Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Reading those dev diaries for Oath is making me more and more excited each one I read. Probably having played a lot of Root recently has helped with my attitude towards Leder.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Troika's dragons are beings of pure hyperlight that soar through space, geometrically and metaphysically incorruptible. This means that they can and do indulge in wanton destruction, avarice, seeking forbidden knowledge and random acts of cruelty, because they revel in the fact that nothing can ever make them less perfect than they are by nature.

It's a lovely theological weirdness wrapped in the classic dragon package of teeth and kaleidoscopic fire breath, plus I already have a story concept (The Dungeon of the Dragon) based on that theological understanding: since dragons are incorrupt, then clearly a dragon moving in should be treated as a saint or prophet, and whoever they randomly choose to attack is guilty in some imperceptible but fundamental way.

The main characters would be, of course, shipwrecked on a planet by dragon attack, and then have to deal with bounty hunters, a Byzantine legal system, and political causes for and against the ‘lawful’ government-by-space-dragon-attack, before they can get off this rock.

I'm sold. That Turtle's on the paleozoic page is doing a lot of heavy lifting as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Spookyelectric posted:

The Tiny Taverns Kickstarter is live! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Thank you goons!

Edit: And we've funded! Wow, that feels good.

Looks great. Backed and good luck!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

god i was a fool not to back orc stabr

Yeah im not missin’ out on No Stabr this time.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Better than the complete Pop-up works of Antione Jomini.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Jesus Christ, Werewolf! You don't need 5,000 bits of info on the card. Or a 200 page strategy guide!

werewolf strategy:

-gently caress you nick
-everyone on the couch votes as a block

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

Introduction paragraph is 4 lines, followed immediately by 14 lines about how the dice system works including a lengthy example. :hmmno:

quote:

Dames of Asstoria will be our second game. We have recently completed our Fallout Equestria PnP

:randno:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Do i really want to pay 150 bucks for a darkest dungeon plague doctor mini :thunk:

potatocubed posted:

Hello, time for me to self-promote!

I've just launched The Map is not The Territory which is a collection of dungeon adventures, essays, and mini-games all based off a single map. It's a bit of a weird project and I'm filled with anxiety that it's going to crash and burn, so if you've got some spare cash... why not give it to me so I can pay two dozen authors to write fancy stuff?

I kinda bounced off the initial email but your appeal here helped. backed and good luck goon

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

potatocubed posted:

Yeah, I noticed that -- it was kind of them to do so.

Thanks! What bounced you off the email? I ask because I am The Worst at marketing and any sort of feedback I can work with is good for me.

early morning grogginess made me see it as more of like a single dungeon, so i didnt really get that it was more of a broad anthology around a theme. seeing your post motivated me to look again after i had coffeed up and it really sounded neat and good for how i find inspiration my own games!

just one of the things about marketing you cant really do anything about!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

go orc stabr route: order half with fabric, half with leather, rip all the covers off, rip them in half, then send a random back and front cover to everyone

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Our Shores is live!

Three amazing teams from South East Asia have teamed up to offer three massive games on Kickstarter. This is kinda huge cause SEA doesn't get access to Kickstarter normally, and this is one of the first times creators from all across that region have got a chance to get them thicc Kickstarter Stacks. The three main games are really sick, and spreads across a ton of genres (my fave is prolly Capitalities which is kind of like a slice of life TTRPG set in the big city, the writer likens it to The Sims a bit) and the stretch goals shoots for a p chunky zine with another 7-8 games from other RPGSEA designers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/our-shores-an-rpgsea-compilation?ref=creator_nav

Slammed in as #2 once the email came across. Really excited for Maharlika.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

Perhaps you are thinking of “Trump: The Game”? Which is a Milton Bradley game that features roll and move, investing in properties, and negotiating over the purchase of those properties, but which is not actually monopoly.

The first version is surprisingly fun. quick to play, really dialed in on the lending mechanic that people tend to forget about in monopoly. second version simplified it too much.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

jivjov posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/312766093/deluxe-board-game-train-sets

New plastic trains! A bit pricey, but look really well detailed and I love the individual theming for each set

Do i want to have fancy trains for tickets to ride :thunk:

probably

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Tiny plastic trains? Complete fingerprint magnets, those are. Everyone knows that.

yeah. its 💯 after the fact justification for now wanting to spend the money

some of the other pics the non yellow trains look better, though i think no amount of machine painting can save the school bus

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

The guy appears to be genuine, he's got an instagram going back a few years with his characters (albeit a few years ago it wasn't good, but all artists have to start somewhere). I'm guessing yeah, he got a few big investors up front to make sure it funds, and then everyone else is gravy. Also, lol that the minimum level you can back at to receive something is $100, and it's just a booster pack.

he look pretty happy doing it. I'd probably buy one of his books if I ran into him at a con or spx or something

i would probably not give him 100 bucks for a 20 trading card blister packs

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

TheDiceBagLady posted:

The best anthro minis I've ever seen ends in a few days

Wyrdworld ReCreated by Fenris Games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fenrisgames/wyrdworld-recreated-28mm-anthro-fantasy-miniatures

:hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

silvergoose posted:

Otherworld The Official Trading Card Game is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.
If you are interested in this project, please check back later. Thanks for your patience.

i guess this answers what i was wondering: are these tcg money laundering scams buying art from like opensquid or just stealing it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

giant carcassone where the tiles are each 1 square ft

and yes we are playing with all the expansion tiles. someone go get the velvet hot air ballon.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Memnaelar posted:

Root (which is just a LOT to sit down on the table for inexperienced players). I just feel like I might be at max capacity-Wehrle for what my group can reasonably enjoy and the reviewers seeming somewhat confounded as to whether there's actually a good game there, campaign or otherwise, really gives me pause.

I've had luck running non-experienced board gamers through root a bunch of times, though I think the tutorial is a big help*. Though I guess you can't just keep repeating the tutorial in something more like Arcs :thunk:

*One time another set of people at the same board game night made a cones of dunshire crack and they were still playing the game of munchkin they started just a few minutes later by the time we finished so jokes on them

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

just use your 3d printer to print a paper printer easy as

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

evil stevie betraying his one true tabletop system :eng99:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

Huh, I finally got some Starfinder minis from the kickstarter. It’s been so long I don’t even remember what level I backed at, but I got a bunch of ones I don’t remember asking for, given iirc I only wanted the iconic envoy mini (which wasn’t in the box). I guess I have some Starfinder minis now?

Same. I backed at a smaller level but i think they hosed up enough that they just sent everyone the full set since they are all still in sprues.

Still waiting on the dungeon game but lmao that aint gonna happen no matter how many emails they send

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Tekopo posted:

I still haven’t opened my boxes of Sakura Arms. The completionism bug is a cruel mistress. I think I’m pretty much done in getting 1v1 fighting card games tho, since I pretty much have all of them.

I at least set mine up and consolidated them into a single box! Ive managed to force people to play pixel tactics and I think I can get away with this. One of my friends is really REALLY into Exceed so I can probably trick him into playing :thunk:

JazzFlight posted:

Michael Kelley of the One Stop Co-Op Shop has developed a few solo variants for some 1v1 games if you’re into that kinda thing. Just check the BGG pages for BattleCON, Exceed, Sakura Arms, Radlands, Super Fantasy Brawl, etc. I think there are a few more, he usually posts runthroughs on his YouTube channel.

Edit: Ah, here’s a playlist of all of them:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrSwu7NfI3qc5NL_6ujx0XRWPBbo8hKYA

ohh cool thanks!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hypnobeard posted:

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/douglas-h-cole/saethor-s-bane-a-dungeon-fantasy-rpg-solo-adventure

A solo adventure for Dungeon Fantasy RPG (GURPS with modifications to play a bit more like D&D in spirit). It's not Steve Jackson Games, if that matter to you.

Check it out!

is evil steve letting more people use gurps outside of his empire?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and file chapter 11 bankruptcy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

That campaign was 2015, holy poo poo. Highly doubt any backers still expected to see anything from them, but surprised they held on this long without formally going bankrupt.

I just wanted some neat little chibi figures :negative:

at least i can say my first failed kickstarter was a big one