Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I've barely started reading it, but one thing I thought was a pleasant surprise was seeing Jennifer Mahr not only acknowledged as co-creator of 1st ed., but also she's the writer of the fluff that opens the book.

You hear John Wick's John Wick Presents buys the full rights to a John Wick game, you start worrying about the guy's ego.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

There's still some Wickery in stuff like the Inismore section or people's opinions on Vodacce, but it's relatively subdued.

Yo, did you know Vodaccians are a lot like spiders? Like, metaphorically?

Edit: Finished reading through the major stuff. It's interesting just how many rules you can see as directly following on from the old system, despite being so different. Advancement through Story is intriguing. There's a picture of an Eisen woman with Farah Fawcett hair and Randy Savage biceps.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

A "stat" that represents luck seems pointless compared to:
-A pile of luck points or tokens
-A trait that lets you be lucky in X circumstances.

What does "average" luck mean? What does a 5/9 luck get you that 4/9 get you (unless you have a crit table?) What does luck represent that randomized dice rolling doesn't?

A bigger stat means a bigger pool of tokens. It ain't rocket problems.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

Those are some of the worst puns I've ever seen.

I feel like they just used a thesaurus... But, like, a crappy one.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

As an American, I think there should be a version of the minis with giant fuckoff guns. AR-16s, Desert Eagle Mark XIXs, Thompson M1928s, and of course M60 GPMGs.

Edit: Fuckin' A. The one name I didn't look up.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 13, 2016

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I've noticed people very rarely treat Kickstarter backing as "just" a transaction. Except maybe people who buy minis. There's an element of wanting to feel like you're a part of the project. Maybe that's not so healthy for them; but to have a guy flat out deny them that feeling because it's too much of a hassle for him sure seems salty.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I backed 7th Sea just for reading material, and today they sent out an email saying they'll be at GenCon handing out the Quick Start book for their 7th Sea: The East line of Asian-inspired splats. Why yes, the first Nation mentioned was filled with arrogant high-borne samurai man-children, how did you know? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Dr. Philadelphia is a great name for a knockoff super guy. That's the silver lining I choose to see here.