Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Quote-Unquote posted:

X-Men Dice Throne KS is up, plus a new co op game. Deadpool is available as an add-on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/dice-throne-x-men-marvel-co-op-missions
The co-op Missions looks interesting. While I enjoy Dice Throne Adventures, this looks to have a lot less setup and a faster pacing. Time will tell of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The Monty Python rpg pdf dropped and uh it sure is something. I'm reasonably sure there's an rpg in here among the um... layout.

It's beautiful. The layout fits the theme. It's hurting my eyes and actively hostile to reading. I wish I had a plain text version.

EDIT - Oh seems like the rules parts are laid out more clearly. So far. That's good.

Edit 2 - I take it back. The bulk of the book is fine and perfectly readable. Sorry.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 28, 2023

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Echophonic posted:

Taking layout advice from the fuckin' Book of the SubGenius, what the hell.

That Italian Guy posted:

I had originally backed this at a physical tier, but I decided to cancel before the end of the campaign. I was afraid it was going to be some kind of novelty item on my shelf more than anything else...
I'll tell you what.

I'm going to eat my words.

The actual mechanics of the game are laid out in a sensible fashion and won't melt your eyes.

It looks... Good? Or at least a fun time with your friends?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh god this feels like a 2015 kickstarter campaign except for the numbers.

Yeah. If you are an experienced backer, the number of red flags here is staggering

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Part of me misses the era of "game designer grabs a real-world reference book they don't understand and turns it into rpg mechanics" era, but its demise is certainly for the best because of poo poo like this.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So this veer into AI Chat is on topic for now, but I'd ask that any evidence be linked rather than vaguely gestured at, and any counter-evidence be better than "well I don't see it."

If the company is refusing to engage with the question at all, that's evidence enough for me, personally. We're far past the point where it's reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt on this.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The MCDM Backerkit campaign is live and over a million dollars already.

I'm not gonna lie - I like what I see so far. Seems heavily 4e-inspired if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/mcdm-productions/mcdm-rpg?ref=bk-discover-hero-feature

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I did not anticipate that I'd be this impressed. I haven't followed it but I'm in for hardcovers.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kwyndig posted:

Which is just the most white bread name imaginable, no wonder he abbreviates it.
Seems like it's a placeholder - they're going to change it to something flashier. This is just so it's easy to find for the campaign.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I honestly don't know who the gently caress he is other than he comes up in threads here sometimes.

I'm going by what the campaign is saying about the game itself, and it looks slick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The Kickstarter for Rove just launched. It's basically from the team that brought you Crimson Scales - but it's a whole new campaign game. I've been watching it for a long time since a lot of my Frosthaven playtest buddies are running it.

So if you want a(nother) co-op fantasy game, it looks pretty slick.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/addaxgames/rove