Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming_Gremlin
Dec 26, 2005

Look at him. Dude's a stone-cold badass.
They did provide a copy of the rulebook, so it isn't the worst crowdfunding that I have seen. But I agree, the actual GF page does a terrible job of explaining what the hell you are actually doing.

Jedit posted:

The easy trick for telling if a CMON game is bad is to look at how many minis are needed to play the game. The less there are, the better the game.

I did hear that Dune: War for Arrakis actually turned out surprisingly well, despite all the minis. I haven't had a chance to play it myself. I have one friend who actually backed it, but when we were setting up the game to play, he realized his copy was missing an entire tray of necessary components. We ended up just playing SW Rebellion instead.

I think it has been two to three months since and he is still waiting to receive the replacement parts from CMON. They do email him updates on the status every week, letting him know they still aren't ready...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU