Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm kind of worried about Darkest Night since "Unviable retail production" seems like a stone's throw from "Unviable production."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

Reward survey
Generous benefactors, you are commanded to speak by the Lord of the Wheel of Fire! Prophecy states clearly that the Wheel of Fire will come forth once more during a time of epochal change. It will be the light that guides us into the darkness. When the Lord of Fire sleeps, the Wheel will gutter low, ebbing in power—ready to be summoned forth to ignite the hearts of its followers. That time is passed and THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!
Give us your shipping address and fill out this Kickstarter Survey!
-BWHQ

Luke... Luke never changes...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

He's just going to mail you the GURPS quickstart and a handful of bottlecaps.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah, WoK turned me off CMoN Kickstarters forever. I got the crappy unremarkable base inserts instead of the cool Castlevania graveyard. Then they said that the tombstones were too complicated for the medium, right before they produced them for their next Kickstarter.

I asked if I could exchange a different set of inserts, they said yes. Then I followed up after a few months of nothing arriving, and they said no.

A year later I got a refund (for the wrong amount) and still haven't seen the cards they mispacked.

The game and figures are all great, but CMoN customer service is 100% dog turds.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I bet it's not actually made in Italy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It looks like they're advising Secret Weapon on making modular bonesium dungeons. Looks promising!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

A stretch goal add-on should be a 9 x 6 foot board, and long sticks.

quote:

GBP 45,000 - 2 x mini croupier sticks, like they used in the Fighter Control rooms in 1940! [KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE]

:retrogames:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I assume Luke didn't tell anyone that Andrew was mailing rewards because he doesn't have the wizard words to communicate clear, important information.

My friend told me about these miniatures cases, which look like a great concept! But it's a hand made operation and those really make me nervous.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The early rules previews looked really loving bad, too. To a degree where some of the cards didn't actually have rules on them, just a dumb picture with some flavor text and no way to resolve it in-game.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm surprised and glad that SJG isn't doing promo Munchkin cards to pad out the Kickstarters.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

IIRC, one of the "personal stresses" was the creator drinking gallons of ayahuasca.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

FRINGE posted:

Ive never had this happen.

Your experience is not typical.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd check on the actual cost of shipping before committing to anything, and unless the cards are oversized (tarot-card sized?) or extremely high quality, $20 seems steep for components that are comparable to a single CCG booster.

If that's all the game requires and it's a brilliant design, maybe $12-15 at retail would be appropriate.

20 cards with a pamphlet is mini-game territory.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That forest goblin Kickstarter failed to fund. It probably would have been more wise to wait until after successfully delivering the shieldmaidens before launching their next project.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think they brought in tits (in the form of spider maidens) and that wasn't enough to save the project. Which is kind of a shame since their goblins looked cool.

Their shieldmaidens failed the first time, too. Iirc they had reached their stated finding goal, but hadn't exceeded their actual goal, which just makes me nervous about the company.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's probably much more common that you'd think. Excitement creates momentum, and lowballing the cost artificially moves up your hype "we're funded!" moment, which is important because the funding is on a limited timescale.

People love a winner, and looking like a winner for more of the campaign means you'll collect more money.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Should I have received any Dropfleet Commander stuff yet? I live in the US and haven't gotten anything, but I've seen people with stuff online.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok cool, I didn't get any shipping info but I'll keep watching my porch...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's only about 16 hours left for the Siege of the Citadel 2nd Edition boardgame. Sure, it's another giant box of miniatures game - but the original was well-regarded, the figures look cool, there's a ton of stuff at the $149 level, and Modiphius has been doing great stuff with the Mutant Chronicles universe.

It might also be a good way to jumpstart a Chaos DARK LEGION army, since the Prodos price point was what discouraged me from checking out the latest edition of the wargame.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You could actually do a convincing legal procedural game if it were card based and focused on the personalities and circumstances rather than the actual nuance of law. Like a hyper focused cop could get Tunnel Vision card that benefit his investigation in the Law phase, but hurts the case in the Order phase (by not investigating alternate suspects.j

Basically you'd want a two stage game, risks in the first stage make the second stage harder - but without gambling it'd be possible to lose the game before you get to " & Order."

:doink:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Was the gameplay that bad though? I mean they did Guildball.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

SJG may be leveraging "Kickstarter is not a store" in a new way.

(But you're probably thinking Cards Against Humanity. I've seen Munchkin everywhere.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm thinking about upping my pledge for Hab Block II.

I love the look of the buildings, but I wanted to see what the thread might say about his previous KS first.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is someone still maintaining that excuse website?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Of all the yesteryear memes to include in a ripoff fighting game, the pineapple apple pen guy is probably along the least suited. Maybe he was least likely to sue?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like Modiphius catches a disproportionate amount of poo poo. Granted he's allergic to deadlines, but his kickstarter bundles offer enough quality & quantity that I don't really care. I mean, the whole point of Kickstarter is that the rewards are compensation for assuming some of the risk.

(I could also have just made this post about Mantic.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

PST posted:

He's not allergic to deadlines, for Infinity he gave them over and over, and broke them repeatedly. I'm also particuarly hosed off because he tried to ignore uk consumer law and refuse a refund (which he'd been doing to other people who weren't happy). Also, that whole 'assuming some of the risk' is bullshit, all the risk is on the part of the 'backers'.

IIRC the Infinity thing had more to do with CB's iron grip on their IP, insisting to sign off on everything to ensure it fit their fluff.

And there's absolutely risk and consequence to the developers, you only need to look as far as your own view of them to see that. Previously snacks and shortcomings were behind the scenes. Now a high profile failure is everybody's business.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Medicinal demons.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

JackMann posted:

"America would be better off if the South had won the Civil War."

This one is actually true because we could govern ourselves progressively without catering to (and subsidizing) what's essentially a second-world theocracy.

E: Life in the southern Nation-states would suck rear end unless you were fortunate enough to live in one that was captured by Spain, Mexico, or overthrown by slaves. But the question was about "life in America if the South had won," allowing them to gently caress right off, divide themselves, and get beaten by other powers than America.

moths fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 3, 2017

moths
Aug 25, 2004

poo poo. I didn't back because I couldn't find the option for a physical core book.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think it's more that this is more of an unlicensed "The Thing" boardgame than actually based on the book.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The baby was fine — but follow-up tests had revealed something astonishing about the mother. Her body was built of cells from two individuals, probably from twin embryos that had merged in her own mother's womb. And there was more. Every piece of the baby is an individual organism with its own survival instinct. One by one, MacReady tests everyone's blood with a heated piece of copper wire. Everyone is still human except the baby, whose blood flees from the hot wire. Exposed, she transforms and infects Windows, forcing MacReady to burn them both.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Printable Scenery guy has another KS up for Rampage Gothic, which is a kind of eclectic mix of awesome sci-fi industrial terrain, gothic Dracula castles, dwarf halls, Diablo 2 necromancer skull town, xenomorph eggs, and saarlac / graboid pits.

The industrial stuff looks amazing and looks perfect for Necromunda / SWA / Infinity.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm not sure why they're being so sketchy about the scale, but this image:

strongly implies that "Legendary" scale is close to 15mm, so somewhere around Flames of War. (Assuming 25mm bases and roughly normal human hand size.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The best way to troll Far West would be for someone else to finish and release it for free. Except the concept is pretty uninteresting, so good luck finding someone to volunteer that time.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It seems weird that you can't just get the files and diy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I kind of love that he doesn't really understand what "proportional" means or how to use it, but made it the selling point of his kickstarter anyway.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Wait so why not just say they're all equal height within a .1" tolerance?

Because proportional implies a ratio.

E: or more specifically, a relationship between different things that remains constant.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm not trying to imply he's got a bad product or idea! I think I get exactly where he's coming from about needing symmetry and correctness in things, and that might be why I got stuck up on his word choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

Anyone else got theirs?

I just got a notification that 22lbs of Gloomhaven is coming my way. :stare: