Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Monster Care Squad keys should be out for anyone getting a PDF

It's so PRETTY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

BioTech posted:

I wanted to back this, but the communication from BoardgameTables.com on their previous Kickstarter; Factory Runner, was so lovely that I won't support them anymore.
Months without an update, some super snarky replies when people complained. At some point a backer met them at a convention and started putting updates from them in the comments, since they wouldn't do it themselves.

Two months between updates isn't that unreasonable right now, and as far as snarkiness, maybe I need to read farther back in the comments, but I'm really not seeing that anywhere.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The_Doctor posted:

Well, I guess Voyages is my last KS game.

Now entering it's last 24 hours, looks like great value for money, a more interesting way to do a roll and write, and a distribution model I really want to encourage.

Going in the same distribution model is Speed Paper, a cute little PnP racecar flicking game, from some designers in Mexico. Really great deal here, too.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Their dice bags are also of a real lovely quality.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

So where did they steal the oversized spindown D12s from to randomize their faces? I get that the big D4 cat dice are just stolen from old copies of Khemet that they had lying around, and luckily those already had random faces, so they just need to cast Alter Acrylic to put a kitty on it, pity they won't match the colors of the rest of the dice in the set. I just can't figure out where they're sourcing those 12s...

ETA: fuckin A that looks cool, Jimbozig! Let's not let a lovely derail distract from cool creators.

El Fideo fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 14, 2021

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

TitusGroen posted:

Got a link? I know some people who'd love a new dice bag.

Here's their website:

https://www.blackoakworkshop.com

Mostly the stock on there is what's leftover from their most recent kickstarter, so don't forget to check out their current kickstarter if you want the cat one(which is included with the higher tier of the cat dice pledge).

And because the photos on their shop are rear end, here are a couple shots of one I got from them:

This is the Green Man bag, no longer available. Seems like good embroidery. The outer fabric is a very pleasant...I wanna say microsuede? The inside is some kinda nylon satin, very slippery and shiny. Good size, It could easily hold a half dozen sets of dice, ten if you want to cram them in there.

ETA: Here's an ad from their black friday sale that shows more of the bags they had.

El Fideo fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 15, 2021

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Deep Rock Galactic is hitting Kickstarter on the 10th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5V3KeO_tzc

They've confirmed a version with standees instead of minis.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The Deep Rock Galactic kickstarter has launched!

They have a standees pledge, a minis pledge, and a deluxe pledge. There is a rulebook draft available, and the shipping section does not have a higher price for Hawai’i residents, which is obviously something I look for.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Out of curiosity does the gameplay for this look interesting? I don't mind the video game, but I'm not sure how interesting that would be as a board game.

Like.. just play the video game

It's definitely on the lighter/accessible side for a dungeon crawler. I don't think it'll have a lot of weird edge cases to stumble over It's got dice resolution for the combat, so some people won't like that, and people may also not like that some of the enemies have effects that can make you lose actions, though I'd say that's an incentive to give fighting those enemies a high priority.

I like that they translated the mission objectives, escalating difficulty and resource scarcity into the board game. A departure from the board game that I like is the lack of a long term campaign, and that they opted instead to let you upgrade yourself within each play session. I like that they let you pick any secondary weapon you want, and I like that they brought in the different dwarves' methods of getting around the caves.

Speaking of which, that might be the most distinct thing about the board game: all the rooms are caves, and you have to decide where you want to make the tunnels between them. That sounds like it adds some interesting choices, as well as some tactical opportunities.

Overall it looks like a quick, simple, and fun co-op dungeon crawler with some cool decisions to make. If I weren't a fan of the computer game, and I had a bunch of unplayed dungeon crawlers sitting around I wouldn't necessarily be jumping on the Kickstarter, but here I am.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I understand a Kickstarter charging extra shipping to deliver to Hawai'i, but if I'm paying 5 times what the mainland residents are paying, I expect to get it in less than a month.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Yeah, but so am I, and still no game.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Oof, bad combo. BoardGameTables are the recently mentioned "games showing up in retail before backers get them, and for cheaper" company, and Corne van Moorsel, the designer of two of those games being reprinted, is an anti-vaxx, plandemic dipshit.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Not to distract from Kickstarter's well deserved obliteration, but Roxley's latest game is looking pretty sweet

I'm up in the air on whether to back the deluxe edition or wait for the basic version to get cheaper at retail. I do like a Ra-style auction, but attached to a spatial aspect. Has anyone got any experience with Metropolys, which this is apparently based on?

And for something completely different, I'm definitely putting down a dollar for the pdf of this hybrid board game, story LARP, murder mystery party...thing.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

That makes a lot of sense. They seem to have a really loyal customer base that snaps up every game, and will follow them over. Getting these sorts of campaigns onto the other platforms should really help bring eyes onto the other campaigns there, which is progress towards chipping away at Kickstarter's biggest advantage.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The Moon Monster posted:

The fact that they didn't do this to begin with makes me question how plugged into the mini scene anyone on the campaign is. For something that's going to do Brandon Sanderson Kickstarter money having an Angel Giraldez or whoever bang out some nice paintjobs for them would barely be a blip in the budget. Of course they're already at seven figures so I guess you could convincingly argue that it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, it's not something that could do Brandon Sanderson money, after all.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Backing for sure, but also I would like to read this comic book.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Bring back the deck of cards version of Ra, Reiner! I want it to be travelsized.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

And capping the number of refunds they'll process per month, and implying that they'll stop refunding altogether if it looks like they'd be losing too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

A big player, deep pockets, recent willingness to take on other people's designs, but the company is often synonymous with its head? Can't be anyone other than Jamey Stonemaier of Stegmaier Games.