Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Tekopo posted:

I didn’t have much success with Sakura Arms in my group since we preferred the fixed deck setup of BaCON/EXCEED/Yomi

Would be nice if L99 just put in suggested combinations. Character X + Character Y: Use cards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Mouzer posted:

Does anyone have any opinions about Stationfall? just at a quick glance, it looks like there is a lot happening on the board....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/455725875/stationfall?ref=discovery_category

The KS bonus is $5 off MSRP, with $20us shipping. Nothing is really kickstarter-only, so just based on that it's a hard 'wait' for me.

Anyways, it's basically SS13: The Board Game. Wacky hijinx ensue while the players try to get their secret objectives done.

It seems like a ton of front loaded information though. Something like two dozen possible characters, of which there are 12(?) per game, each having unique powers and such. Plus every room has special actions. It seems like a lot.

It's been getting good reviews from some people, but it seems like you need dedicated boardgame players to play this odd game.

It's also from Ion Games, which employees Phil Eklund, so buying this is helping support him, in case you'd rather not do that

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Hollandia posted:

Rat Queens crashed and burned in its last few issues iirc, with weird bad art and a wrap up to a story arc that was basically 'and everything was solved off-camera'.

Yeah, I have the printed books for Rat Queens, and it's a mess. The first two books were great, fun, love the art. Then they tried to make a plot, it went awry, they redacted it, but then brought it back multiple times, it was bad.

The art just kept getting worse, until the final book I laughed 'hah, this must be a one off gag or something' and panic flipped through the book. What the hell it's all terrible.

Not interested in the game, especially with the fully thing being $100+