Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

The Malthusian posted:

It doesn’t help that Mal is identified as a Brownshirt, er coat. I get that it’s not intentional and most people never make that connection—but it’s still weird to hear. Has there ever been a color + garment identifier in history that hasn’t been sinister?

The Red Hat Society, though that largely depends on your views of middle age+ women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I've had a lot of luck with using Fluxx and its variants as my quick party game of choice.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

inklesspen posted:

Cool concept! I'm a bit worried that the author doesn't seem to have heard about stuff like Ryuutama, and in the "what are your credentials" FAQ answer is basically just talking about Pathfinder.

Yeah, that's my issue with it too.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Welp, that's disappointing; I think I'll just stick with Ryuutama for this sort of thing, thanks.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I want to read the Syystem book, but nowhere near enough to pledge for it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

The answer to 'well why not' is because you have a loving obligation to release this to people who have been waiting for it, you walnut.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's a good thing for him there aren't any other really solid RPGs that mix the martial arts genre and western genre out there already.

I feel like that's something you could hack Wulin to do, and I keep hearing stuff about Feng Shui but I've never played it. :shrug:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Alien Rope Burn posted:

There was also a Japanese-only version of Tenra Bansho that was intended for western / sengoku crossover.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I need this, too bad it'll probably never get translated

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I thought neodymium magnets weren't allowed to be sold as toys, period?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'm trying to decide which part is the funniest - the fact that this guy's studying Midwest Ethnobotany, the fact that 'community' is spelled two different ways in the same paragraph, that loving character sheet, or the fact that he's got a yahoo e-mail account.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Nuns with Guns posted:

I need to double post to point out that this is supposed to be a d100 system based off real-world physics and "world record statistics"

:getin:

Over/under on that including :biotruths:-based stat nonsense?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hold on, i have a thing for such an occasion

Hey, that is useful and neat that you had it on hand.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 13, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

We joked about an absurdly high stretch goal being "Two pages of rules" at one point, but decided it'd be better to retain the purity of it on the front. The amount of extra poo poo we're putting in the envelopes at this point is frankly getting absurd and I'm really excited for when people get their copies and find all this stuff we've got planned. We might reveal some of it in updates in the last 24hrs, maybe.

Welp, you got my :10bux:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Journal 29 reminds me a bit of an old book called Maze: Solve the World's Most Challenging Puzzle and that book was loving awesome.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Evil Mastermind posted:

Didn't someone do an lp of that book a while back?

I think so, but it's not on the offsite archive and I don't have archives access.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

BTW, will you be sending around a survey to determine what name goes on the sheet for super backers?

e: Nemesis of Moles, that is. Phone posting is hard.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'd like to see Novi Novi get a translation, but it's niche even for ttrpgs.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Holy poo poo I can't wait for my copy.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

This is fascinating though.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I didn't get mine today, I hope it comes soon and didn't get delayed/stolen/sent to the wrong address somehow. :ohdear:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Hooray, it came!

Sadly, it came with a hole in the envelope and no pin, but the game came and that's what matters!!!!

It also came with a beginner friendly module, ELF STAB.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Nice orcanizer.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mine too!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Is it too early to say that Victoria is my favorite character?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Backed Americana. My sister who isn't into tabletop games (but who liked ORC STABR) was interested so this is going to be a birthday present to both of us.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

oh poo poo, it's skelly five aces

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Magnusth posted:

I am happy to officially confirm that the lion's made is not composed of human dicks.
Also what the gently caress.

I wanna say Kingdom Death.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mors Rattus posted:

Get your hands on a beta, those PDFs were way smaller. I suspect s lot of that extra space is just more mechs, art, layout and setting material.

This, pretty much. When I was going through the beta, there were a lot of TABLES and EQUIPMENT but it wasn't anywhere near 566 pages.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

golden bubble posted:

The designer of Wingspan has launched a kickstarter for a cute, ultra-light game about Victorian flower language. It looks interesting, and it is reasonably affordable for Americans. For everyone else, I'm surprised such a small game would have that sort of shipping cost.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/239309591/tussie-mussie-by-elizabeth-hargrave-wingspan

This is adorable and flower language is one of my interests; thanks!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Well this is, uh... unfortunate, no matter what happened.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'm honestly pretty frustrated that we were told here and on KS that it wasn't what it looked like, and how we were missing context and Noelle drew the wrong conclusion and everything was fine and then w h o o p s Amy confirmed that she'd paid herself everything that wasn't put into the first book's PDF and apparently the money was gone.

Not only is this a lovely thing to happen to a system I was really exited to play legitimately, but I'm worried that Kamigakari's campaign going off a cliff and hitting some sharp rocks on the way down is going to be something that keeps coming up whenever people try to license other Japanese games for translation.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Dawgstar posted:

I'd wait for that pattern to emerge before trying to predict it. We've also had stuff like Tenra Bansho Zero which was a bit late, but came out alright. I figure the same will be true for Shinobigami. Double Cross stopped because the guy doing it got sick, I believe.

You're probably right; I'm just uneasy because I remember hearing a lot of stuff about what a nightmare it was to get JTRPGs licensed around the time Double Cross came out (though that's been long enough and enough successful projects have been released that things may certainly have changed).

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

:smith:

I'm really sorry this has happened to you and feel really lovely that I'm sitting here whining about MAYBE NO MORE JAPAN GAMES???? when you're getting so much actual blowback from this.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I did. I'm probably not going to use them but I think they're cool and I also like supporting people making things I'm interested in.

Of course I backed kamigakari too so :shrug:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

My favorite thing about the MAGA game is that the developers are in... Canada.

e: beaten to it

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

those are all extremely cool

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kickstarter/Nintendo don't seem to care that much about small merch projects like that; there are a bunch of completed kickstarters for pins and so forth.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I just pushed Super Americana Magic Force Go! out through DriveThru, if you have Americana you should be able to download it now.

That wraps Americana. I can't really find the words to express how it feels to say that. First major project, and it basically enabled me to do and make everything I've done since. And I have y'all to thank for it in a huge way, nearly 35% of Americana funding came from this thread.

Thanks, friends.

:3: Congratulations on your success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I feel like at least one kickstarter has done that already, along with LED dice and dice that you can play music from.