Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

"Now go join your friends and help them tell stories"

Jesus this should be in every RPG book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Supposedly Blades In The Dark is getting a big PDF update/beta release sometime next week. I'm getting a little upset as its 9 months past due, but I still have faith in John Harper even though the last tangible update was in May. Still sucks even more though because that means all the hacks will be way later too.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

To be fair, and I know I'm gonna be absolutely burned at the stake for this, it's not an excuse to just run off with the kickstarter money/not fulfill obligations. That's a much lower level of unprofessional but it still is, you wouldn't get away with that poo poo in the adult world of work.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Ok, my bad, I was severely misinformed on the Mikan thing on the degree it went to. If it got to the point of people calling the parents and doing that kind of poo poo in real life I retract my statements, I thought it was just general forums/email trolling and harassment, I missed the part previously about how far it reached. In that instance I don't blame Mikan at all. Also my worldview on that is a little sketch (and I know this) because I worked in the car industry for 5 years where that kind of behavior is normal/tolerated and you're flat out unemployed if you can't harden yourself to racial/ethnic/sexual slurs both in and out of work, even from management (I had a manager text me at night when one of my customers was mad that if I gently caress up again he's getting his biker friends to come 'rape my n-word woman', if that gives a good example), so that mistake is all on me.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Haha wow that red text, thanks to whoever did that one :rolleyes:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

jc no it isn't

Believe it or not, in the car industry it absolutely is, and is one of the main reasons I spent every waking hour the past two years working to get out of it and into something where I can give back to people. It's not like I could just quit and magically my bills would be paid, so I endured some awful poo poo until I could save enough. Hell, even then the general manager was pissed when I gave my two week notice and ran a dozen or so hard credit checks on the sales side with my employee info and tanked my credit score about 100 points because he knew I was looking for school loans. I wouldn't wish that poo poo on anyone, trust me. Most people haven't experienced it and even when I apologized for being wrong on here I ended up with this lovely red text as a reminder so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Anyway, real content, Beneath Nexus looks like a fun dungeon crawling game without the massive room needed for something like Descent, but a little more substance than the Pathfinder card game. Only thing that's a little lacking is the card art imo.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/silverclutchgames/beneath-nexus-an-asymmetrical-dungeon-crawling-car?ref=category

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Dungeon Builder: An Isometric Map Maker looks pretty nice. $40, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBOGIudr8E

There's a demo available, but I can't try it right now.

This is super cool but I'm not sure it's $40 super cool, unless they hit the "Go outside and play" stretch goal which adds more natural cavers and some trees, bushes, etc. If it ends up being able to do any decent looking "dungeon" as an indoor or outdoor map I'd definitely buy it for $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I'd be down for a game like Kingdom Death without all the skeezy poo poo and better rules, I don't know if Descent scratches that itch but a multiplayer board game dungeon crawler where the monsters use cards sounds like a lot of fun.