Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Citizen Sleeper was one of my favorite video games last year, and apparently there's going to be a table-top solo RPG coming next year (along with an art book, vinyl soundtrack, etc): https://www.lostincult.co.uk/citizensleeper, crowdfunding as already met the goal but it's running through July 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

CODChimera posted:

aww man, the ice theme is neat. I legit want to buy it even though there's a million red flags and i'm not exactly rich. what is wrong with my brain

I know I shouldn't but I'm still a sucker for monster hunter. FOMO wins (ie. loses) again. Luckily I'm at a point where if it doesn't happen I'm ok with writing it off.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Jedit posted:

Final Fantasy got its name because it was going to be the last game Square made before folding. Then it became a monster hit and the company was saved.

Sakaguchi has actually denied that, he said they just wanted something that abbreviated to FF and were originally going to name it Fighting Fantasy. They only changed it when they found out about the books. The "it was going to be the final game" theory was made up after the fact, all they wanted was a word that started with F.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/24079276.html

quote:

ちなみに、『ファイナルファンタジー』というタイトルは、“FF(エフエフ)”という、アルファベットで表記できる、かつ4音で発音できる略称で呼ぶことを前提に名づけられたもの。最初は“ファイティングファンタジー”というタイトルにするつもりだったが、同名のボードゲームがあったため、変更したという。世間では、「これが最後のプロジェクトという心づもりで作ったから“ファイナル”だ」という理由から名づけられたのだ、という説が広まっているが、坂口氏は「確かに当時は背水の陣だったけれど、Fで始まる単語ならなんでもよかった」と、その説を否定した。

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

CODChimera posted:

Ice world? they added a bunch of stuff in the PM... like at least $200 more

Yeah, as another huge monster hunter simp I went all-in on base Monster Hunter World, but for Iceborne I decided to just do the $1 for the pledge manager. When I saw just how much stuff they kept adding along the way during the kickstarter and then even more in the PM I felt fine about tapping out and passing on all of it.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

armorer posted:

Looks like BackerKit is down right now, did something big launch?

Something big? Like Surviving Strangehollow? A setting for D&D 5E based on the hand-painted watercolors of Emily Hare? Why yes it did!

(this project is by a local friend of mine)