Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reminder that Kentucky had uga beat and loving blew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

FizFashizzle posted:

Reminder that Kentucky had uga beat and loving blew it.

Kentucky never led after like 10 minutes left in the 4th. I think more people remembering UGA having Tennessee and Tech beat and then loving blowing it. It's way funnier and worse.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FBScoops posted:

Virginia Tech: Justin Fuente has had his contract extended with the Hokies through the 2023 season. Fuente led the program to a 10-4 mark in his first season in 2016 and was also voted ACC Coach of the Year. Fuente’s new deal will pay him $3.25 million in 2017, and will increase to $4 million in 2023, according to Bruce Feldman.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
What

He had been there for one year

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When has giving a coach an extremely generous extension after one good season ever gone wrong befo-

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Extensions don't mean poo poo if the buyout is cheap though

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Raku posted:

What

He had been there for one year

Trying to keep someone from poaching him?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Giving a coach a good extension assuredly helps recruiting so it doesn't seem like the guy is on the way out in the next couple years, but it's still mostly down to how the buyout is structured.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

E: Meant to post that in the general NCAA thread, but UGA did pick up a S&C coach from Nebraska

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 5, 2017

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Bill Snyder announced he's done with cancer treatments :unsmith: and expects to coach with no setbacks this year

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Bill Snyder's still going to be coaching Kansas State when he's a brain in a jar.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Bill Snyder's still going to be coaching Kansas State when he's a brain in a jar.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

got some hot, hot contract extension news for yall

FB Scoops posted:

Louisiana Tech: Skip Holtz, who won Conference USA’s Coach of the Year Award after last season, has agreed to a five-year extension worth $3.5 million. He will average $700,000 annually, which is a $200,000 per year pay raise from his previous deal. LA Tech went 9-5 this past season and Holtz is 31-22 overall.

Washington: Chris Petersen has inked a 3-year extension through 2023 that will bump his salary from $4 million to $4.875 million, according to Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated. The extension makes Petersen the highest-paid coach (among publicly available contracts) in the Pac-12. Petersen led Washington to its first Pac-12 title in a decade and a half last season.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Great. That means Holtz is gonna be gone.

LA Tech is going the route of Houston, except we put out the Dooley's of the world.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Glad for Petersen getting paid, good for him.

I love that Washington made out like bandits when they lost Sarkisian. They got their coach poached which ended up being great for them, since they dodged a bullet with all of Sarkisian's drama and ended up getting a better coach and making the playoffs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bill Cubit has surfaced!

quote:

Bill Cubit: The former Western Michigan and Illinois head coach has been named head coach at Martin County (FL) High School. He went 30-6 with two district titles at the school as head coach from 1986-88.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Al Borges rejoining Auburn as an analyst.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DJExile posted:

Bill Cubit has surfaced!

Haha, one of my best friends teaches math there.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Al Borges rejoining Auburn as an analyst.

:staredog:

I cannot even fathom what Al Borges trying to run a Malzahn system would look like. I hope to god he's like some type of "go break down Bama quietly in that room over there" type of employee

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TheGreyGhost posted:

:staredog:

I cannot even fathom what Al Borges trying to run a Malzahn system would look like. I hope to god he's like some type of "go break down Bama quietly in that room over there" type of employee

He is an analyst, so that's likely what he is going to be doing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Right, I wouldn't want him making any decisions but if you look back to what Borges did with Jason Campbell, Cadillac and Ronnie Brown in 2004 that's maybe not the worst guy to have in a room bouncing ideas around for how to build an offense around a not super mobile QB like Jarrett Stidham.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
KState is hiring Iowa's associate AD, Gene Taylor, as their new AD. I am not going to pretend I have any idea what an associate AD does but people who cover the program seem to think it's a big loss for Iowa and a great hire for KState

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

KState is hiring Iowa's associate AD, Gene Taylor, as their new AD. I am not going to pretend I have any idea what an associate AD does but people who cover the program seem to think it's a big loss for Iowa and a great hire for KState

I think they're the guys who handle the C-tier sports, like lacrosse and water polo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Our golf team inexplicably got kind of good maybe he did that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Alabama: New offensive coordinator Brian Daboll will earn $1.2 million in 2017, according to Aaron Suttles of the Tuscaloosa News. Additionally, wide receivers coach Mike Locksley will make $600,000 (he earned $45,000 as an analyst in 2016) and tight ends coach/special teams coordinator Joe Pannunzio will earn “approximately” $378,000.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

$1.2 million

I mean, that's kinda silly money for a guy who's only experience as an OC has been in the NFL and includes (exclusively) the 32nd, 29th, 22nd, and 27th ranked offenses by yards and 29th, 31st, 20th, and 32nd ranked offenses by points.

e: to be fair to him, only the Chiefs actually improved with him gone.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 19, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

drat I wish I could get a 13x raise.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

They could pay me 250k a year and I'd bust out my NCAA2014 playbook. Save the extra million, Alabama!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I think we could all outperform Brian Schottenheimer in play calling

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hooooooooooooooo boy

quote:

Baylor paid Art Briles a total of $6.2 million in compensation in 2015, according to tax documents obtained by USA Today, up from $5.94 million in ’14. That figure trailed only Jim Harbaugh, Nick Saban and Urban Meyer for the 2015 season. Additionally, AD Ian McCaw earned just over $950,000 in 2015.

:stare:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My decades of video game football and yelling at the TV have taught me that I have better clock management skill than 98 to 99 percent of all coaches.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DJExile posted:

hooooooooooooooo boy

:stare:

Scandals aside, he did a lot with that program. gently caress him though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That Works posted:

Scandals aside, he did a lot with that program. gently caress him though.

Yeah briles purely as a football coach would absolutely be worth that, were he not also a complete garbage person

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It doesn't justify his actions at all, but 6 million dollars is a lot of motivation to put winning football games ahead of literally everything else.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MourningView posted:

Yeah briles purely as a football coach would absolutely be worth that, were he not also a complete garbage person

Same goes for Urban.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

Dango Bango posted:

Same goes for Urban.

Nah, he's still worth it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pat Fitzgerald has been extended at Northwestern through 2026.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ugh, I'm going to be watching awful Fitzgerald vs Ferentz games until like 2075

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

gently caress, wrong thread

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I feel like any QBs that get hyped up right alongside Tanner Lee should get nothing but the side-eye

• Locked thread