Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

There's so many pop culture references in Deadpool that in ten years I'd be surprised if it holds up. Not really complaining, just enjoy it while it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

So I didn't really like First Class, but Days of Future Past was kind of neat, and right now I'm sitting in the theatre waiting for Apocalypse to start. Trip report incoming.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Half hour in, just taking a piss. Just before it started, the actress that played storm gave a minute long speech. She talked about how awesome it was to work on the film, and how thankful she was for the audience to watch it.

It seemed heavily scripted, and looked like a giant apology for what I'm about to watch.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

For gently caress's sake. Buried under the fluff is a really good movie, but there's so much needless poo poo surrounding it that if you haven't seen First Class and Days of Future Past (hell, even X3), you're going to be lost without knowing some of the lore.

• There's a scene where they come out of a theatre that was playing Return of the Jedi. "Well, I guess we can all agree that the third one is the worst *wink wink*"! gently caress you Fox.

• Hey, the quicksilver scene was cool in the last one. Lets do a shittier version of that! gently caress you.

• There's a part where it goes THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT WOLVERINE NOW and a B movie action scene happens. It ends with him running off into the forest after being groped by a teenage redhead, and someone quips "boy I hope we don't see that guy again"! gently caress you Bryan Singer, or whatever dipshit producer made that happen.

• The climax is Jean doing the whole phoenix thing WITHOUT ANY PRIOR REFERENCE OR FORESHADOWING TO THIS PREVIOUSLY UNUSED POWER.

• The epilogue ties up a few things with corny character declarations, the likes I haven't seen since Fast Five. gently caress you hollywood.

Again, there REALLY was a lot of good things that worked, and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, but goddamn it's easy to tell that there's lots of fingers in the pot of this property now. First Class is still the worst one.

edit: And Olivia Munn gave her best performance that I've ever seen, because she has only five lines of dialogue in the entire movie and was able to sell her resting-bitch-face as villainous scowling.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 29, 2016

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If, early in the movie, an intermittent five second premonition with apocalypse and fire was supposed to be the buildup to the phoenx, then I'm sorry if I misinterprited the writer's lack of creativity. "Unleash your power" is even more lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

Did you go to take a poo poo during that scene where Jean can't control her power and is melting her loving room?

was that about 40 minutes in? If so than yes.

• Locked thread