Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

head58 posted:

I'm fairly certain that most of you occasionally check my Twitter feed (from the comments I get from time to time), but for those that don't, I wanted to give you a quick update.

I am currently without my work computer -- the fan began failing, so, since it's still under AppleCare, I took it to the closest Apple Store for repair. They've quoted me a turnaround of about a week. So I'm expecting to be able to pick it up this coming weekend -- although they haven't confirmed that yet.

No worries about losing data, though -- FAR WEST (and pretty much everything else for Adamant) is backed up on 2 different external drives and on Dropbox. The only issue is that while it's gone, my hands are tied regarding finishing layout. (I'm hammering this update out on an old laptop, which doesn't run my Adobe cloud stuff).

Once I'm back up and running, I won't make you wait much longer. Thank you for your patience, and the words of encouragement that you've sent.

--Gareth

Coming soon: They said it would be fixed in a week, but it's been 3 and they are still making up excuses as to the delay. How unprofessional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
I cancelled my pledge today on it for that reason. It started off as basically "buy the base game at KS and get an expansion free!" which is pretty decent. Then every few days adding in a new pledge level. So you're "oh it's only £30 more" several times until you are at double the original pledge. In comments on the updates page they said there's a further pledge level to come next week. Pretty dissapointing. If they announced at start you could decide instead of constantly falling for like an ebay bidding mentality so you don't lose out. They could have also then had videos made demoing the full game with all those expansions they had already planned out.