Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013
Multiple goons may have been harmed in the making of this Kickstarter. I definitely worked some ungodly hours, but we've been more than 150% funded in a day (hit our goal in the first 7 hours!), so it's all worth it??

http://tinyurl.com/jh7xfx9

The base game is a sweet easy-to-learn deckbuilding game for up to 4 people. The expansions add RPG elements - they are not necessary, but they add a different dimension to the game that you might or might not enjoy. Thanks for taking a look and keeping this goon employed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013

alg posted:

Great art. The cost ramps up quickly and the stretch goals are a little thin.

I agree the stretch goals are currently a little thin. Our previous Kickstarter is to blame, in a way- we overshot our goal by so much that we were scrambling to add extra stretch goals that wouldn't bankrupt us. So for this one we planned for that a bit more, but that does mean we're stretching the rewards a bit.

A good problem to have, I guess?

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

You know, while I love Star Realms and Epic, I have to say this KS left me kinda cold. At PAX East one of the guys there said Hero Realms was going to be like Star Realms, but going in a different direction, which is cool, but I don't like that the base game is just Star Realms with a paint job and you have to start shelling out for the expansions to actually make it different.

Is there any chance we'll see how the expansions actually change the base game?

We're trying to get some videos shot and put up to show some gameplay. The character packs you have to imagine as something similar to Hearthstone's heroes: they are cards that modify your starting health and possibly other things, you get a different starting deck themed to your character, and each character has a major and a minor ability that they can use once a game and once a turn respectively. The Boss decks are like a "play your level 1 character vs their level 15 character".

As for the base game being Star Realms with a paint job: the number one complaint about Epic was that it *wasn't* just Star Realms with a paint job :(

We obviously tried to make the base game a little more exciting than that (it definitely feels different when you play it), but without changing the rules, so that people who are familiar with Star Realms can jump right in. It's hard to get it just right I must say.

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense; Epic was presented from day one as a different style of game.

e: I mean, I've never been a fan of the whole "let's remake the exact same game but with a different theme" thing anyway so I guess I'm the wrong person to try and understand that.

I know right? We thought we were very clear, but ehh ...yeah. There are still people that loudly complain about this all over the internet whenever we post about it or a new project.

I feel you on the whole remake thing though. It apparently does work for a whole lot of people :shrug: