rip/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oh my god shut up about Kingdom Rapedeath already and look at a good Kingdom, Kings of War: Vanguard which has a few hours left, and in stretch goal terms has blown through the important stuff and is now unlocking single figure mercenaries that will get made either way.

$150

Some new Dwarves because the CEOs ary is dwarves, so only art no renders $45

And a $30 pledge for just rules and tokens, a 2 player starter for $85, add on Warbands for $45 each, and some other add ons and levels.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 17, 2017