Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

NTRabbit posted:

Oh my god shut up about Kingdom Rapedeath already and look at a good Kingdom, Kings of War: Vanguard which has a few hours left, and in stretch goal terms has blown through the important stuff and is now unlocking single figure mercenaries that will get made either way.

$150

Some new Dwarves because the CEOs ary is dwarves, so only art no renders $45

And a $30 pledge for just rules and tokens, a 2 player starter for $85, add on Warbands for $45 each, and some other add ons and levels.

I really hope this doesn't get lost as everybody scrolls past yet another Kingdom Rapedeath slapfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Gloomhaven arrived and WOW it's big. Really looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Boy howdy am I glad I'm getting those dice marbled at no extra cost

I only wish the marbled dice were Kickstarter exclusives so they could be a status symbol that made me feel superior to other people for owning them.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

UpFront! got me, too. It's a shame he burned everybody after successfully delivering on two other kickstarters, but it looks like he took the money and ran to Australia with no intent of delivering ever.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think there original UpFront went PoD, but I never saw any money from the kickstarter.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The right's interest in "resisting tyranny" begins and ends at gun ownership.

Otherwise there would be armed demonstrations supporting our rights to abortion, same sex marriage, the post office, and public education - but somehow other people's rights are totally cool for tyranny to infringe upon.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I just now got that Alas Vegas is a play on Las Vegas.

Huh.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is the DRAGON GOLD guy from the same SSI that made the :krad: D&D computer games forever ago?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

My Raging Heroes stuff finally showed up!

It's incredibly overdue, but the quality is pretty amazing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Isn't that on Corvus Belli? I remember something about them needing to micro approve every line of fluff and being really slow about it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like they were aiming for a GWAR meets Khorne minis game, but then they made it serious.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I liked the look of the minis for some other post- apocalypse game but loving what the gently caress they want $120 and the whole game is kickstarter exclusive?

Haha, ok yeah no.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Evan Dorkin is working on this though?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

A class action lawsuit would definitely succeed, but will need probably something like a quarter to a half a million dollars to pay for it,

I'd contribute to a kickstarter that promised to get Siembieda out of the industry, and $500k would probably fund faster than you think.

E: Especially if the stretch goals were set as restitution to specific people he's burned.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Nuns with Guns posted:

He also describes the game as "cyberpunk" and I'm not sure those two hooks work well together.

Dial-up Modempunk or Pagerpunk?

This is all kind of hilarious. It's also clear that "the regime" is only politically neutral if the observer is standing in the dead center of an alt/right-wing media bubble.

From there, the "left" says gays just shouldn't be allowed wedding cake and PDA, and the rightmost voices all but say they should be murdered. So the compromise position of treating them like second class citizens seems "neutral."

Time to burn down America and start over.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Isn't it basically just the Crimson Skies aesthetic?

E:

wikipedia posted:

Crimson Skies is an example of the dieselpunkgenre,[3][4][5][6] though it predated the genre name.

:thunk:

moths fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 2, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The kickstarters generally have a ton of exclusives, which really soured me on the whole thing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Aces & 8s really played around with the history IIRC, to the point where the Mormon state of Deseret and Texas were independent nations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Neither persisted into post-ACW times though. It was a cool idea for a "what if?" history though.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

homullus posted:

I want it to be "coupniverse" but that looks terrible in print.

It sounds worse out loud than it looks in print. Nobody should be saying "Cooniverse" in public.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"Couponverse" is a perfectly acceptable substitute.

It's still better than "the dystopian future universe" or whatever the official branding is.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think the 50% figure is mostly the bump from the REMIND ME feature. But that might apply more to a project that's already funded and well into stretch goals already.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I totally do, but I've got serious reservations about the plastic figures coming out as nicely as the old metal ones.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok you miscast the spell and ... :rolldice:
marriage is now between one person and one appliance.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

This Confrontation KS has me feeling very conflicted.

It's an established company, the sculpts are done and fantastic, the rules are ok-I-guess, but goddamn "buy every single thing in a box" is a garbage way to have launched this.

It's unlikely to grow to the point where you can get a single faction, since there's no way to substantially increase pledges without that level. And without that, they'll never hit a point where the big box becomes the Sweet Spot or even an ok deal.

I feel like I'm the exact person they're marketing this at, and I'm just kind of frustrated and disappointed that they lead with "all-in." Instead of making that the best option, they made it the only option.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It works better in fantasy or ancients, but once you hit mass production it starts looking weird when the tall guy's Thompson SMG is 25% larger than the rest of his squad's.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's also loving itself by still not having individual factions available for no clear reason.

They made it a stretch goal that's impossible to achieve because there's nothing backers can buy to get the.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Confrontation is currenty trending downwards, which is a shame but not at all unexpected.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Henker posted:

Their Army Boy looks very heavily "influenced" by Fallout's Pip Boy.

This looks like a very S.P.E V.C.I.A.L. system.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

From what I could figure, it was impossible to unlock the stretch goal of individual armies with the backers they had because there was no path for them to bring in that much more money.

Instead of offering what everyone wanted (a la cart factions) while incentivizing the big box as a sweet spot, they dumped the all-in pledge and said it was their way or the highway.

And now they have to deliver based on their initial funding goal, which is honestly a little skimpy for a project this size.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like if they had ran it better, or just had a $100ish buy in, they could probably have gotten 3 times as much money.

The game was poised to make an absolute killing, too. People routinely pay absurd money for the old sculpts, the game is solid, and all the work has been done.

They just needed to step in, connect the dots, and make a million dollars. Instead they somehow managed not to, against all odds.

I was hoping they'd pull the plug and relaunch fresh and fixed, but it didn't happen.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Jedit posted:

When someone says "I'm a huge enthusiast of the Crusades" what he actually means is he's a massive Islamophobe.

I kinda wish there were Saladin fanboys out there, but then they'd just ship him with Stephen Universe or something.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Twilight: 2000 already took right wing fantasies to their logical end, though.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Those meeples look amazing, I just wish Trogdor had v scales instead of u ones.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They look pretty curved to me. :(

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I lost money to Up Front! along with eveyone else who backed it.

Which was weird because AFAIK it was essentially a reprint.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Aren't they all defunct stores?

E: I thought part of the joke was that it's a "dead" mall in several senses, but IDK if KMart is still around.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 9, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I asked over in the SotDL thread but nobody replied - does the blackstar kickstarter looking good to anybody?

I can't tell if it's awesome go all-in or if it's horrible shovelware avoid at all costs. There's some PF names attached that scare me, but they have hit enough stretch goals that the content looks like a good value-for-money deal.

That is, assuming the content isn't pure SKR grade "mouse cords are hard" barf.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I get the impression the Blackstar crew isn't English primary speakers, but they seem to have plenty of English speakers on board. I don't know why SotDL is so big in Itally. Maybe it resonates with giallo fans.

I didn't realize the original monsters were lacking, so a book of late-design monsters is probably worth the $40 and then the extra $20 for all the bonus content in PDF. If it's a flaming disaster, at least the art was cool.

And if it's all quality, that's even better.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I almost ignored that, half expecting a tired Monty Python reference.

Instead, it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is this bearded teen dwarf Judy Garland? Because that's amazing.