Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

Lol you actually like man rear end you homo.

i cucked your mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HumanDecency posted:

If you were disappointed by this movie then you have weird priorities.

My next thread will be "The new _____ movie exists in a theater."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

jeff smisek posted:

It was bad. sansa is the worst actor , you can see the dead in her eyes. Thanks for ruining jean bitch

I was trying to block out how bad she was.
Thanks, ugh.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

jeff smisek posted:

It was bad. sansa is the worst actor , you can see the dead in her eyes. Thanks for ruining jean bitch

I don't think anyone seemed excited to be in the movie.

Only good moment in the movie was Quicksilver saving the day again at the Academy.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Quicksilver loving rules and he can play my atari any day :bigtran:

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

etalian posted:

I don't think anyone seemed excited to be in the movie.

Only good moment in the movie was Quicksilver saving the day again at the Academy.

This entire movie was forced and sad. I am sad about my life

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

How the gently caress did quicksilver make Mrs Pacman go faster? That's not how anything works!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

How the gently caress did quicksilver make Mrs Pacman go faster? That's not how anything works!
Speed force? Oops, wrong dumb comic book fast man

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Was it just me or was the whole cast not too excited to be in the movie?

Also Patrick Stewart and sir ian mckellen had much screen chemistry.

With them you can buy that their character were once close friends who got split apart by ideological differences

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

etalian posted:

Also Patrick Stewart and sir ian mckellen had much screen chemistry.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
So I didn't really like First Class, but Days of Future Past was kind of neat, and right now I'm sitting in the theatre waiting for Apocalypse to start. Trip report incoming.

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015
Wait, was the spoiler that the movie would suck? Cuz... I kinda expected that.

I'll watch it anyways. I can't help myself.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Airborne Viking posted:

...right now I'm sitting in the theatre waiting for Apocalypse to start. Trip report incoming.

I'm so so sorry

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Half hour in, just taking a piss. Just before it started, the actress that played storm gave a minute long speech. She talked about how awesome it was to work on the film, and how thankful she was for the audience to watch it.

It seemed heavily scripted, and looked like a giant apology for what I'm about to watch.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I too am shocked that yet another sequel in a movie franchise based on a comic book for little boys is bad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I bet since Olivia Munn's in it, Aaron Rodgers was probably on-set everyday "auditioning" young guys with Brian Singer.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

For gently caress's sake. Buried under the fluff is a really good movie, but there's so much needless poo poo surrounding it that if you haven't seen First Class and Days of Future Past (hell, even X3), you're going to be lost without knowing some of the lore.

• There's a scene where they come out of a theatre that was playing Return of the Jedi. "Well, I guess we can all agree that the third one is the worst *wink wink*"! gently caress you Fox.

• Hey, the quicksilver scene was cool in the last one. Lets do a shittier version of that! gently caress you.

• There's a part where it goes THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT WOLVERINE NOW and a B movie action scene happens. It ends with him running off into the forest after being groped by a teenage redhead, and someone quips "boy I hope we don't see that guy again"! gently caress you Bryan Singer, or whatever dipshit producer made that happen.

• The climax is Jean doing the whole phoenix thing WITHOUT ANY PRIOR REFERENCE OR FORESHADOWING TO THIS PREVIOUSLY UNUSED POWER.

• The epilogue ties up a few things with corny character declarations, the likes I haven't seen since Fast Five. gently caress you hollywood.

Again, there REALLY was a lot of good things that worked, and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, but goddamn it's easy to tell that there's lots of fingers in the pot of this property now. First Class is still the worst one.

edit: And Olivia Munn gave her best performance that I've ever seen, because she has only five lines of dialogue in the entire movie and was able to sell her resting-bitch-face as villainous scowling.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 29, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jeff smisek posted:

This entire movie was forced and sad. I am sad about my life

I am not happy to hear this.

I only trust you because of your avatar.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what stand does magneto's wife and daughter get?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Nuebot posted:

So what stand does magneto's wife and daughter get?

i think they got wall mounts instead

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My dad said if i did all my chores this week hed take me to see the movie on the weekend. I like cylcops because he has the red lasers that shoot out of his eyes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its no transformers 4

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
lets really get to the heart of this issue though: how is the toy line?

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I like how they have a mutant whose entire power is being able to control the weather, in a film that is set primarily in a desert, and she doesn't make it snow or rain once. All she does is make it slightly windy and shoot some lightning.

Also I'm glad in this film about one of the most boring and overpowered mutants in the comics, they choose to have him beaten by one of the few mutants even more boring and overpowered than him.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chucat posted:

I like how they have a mutant whose entire power is being able to control the weather, in a film that is set primarily in a desert, and she doesn't make it snow or rain once. All she does is make it slightly windy and shoot some lightning.

Also I'm glad in this film about one of the most boring and overpowered mutants in the comics, they choose to have him beaten by one of the few mutants even more boring and overpowered than him.

I like how Wolverine has claws and a metal skeleton also he can heal from anything and he says cool things like "I hope you're not too cut uped about it" when he cuts the bad guys with his claws. I think that storm is really pretty and when i growed up im gonna marry her.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Pitdragon posted:

lets really get to the heart of this issue though: how is the toy line?

there is none because marvel doesn't fox getting any more money from this then they are and it would also compete with civil war merch sales if there were any

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the only thing stopping apocalypse from waking up for millennia was a wooden board covering a hole
they really went all out with the story of how he was awoken in the new age
someone moved the board

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Just walked out. It was "ok" I guess the last 30 minutes was a total snore fest.

Also maybe it was just me but the whole scene shot in the prison (with Colonel Stryker) - it had such an odd video quality to it. Was it filmed on an iPhone?

The only thing that got me really excited while in the theatre was seeing the Independence Day trailer , that looks rad

Rocks fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 29, 2016

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

X Men Apocalypse more like The Mummy Returns, am I right

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Can I just pretend that the MINDREALM fight is actually Bald Brain Man and Alpacalips playing the Domination Game from Never Say Never Again?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

90s comic villains dont translate to screen very well. we'll never have a good dr doom either..

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

That quicksilver scene though, just run that for 2 hours in cinemas.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the directors cut will have several minutes showing extra mutant action but the directors directors cut is just bryan singer raping kids for hours

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

ruddiger posted:

I bet since Olivia Munn's in it, Aaron Rodgers was probably on-set everyday "auditioning" young guys with Brian Singer.

You're going in the wrong direction. Olivia Minn is in the movie because Rodgers and Singer know each other from paedo parties.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I liked how the 4 Horseman basically added nothing to the movie besides being cardboard cutout video game bosses.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

etalian posted:

I liked how the 4 Horseman basically added nothing to the movie besides being cardboard cutout video game bosses.

Without having seen the movie, I'm picturing this as a Dark Souls-esque encounter where all the main characters spend thirty minutes rolling back and forth drinking potions and dodging while trying to avoid the world's slowest attack animations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

New Sharif in Town posted:

Can I just pretend that the MINDREALM fight is actually Bald Brain Man and Alpacalips playing the Domination Game from Never Say Never Again?
Yeah but its totally cool cause Xavier with hair tells apocalypse"this is my house" and punches the poo poo out of him for a little while.

Then apocalypse gets big and not even Charles's hair can compete with that, lemme tell you!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Airborne Viking posted:

Hey, the quicksilver scene was cool in the last one. Lets do a shittier version of that! gently caress you.

The climax is Jean doing the whole phoenix thing WITHOUT ANY PRIOR REFERENCE OR FORESHADOWING TO THIS PREVIOUSLY UNUSED POWER.

lol u dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

TheHoosier posted:

90s comic villains dont translate to screen very well. we'll never have a good dr doom either..

if a fantastic four movie was made in a very deliberate and realized jack kirby aesthetic you could end up with a fuckin rad dr doom

but yeah that would never happen

• Locked thread