Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Backed Psychic Pizza Deliverers thanks to the thread, so kudos for that! It looks fun and quirky.
I absolutely hate the artstyle they have for Paint The Roses and the shipping costs to EU are insane, so that's sadly a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Sefer posted:

I don't know how easy it is to buy where you are, but you might want to check out Shipwreck Arcana. It has the same idea of placing things to try to get other players to infer what you're holding. It's also pretty small so hopefully shipping charges wouldn't be bad.

Looks really interesting! Sadly the company only ships the games internationally (from US that is) periodically. Looks like they have been available mainly through and during KS-campaigns.

The Psychic Pizza Deliverers shipping was only 9€ 'cause they ship from Germany. Even with VAT I think it is still a reasonable prize overall for the game.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

ilmucche posted:

there was an italian football (soccer) board game that looked kind of interesting, but base pledge was 70 euro for 2 teams with a deck of cards for each, and you had to pay 40 euro to get 12 extra teams. plus extra for more cards to do things like play a through ball.

straight from the developer's comments:

117 euro for the complete game with all the teams :psyduck:

Yeah I saw it too. I was mildly interested until it got to the point that it was an asymmetrical game with only two teams in the base game. You would have to have a very well designed game to have two totally different teams and call it football.

Luckily I have Soccero, so my football-gaming-needs are satisfied for the most part.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

That is way too many bits and pieces to kick a ball around 😅

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Dust Biters is great btw, highly recommend it if you happen to find a copy.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Infinitum posted:

Do newer versions contain the fix in the box? I know my mates was interested in grabbing Burgle Bros at some point and want to give him the heads up

I doubt there are newer versions made yet, but if you buy it from Fowers Games you get the fixes (mine were sent to me for free via post, I didn't even have to ask for them). I would think retailers also have the fixes.

And the fixes are one small sheet of rules-variants and a few colour corrections to a single deck of cards. So it's not game-breaking in any way, even if they somehow were missing.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Has anyone got any insight on Pagan: Fate of Roanoke? Seems pretty interesting and the retail version hits stores soon.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
I'm tempted, the new edition of Fugitive looks really nice! On the other hand all other Fowers' games have been really cute and quirky, but with too confusing or fiddly rules (to teach to other people in reasonable time). You can't get much more streamlined than Fugitive, though.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

GrandpaPants posted:

Except in the video game, you can hover over your cards to see what their upgrades are so that you can make the best decision based on what the upgrade does. What do you do here? Unsleeve your deck until you have the system mastery to know exactly what upgrade you want?

...yes?

Usually the upgrades are just "numbers are bigger" or "the cost is cheaper". I don't think it's any worse than flipping through cards in separate upgrade deck.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Bottom Liner posted:

Flipping through a deck is infinitely easier and faster than unsleeving every card to see what's on the back

I mean yes, if you have every possible card in your deck at once. Usually you have two or three cool new cards that you would want to upgrade to begin with.

I just mean that the general gist of the upgrades is pretty straightforward and propably at least one player has played the digital version before.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Bottom Liner posted:

The extra fiddliness of un/resleeving after every play too, absolutely no thanks.

I dunno, resetting maybe 20 cards tops after a game don't seem such a bad tradeoff versus having almost double the cards in the box.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

GrandpaPants posted:

It's obvious because you've played however many runs of the computer game. If you're new to the game and aren't familiar with the upgrades, especially if the upgrades do something that aren't just "number goes up," then you're unsleeving/resleeving every card to check. Unless the cards have some element that show them what the upgrades do on the front/base version of the card, then I'll take back the criticism, but it just seems like for the benefit of co-op, you're paying extra for a more fiddly and time consuming version of a game where you can get through a run in like 15 minutes.

If you've never played the original game, what is the chance you're spending over 100 bucks to it? And Slay The Spire is one of the best selling games in Steam, not some unknown new thing.

Not saying there aren't flaws to the system, just pointing out that the worst case scenario you are descriping is propably not the most common experience.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

rydiafan posted:

Depends on how much stuff. I haven't played the Slay The Spire board game, but how big of an issue this is depends on how many cards you're actually going to upgrade. Am I resleeving 6 cards, or 60?

Good deck in StS contains 10-20 cards. If you are lucky, all of them are upgraded.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Bottom Liner posted:

By all accounts and their own design ambitions, there really isn't. Even people that tested it and were very hot on it said its just coop StS.

It is very Slay the Spire, but they have streamlined a lot of the mechanics to the board game.

I don't really have a horse in this race. I have over 1000 hours in StS and still not getting the board game for that price. Just saying that the situation is not as grim as some people suggest.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

an actual dog posted:

This discussion is very funny to me in that I don't think anyone here is actually going to buy the slay the spire board game.

If I had infinite money and infinite shelf space I would :(

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

StarkRavingMad posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I backed Unmatched. They say other sets will be available as add-ons so hopefully I can pick up a couple of other interesting ones.

Cobble & Fog and Beowulf v. Red Riding Hood are the best ones, imo. Haven't tried Battle of Legends 2 yet, but it seems to have quite a power creep.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
I absolutely hate all the campaigns with multiple mini-expansions (or just multiple expansion at all). They just make me question whether the basic version is at all a complete game as is.

Like, are they essential to the game since they are done at the same time as the base game, or are they poorly thought out extras? What if expansion #3 & #7 are just what the games balance needs, nevermind that the other ones are garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
It might not be "that bad" but people were hoping it wouldn't be bad at all, since they started the campaign with just one pledge level and no extra fluff, which was nice and refreshing.